Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tej Krishan ThusooYour feedback matters!
Hai sir I am suffering with black spots on my face those are caused by pimples when I press them the pus comes from them nd some times little amount of blood also comes from it and then becomes as a black spots please plsss suggest some probable suggestions to reduce those spots nd now I came to know that don't bite or touch them with my fingers sir pls help me in reducing those spots nd lightning my face plsssss sirrr r madam.
I have dark underarms and have already tried many home remedies but no change has been observed. What to do.
I have skin issue. I got itching problem. Prior I consulted with a doctor in chennai and after sometimes I shifted to bangalore so I couldn't able to continue the treatment there.
Hello. Good evening. Doctor I have dark circles under my eyes. I use to wear specs due to my poor eye sight. It's look very ugly. It is the sign of unhealthy physic. I tried so many ornaments to get rid of this problem. But I didn't get any results. There also have some pimple spots in my cheek. I'm getting very depressed due to all this factors. Please give me some permanent solutions that I can overcome all this problems. Kindly give answer to my question. Waiting for your answer.
All of us desire to possess a healthy and glowing skin but factors like unhealthy lifestyle practices, inadequate sleep, extreme stress, anxiety and poor dietary choices tend to damage the health of your skin, giving it a dull and tired appearance.
The following are some tips that will enable you to revitalize your skin:
- Quit smoking and alcohol intake: Smoking reduces blood circulation to the interior of your skin layers, which makes your skin look dull and tired. Alcohol tends to reduce blood circulation, nutrients and quantity of oxygen supply to your skin. Hence, it is essential to limit the usage of both alcohol and tobacco.
- Drink lots water: Water is essential for the smooth functioning of your system. It is extremely important to hydrate your cells, to enable effective elimination of toxins from your system. An adequately hydrated body will add a healthy glow to your skin as well.
- Eat a balanced diet: A diet that is rich in carbohydrates and fats tend to cause more wrinkles. Green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits have antioxidants and essential vitamins, while food like fish, tofu, white meat, beans, lentils are rich in protein, all of which tend to make your skin appear younger. A balanced diet that incorporates essential nutrients is good for your skin cells and its rejuvenation. Eat mixed nuts to increase the elasticity of your skin; most nuts contain fatty acids that enable your skin to repair and rejuvenate itself.
- Use sunscreen: Almost ninety percent of the wrinkles occur due to extreme sun exposure. It is advisable to use effective sunscreen and sun protection techniques to prevent sun damage. It not only protects your skin from harmful UV rays of the sun but also protects it from sun burn and sun tans.
- Remove your make up prior to sleep: When you go to bed without removing your make-up, the accumulated dirt and sweat tend to clog your skin pores. It is extremely necessary to remove your make up prior to sleep to lessen the risk of pimple and formation of rash on skin.
- Go to bed early: Inadequate sleep tends to lower your blood circulation, which is responsible for making you look washed out and pale. Proper sleep not only gives your body the required rest but also enables your skin to rejuvenate itself through involuntary renewal process. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I am 21 years old I used skin lite cream as I am dark but I came to know that it contains steroids and they are not good for health and also I got some red color rashes and I became darker even if I stop using it for 2 to 3 days so pls suggest me an another cream which gives me fairness and suitable to use for many years without any side effects please.
Did you know that polyp formation is one of the common ailments of the large intestine, affecting close to 5-10 per cent of the population? Although majority of the polyps are asymptomatic in nature and do not form into cancer, it is important that you stay alert.
What is the disease all about?
When an abnormal growth arises from the lining of the rectum or colon, a polyp formation develops in the area. Rectum constitutes the last 12 inches of the intestine. It can be flat or take the shape of a broccoli. The latter is known as a pedunculated polyp. This being said, there is a small percentage of polyps that can turn into cancer over a span of 8-10 years. It is estimated that 95% of rectal cancers generate from polyps. Certain factors such as the size and type of the polyp decide the malignant nature of polyps. It is also dependent on the pre-cancerous changes.
The different types of polyps
There are 3 types of polyps. The first type of polyp is known as a tabular adenoma. This form has a 5 percent probability of turning into cancer. The second form of polyp is referred to as Tubulo-villous adenoma. There is a 20 percent risk of this form of polyp turning into cancer. The third form is known as a Villous adenoma. In terms of polyp size, there is a 1 percent risk factor involved of getting cancer in the polyp size is greater than 1 cm. Polyps that are in the range of 1-2 cm, has a 10 percent chance of turning into cancer. For the ones that are greater than 2 cm, there is a 40 percent probability of cancer.
Not too many symptoms are associated with rectal polyps. However, there are certain symptoms which are evident signs of rectal polyps. Some of them include bloody stool, abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, mucous discharge, diarrhoea, constipation etc.
A word on the diagnosis
A digital rectal exam or sigmoidoscopy can identify rectal polyps. They can also be identified with x-ray, colonoscopy, barium enema etc. During the process of colonoscopy, doctors focus on the changes in the lining of the colon. Although there is no full proof method of detecting polyps, most doctors rely on a combination of the above-mentioned techniques to lock in on the diagnosis.
The right treatment
Many polyps can be removed immediately at the time of colonoscopy. This method can prevent cancer and help a person avoid unnecessary complications. If the polyp is too large, a surgical intervention might be required. If the location of the polyp is situated in the lower portion of the rectum, it can be eradicated by a process known as transanal excision. If the polyp is located higher above the rectum, it is generally removed by a process known as Trans Anal Minimally Invasive Surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.