Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T K Parsad
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. T K ParsadYour feedback matters!
1.Gargle with warm water and salt
2.Have a couple of lozenges
3.choose a cough syrup that doesn't make drowsy
4.Drink warm fluids
5.Rest it out
6.Avoid oily and spicy foods
Respected sir I have a problem with my throat inflection I can not know the reason of this. I have lot of pain associated with it. I can not eat any thing. Can you suggest the normal cause of it, is it any kind of symptoms of any other diseases. Please help me sur.
I am a female of about 49 years a vegetarian & a vocal music teacher. For last six months I feel throat problem. As soon as I start singing, within a minute, I feel dry cough and unable to sing.
I have some breathing problem from last 5 years ,after consulting doctor ,in reports there is tiny cysts in throat what is consequences for this.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!