Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sushma MalikYour feedback matters!
I missed my periods. Recently I had a lot of stress and late shifts in office so assumed that I got late. But its the 2nd month andi have missed my dates. Please suggest some medicine as I am worried ad well as its leading to a lot of health and stress issues.
Hi dr, I am 25years women. And m pregnant with 2 months. I want 2 ask you tht can am allowed 2 make relationship with my husband. It is safe 4 me n our child. And pls tell me which positions r safe, if it is Yes. How many day we can do sex in a week. Kindly suggest me, I wl follow tht only.
How to use apsara tablet for women for pregnancy protection if I used 8 or 9 or any other day of period and after the taking tablet doing sex then it will help in pregnancy protection or not.
My wife is 13 week pregnant. In her last scan low lying placenta problem seen. All other factors are normal. Is that a major issue. What is the reason causing it? and what is the treatment for it?
I checked my breast lump by mammogram and found it is only fibroblastoma. No malignancy. Is it harmful in future I am 20 years female.
Sir what is the best procedure to avoid pregnancy I and my wife got first baby with scissoring and baby is now 45 day old we want to have 5 years gap or even may be permanent solution without any surgery please suggest thanks.
Haemophilia is a type of disorder in which blood does not clots easily or in a normal way. Haemophilia A is one of the common types of disease which causes due to deficiency of blood clotting factor VIII. Haemophilia B is another type which is caused due to the deficiency of blood clotting factor IX. Haemophilia is a lifetime condition which has no exact cure but can be managed by treatment. Haemophilia is a hereditary disorder which is mostly seen in men but is also observed in women sometimes if they carry the gene.
Symptoms of Haemophilia
Symptoms of haemophilia can vary depending on the severity of the disease. In most of the cases, bleeding is the common symptom of haemophilia. Sometimes, haemophilia causes internal bleeding which if left untreated can cause joint pains. There are some other general symptoms seen in people suffering from haemophilia. They are listed here.
- Bleeding through the nose
- Bleeding seen in faeces or urine
- Continuous bleeding when removal of tooth, surgery and when injured
- Unprompted bleeding
- Bleeding seen in joints which lead to swelling and pain
- Bleeding seen in urinary and gastrointestinal tracts
In some cases, internal bleeding happens in the brain which may come into notice during an injury. Such type of internal bleeding can be detected by the following symptoms.
- A severe headache
- Neck pain
- Severe stiffness in the body
- Abrupt weakness
- Problems in walking
Treatment for Haemophilia
The standard treatment of haemophilia involves mainly in replacement of missing clotting factor. As haemophilia is caused due to deficiency of factor VIII, the treatment involves the injection of factor VIII concentrates into the body which can be identified depending on the severity of bleeding, the site of bleeding and the age of the patient. Depending on the seriousness of the disease, factor VIII concentrates are given to the patient before going for surgery or dental extractions. This can help in preventing the bleeding.
As haemophilia is a hereditary disease, it is advisable to concentrate on prevention rather than cure of the disease. In order to prevent the disease, it is wise to undergo a genetic counselling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I had my LMP on 1.05. 16 and started follicular monitoring on 9.5. 16. On day 10th Dr. gave me HUCOG 10, 000 injection to ruptured them. Today is my 14 th day and my follicles are not ruptured. Radiologist told me they are shrink and partially ruptured with moderate fluid. And my Dr. told me to do intercourse yesterday and today. I dnt understand if my follicles are not ruptured then how can I conceive in this cycle. And what about that large size of follicular, will they convert into cyst please help me.
Browsing on the phone before you sleep can potentially cause serious damage to your health. According to studies the side effects can be far reaching and detrimental for your overall health. It can disrupt your sleep and contributes to several complications like heart diseases, obesity, etc.
Following are the bad effects of browsing on the phone before bed:
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night affects your sleeping pattern and deprives your body from the rest it requires. Loss and lack of sleep significantly contributes to various health problems like poor sleep, depression, stroke, cardiovascular problems, obesity etc.
- Staring at a bright screen for a long time before sleeping can slow down the activity of neurons that make you sleepy, thereby, keeping you in a state of wakefulness. Staring at artificial lights suppresses melatonin, the sleep hormone, which affects the sleep wake cycle of your body.
- Browsing on the phone before sleep also takes a toll on your eyes. It can cause serious damage to your eyes if you make a habit out of it. You can see visible signs if you wake up with dark circles in the morning and feel tired and lousy. Looking at brightly lit screen for a long time especially in the dark puts a lot of strain in your eyes and also affects mental health.
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night will make it difficult for you to wake up on time. The light on your cell phone affects your sleep, which can even trigger insomnia. Lack of sleep affects your alertness and concentration level and makes you feel drowsy and exhausted.
Related Tip: "Get better sleep"
Me and my girlfriend we both were there in a physical relationship for almost around 4 years but the situation made us get separate and now she's getting married to other guy and she's too much tensed about her virginity thing that what's gone happen. Please help us in telling any solution for this so that she can live her life happily.
I have a doubt in getting pregnancy. I got married july 2016. I want to get pregnant. My period is getting postponed for 5 to 6 days and get period. When can I intercourse with my partner to get pregnancy. I have read many news readers some of them saying like if you intercourse alternative days or during ovulation day. When is my ovulation day and fertile day if my last period of first day is 8-12-2016. Please help me, I want to get pregnant as soon as possible.
Undergoing Brain Surgery can be a very traumatic experience, and it is common for many patients recovering from brain surgery to face depression, spells of dizziness, confusion and weakness post the surgery. It can be very critical that family members and friends talk to the patient and be empathetic towards them.
It takes approximately 12-18 months for the brain to heal after a brain surgery and slowly and gradually the patient will regain all his normal functions and get back to his daily routine. However in that time they need the complete support and understanding of their families, as well may need help from therapists. This will help the patient in gaining back their independence as well as confidence in their abilities.
Here are some tips that will help you deal with a patient recovering from Brain Surgery:
After brain surgery, a person may feel disoriented and have some speech or understanding disability for a while. Family members and friends are advised to take pause when talking to the patient, so that he/she can easily understand the conversation. Speaking slowly is not recommended, as patients may recognize it and have an emotional outburst or feel hurt.
Caretakers and family members should also keep reminding the conversation topic at different points to the patient, so that it is easier for them to participate in the conversation.
Family members should also not react adversely in case of emotional outbursts, instead show love and patience to a person recovering from brain surgery.
Caregivers should make sure that the person recovering from brain surgery gets enough sleep and rest to recuperate.
People interacting with someone recovering from brain surgery should understand that the person's ability to learn and remember will improve daily, and any lapses in attention by the patient are not caused by any act of obstinacy. Your care and understanding will be essential for a person to recover.
Family members should also make sure just to give enough care and not smother the brain surgery survivor. It is essential for them to regain their confidence and a sense of competence.
Family members should take the patient for a neuropsychological examination--after treatment, 6 months later, and a year later to see if they are recovering properly. Caregivers should watch out for emotional outbursts, like rage, uncontrollable laughter, withdrawal and depression. In case of such symptoms it is advisable to take the patient for a check up with medical practitioner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have three basic questions related to pregnancy of my wife who is in her eleventh week of first trimester. Ques-1 my wife after missing her last period undergone a home pregnancy test which was +ve and visited the hospital, but doctor did not go with hcg blood test and rather gave urine test kit again and confirmed pregnancy, she has also started her prenatal pills and vaccination. Is it ok? Ques-2 can we have sex (intercourse and oral) while in pregnancy? Ques-3 can we travel long distance journey while pregnancy?
My gf is 18. She takes krimson 35 for irregular periods as suggested by doctor. I had sex 14 Feb. And her dose got over on 2march. Usually the bleeding starts after the doses for 21 days is over. But today its 5 march. She dint had any periods yet. please help me. I ws wearing the protection too and I took it out before the cum too. BT still m bit afraid. What should I do.
Health Benefits of Banana Peel
Bananas have multiple health benefits and are commonly available fruit. They possess a wide variety of vitamins and minerals like vitamins B6, A and C, Manganese, Potassium, dietary fiber, protein, iron, magnesium etc. What many people don't know is the banana peel which is usually thrown away, has multiple health benefits too. It's interesting to know what they are:
1. Whitens Teeth - If you rub banana peel for a minute, every day, for a week on your teeth, you will have naturally white teeth without having to visit the dentist.
2. Removes Warts - The cheapest and simplest method to remove warts and stop them from reoccurring is rubbing the peel of a banana on the affected area, or sticking it there overnight.
3. Treats Acne - Getting rid of pimples is as easy as massaging banana peels on the face and body for five minutes a day until acne disappears.
4. Rids of wrinkles - Mash banana peel and add an egg yolk to it. This mixture works as a great anti-wrinkle face pack. Apply it on your face and wash it off after five minutes. Banana peels are known to keep the skin hydrated.
5. Gives pain relief - This might come as a surprise but the banana peel is known to provide relief from pain. Just place the peel directly on the part that is paining and you'll get relief in about half an hour. You can also make a mixture of banana peel and vegetable oil to apply on the pain affected area.
6. Heals psoriasis - Applying the peel on the psoriasis affected area moisturizes the place and reduces itchiness.
7. Relieves of bug bites - It is advised to massage banana peel on mosquito bites to get immediate relief from pain and itching.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 15 Reasons Why Banana is Healthier Than Apple?