Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushil KhuranaYour feedback matters!
Last year during play cricket my right leg knee turned with in one hour swelling in my leg many physician say your ligament broken it is not good in whole life some time. They advise me wear some time knee cap. Do some exercise. I have pain in their during long walk and exercise. What can I do.
I got scars on my face. Scars are gone. BT the marks are their on my face. My skin is oily. Wt can I do to remove my marks from my face.
Hello doctor, I got some bubbles around my penis, before 3 years it was less I been not absorbed for these period, not its got all over the penis head really I am scared, please help me by medicine.
How do I get rid of dark spots on skin? Also, please give me some tips regarding how to lower triglyceride levels.
I am suffering from hyper pigmentation on my face and neck I have been using la shield spf 40 for the past one year I think its making me darker kindly suggest a good spf my skin is very oily I stay in Jaipur which place ud very sunny.
Have you ever used a new type of skincare product, detergent or come in contact with something, only to have your skin become red and irritated? If your answer is yes, then you have experienced contact dermatitis.
In simple terms, it is a rash caused by allergic reactions or due to skin damage when you come in contact with something. Most of the contact dermatitis is not that severe and can be easily treated.
Causes of Contact Dermatitis
1. Allergic Contact Dermatitis – Your immune system is involved if it is an allergy. After you touch something, your body thinks it's under attack and produces antibodies that release chemicals. This results in itchy rash or inflamed skin. Causes of allergic contact dermatitis:
- Poison Ivy
- Hair Dyes
- Nickel commonly found in jewelry or belt buckles
- Latex rubber
- Citrus fruit
- Perfumes or chemicals in cosmetic or skincare products
- Medications you apply on your skin
2. Irritant Contact Dermatitis - The most common type, that occurs when the skin comes in contact with a toxic substance. This does not involve your immune system or allergies. Instead, you touched something that puts off the surface oils protecting your skin and as a result experience a reaction. Causes of Irritant Contact Dermatitis:
- Pepper Spray
- Battery acid
- Drain Cleaners
Symptoms of Contact Dermatitis
When something is irritating and damaging your skin, you will see a symptom right away. However, with an allergy, it can take one to two days before you see a rash. Symptoms of contact allergy are usually seen in the area where you touched something toxic. These symptoms can often be more painful than itchy.
- Skin redness
- Extreme itching
- Swelling in the eyes, face or groin
- Burning skin
- Dry, cracky or scaly skin
- Sun sensitivity
Treating a Rash at Home
If you know the source of your rash, don’t touch it again. Wash your skin with soap and lukewarm water right away, if possible and you will red rid of any reactions that may occur. Here are some tips you can try at home:
- Don’t scratch your skin
- Apply petroleum jelly to soothe the area
- Try anti-itch creams like hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion
- For blisters, apply a cold moist compress
- Use moisturizers to restore the protective layer of the skin
- If needed take anti-histamine drugs to help relieve itching
When to See Your Doctor
If the rash does not subside within a couple of days and if it is close to the eyes or mouth or covers a large area of your body, it is best to seek immediate medical attention. Your doctor will prescribe drugs, ointment or other medications to help treat it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I want to develop my skin complexion from brown to white. Is there any tablets ti. Change my skin complexion, not only in my face but in my hands and body too.
My face has some pimples and marks black and not smooth and not white. Whay do I apply for my face so it glows, reduces pimples and make face smooth and white in color.
My skin is excess white. But it is too oily and lots of pimples abd acne on it. redness and blackness around mouth. Blackheads. Dark circle. What to do.
I have blemishes on my face I have used so many allopathic medicine and ointments but no permanent benefit kindly advise.
I have lots of dark spot on my face and small pores on face. I have done lots of treatment but effect never seen. Because of pimple spot my face looking tann pls suggest proper medicine to remove all dark spot.
I have red rashes on tip and for skin of my pennis which is paining also. At present I am using Quadricchoice cream which has clotrimazole, neomycin sulphate and beclometasone. I have used it for 3 time but do not have any improvement. Kindly suggest.
I had pimples and oily face. Iam out of wits with this pimples. Now the pimples are less. But marks tends to be more. Please help me to remove away the marks asap and get a fresh pimple free soft and handsome face.
If people were asked, as to what would be the one important cosmetic without which they would not step out, it has to be the lip balm. From a time when it was mainly used during winters to avoid chapped lips to the present days when it has become an essential cosmetic product irrespective of the weather or the season, it has come a long way.
While there are still the plain ones which have petroleum jelly and help in keeping the lips moist, there are also the new flavoured and coloured options. They have also found their way into the cash counters where these attractive picks make most people impulse buyers. There are also specialised lip balms aimed at men, which are customised keeping in mind the slightly rough skin.
The lip balm has many ingredients, but the main component is waxy and could be beeswax, carnauba wax, paraffin, lanolin, or camphor. There are many organic products available which contain essential oils, shea butter, silk protein, nut oils like almond oil and cocoa butter. The main purpose is to create a protective layer on the surface of the lips to protect it from cold, dry air, and reduce damage from sun exposure. It also seals the moisture that is inherently present in the lips, thereby preventing chapping and cracking of the lips. Some cheaper products could contain hemp oils, petroleum and mineral oils.
When picking a lip balm, consider the following:
- Purpose: Do you want something protective or do you want something attractive? The answer to this question will decide the product you pick. If protection is the main reason, then something plain will do. If you want colours and flavours, the pick would be different. There are specialised products for men, so go indulge.
- Exposure to the sun: There are some lip balms which offer protection with a good SPF, so if you are likely to be out in the sun for long period, use this.
- Medicated: Some lip balms also contain medicinal effects against cold sores, so if you have a cold sore, use this.
- Do no harm: There could be lip balms which contain synthetic substances like phenol, menthol, salicylic acid, and alum. These have a tendency to dry the lips, and so not advisable in the long run.
- Container: While lip balm sticks are very popular, they are best for single person use, to avoid contamination.
Whatever the product you apply, it inevitably enters your system and so it is important to take a good product. Choose plant-based essences which are not just healthy but also provide a good, protective effect for the lips. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.