Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surabhi K. Aryan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Surabhi K. AryanYour feedback matters!
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not an inborn trouble, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the commonest symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and producing language easily and take a long time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying but cannot communicate or speak well themselves Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignoring you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Suvarna prashan sanskar is one of the 16 essential rituals described in ayurveda for children.
It is one of the most important ayurvedic oral vaccination which should be compulsorily administered to every child.
This vaccination is the most superior one when compared to the modern vaccinations like bcg; polio drops; hepatitis; etc. As they have many other side-effects too.
What is suvarna prashan?
The process in which suvarna bhasma (purified ash of gold) is administered with fortified ghee prepared with herbal extracts, and honey in liquid or semisolid form.
Whom to administer?
Suvarna prashan can be given to age group of 0-16 years.
What is the time of administration?
Suvarna prashan can be done daily early in the morning, or at least on every pushya nakshatra- an auspicious day- which happens to come after every 27 days, given on this day it bestows excellent benefits.
What are the benefits of suvarna prashan?
• suvarna prashan increases immunity power and develops resistance against common infections, thus prevents children from falling ill very oftentimes.
• it builds physical strength in children and enhances physical activities and also improves stamina for the same.
• regular doses of suvarna prashan improves child’s intellect, grasping power, sharpness, analysis power, memory recalling in an unique manner.
• it kindles digestive fire, improves digestion and decreases related complaints.
• suvarna prashan also improves child’s appetite.
• it helps to nurture early physical and mental development.
• it develops an inbuilt strong defense mechanism in kids which acts as a safety shield against diseases and complaints occurring due to seasonal change and other prevailing infections.
• it helps body to recover early in case of any illness.
• it guards children from various allergies.
• it protects children from ailments occurring during teething phase.
Overall it makes child healthier.
Benefits of suvarna prashan at vishwacare:
• prepared using completely natural and organic products which are 100% original
• freshly made on every pushya nakshatra
• prepared by the doctor herself
• suvarna prashan drops and leham, both are given
• suvarna prashan daily drops are also available
• substantial beneficial results are achieved
Children taking suvarna prashan doses regularly can be easily distinguished from their remarkably outstanding physical and mental ability.
This suvarna prashan thus helps in the overall development of the child in a more safer way by providing side benefits without any side effects.
Upcoming dates of suvarna prashan in 2017:
8th march (wed) 05: 46 pm - 9th march (thurs) 05: 12 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 05: 12 pm on 9th march)
4th april (tue) 11: 12 pm - 5th april (wed) 10: 52 pm
2nd may (tue) 5: 16 am - 3rd may (wed) 4: 33 am
29th may (mon) 1: 25 pm - 30th may (tue) 11: 57 am
25th june (sun) 11: 25 pm - 26th june (mon) 9: 22 pm
23rd july (sun) 09: 53 am - 24th july (mon) 7: 43 am
19th aug (sat) 7: 09 pm - 20th aug (sun) 5: 22 pm
16th sept (sat) 2: 16 am - 17th sept (sun) 1: 05 am
13th oct (fri) 7: 46 am - 14th oct (sat) 6: 54 am
9th nov (thurs) 1: 39 pm - 10th dec (fri) 12: 25 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from 1: 39 pm on 9th nov to before sunrise on 10th nov)
6h dec (wed) 9: 57 pm - 7th dec (thurs) 7: 54 pm
(guru pushya amrut yog from sunrise to 7: 54 pm on 7th dec)
(P.S.: Guru pushya amrut yog is the best time to give suvarna prashan)
For my 2 months shall I put pentaxim (painless) injection? Which is banned? Is it recommended? Please suggest.
My baby girl is one month old. She is on formula milk. Her stools are green in colour. She is on lactogen1. Is it normal.
Tonsillitis is an affliction that plagues a fair share of people. Located at the back of your throat, tonsils are essentially two small glands, which contain white blood cells to defend your body against infection. However, on account of germ attacks, sometimes the tonsils get infected and this results in the swelling of the tonsil glands, which in turn causes sore throat and aligned maladies.
Tonsillitis may be cured through surgical procedures. However, an isolated case of the inflammation of the tonsils need not warrant a surgery. Tonsillectomy or the surgical method of curing tonsillitis is only recommended for extreme cases of tonsillitis. Only the frequent sufferers of tonsillitis take recourse to tonsillectomy for a durable and effective solution. Surgeries are only done on those who have had at least seven bouts of strep throats within a span of a year.
Tonsillectomies essentially involve surgical removal of the tonsils either using a scalpel or burning the tissues in the tonsils with the use of ultrasound vibrations. Usually performed under anesthesia, it is a fairly painless and a non-hazardous procedure. Tonsillectomies generally last for about an hour. However, the recovery period sometimes entail a few physical discomforts. Sore throat, difficulty in swallowing, pain in the jaws and ears are common symptoms of post tonsillectomy conditions. While there are palliative medicines available in the markets, adequate rest and proper diet speeds up the recovery.
Tonsillectomy generally leaves no side effects and the success rate of this surgery is quite heartening. Tonsillectomy has also known to cure several other associated health problems in the likes of breathing troubles, sleep apnea, bleeding of the tonsil glands or cancerous developments in the tonsil glands. That aside, tonsillectomy is only performed on acute cases of tonsillitis and often regarded as the lender of last resort when medicines stop according any relief to the patient.
My baby is 3 and half month old. He is crying very often for last two days. Is decolic drop is safe for use?
Most children stop sucking on thumbs, pacifiers or other objects on their own between 2 and 4 years of age. No harm is done to their teeth or jaws until permanent teeth start to erupt. The only time it might cause concern is if it goes on beyond 6 to 8 years of age. At this time, it may affect the shape of the oral cavity or dentition.
Thumbsucking leads to Open bite, a high arched palate because of the pressure created in the mouth . This habit can also cause the maxillary central incisors to tip labially and the mandibilar incisors to tip lingually as the thumb rests on them during the course of sucking. Aside from the damaging physical aspects of thumb sucking, there are also additional risks, which unfortunately, are present at all ages. These include increased risk of infection from communicable diseases, due to the simple fact that non-sterile thumbs are covered with infectious agents, as well as many social implications. Some children experience social difficulties, as often children are taunted by their peers for engaging in what they can consider to be an “immature” habit. This taunting often results the child being rejected by the group or being subjected to ridicule by their peers, which can cause understandable psychological stress.
To prevent their children from sucking their thumbs some parents use bitterants or piquant substances on their child's hands.Parents could get a series of sharp prongs known as "hay-rakes" cemented to a child's teeth to discourage sucking
Praise children for not sucking, instead of scolding them when they do.
If a child is sucking its thumb when feeling insecure or needing comfort, focus instead on correcting the cause of the anxiety and provide comfort to your child.
If a child is sucking on its thumb because of boredom, try getting the child's attention with a fun activity.
Involve older children in the selection of a means to cease thumb sucking.
The pediatric dentist can offer encouragement to a child and explain what could happen to its teeth if it does not stop sucking.
Only if these tips are ineffective, remind the child of its habit by bandaging the thumb or putting a sock/glove on the hand at night.