Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit AroraYour feedback matters!
T6 is extracted and now confused whether to go for bridge or denture. If bridge is selected then rct at 5 and 7 will be required I am thinking of denture what is your opinion thanks.
Sir, I am 25 years old male. I have toothache since last 6 months. Now I found a cavity in the corner tooth. And it may gives a bad smell to mouth. Sir, if there is any easy solution available, then pls tell me. Regards,
My tooth has been bleeding every time I brush my teeth and spitting what could be the reason please help me out.
I recently done componeer in my front three teeth only little is removed but he drilled 3 times to place it what happen if I get removed componeer does my teeth will be just like that as it was before or something different what mm does my teeth is reduced during the process as he drilled repeatedly.
मैं 38 साल का शुगर का पेसेंट हु 2 साल से मेरा मुँह(mouth)धीरे धीरे बंद होरहा है मैंने डॉक्टर के सल्ल्हा से मुँह के अंदर लगाने वाली INJ .Tricort -10 mg+INJ. Hynidase लगारहा हु जो की सप्ताह में 1/1 करके 6 सप्तहा तक लगाने है अभीतक 3 इंजेक्शन लगा लिया हु पर कोई इम्प्रूव नहीं है क्या करू?ये problem शुगर से होता है या तम्बाकू गुटका से?
My teeth are continuously becoming yellowish in color as water of my living area contains more than enough fluoride wht to do.
Sir/Madam, My mother has parkinson disease. Her problem from 3-4 years. She did not move her neck and she did not talk her tongue, she did not stand up her leg because she fell weakness very much. So please solve this problem whose is parkinson disease and give me some suggestion to save this disease. Sir, my contact no. Is 09411801689 and my e-mail id. Is mukeshyadav571@gmail. ComMukesh Kumar YadavAligarhUttar-PradeshIndia. 09411801689Sir/Madam, My mother has parkinson disease. Her problem from 3-4 years. She did not move her neck and she did not talk her tongue, she did not stand up her leg because she fell weakness very much. So please solve this problem whose is parkinson disease and give me some suggestion to save this disease. Sir, my contact no. Is 09411801689 and my e-mail id. Is mukeshyadav571@gmail. ComMukesh Kumar YadavAligarhUttar-PradeshIndia. 09411801689.
I have problem of bleeding in my teeth I consulted a doctor he said do scaling but after scaling, i am facing same problem please help me.
I spit a lot when I smoke is that a problem? if yes, what can it be? I am a 22 male smoking for 4 years now.
Sir, I am feeling pain in right upper third molar due to a hole. Please suggest some medicine to reduce pain.
Hello, I am suffering from problem of mouth ulcer and its very serious so please suggest how I overcome please help me thank you.
Mere mom k teeth's danto me dard hokar peep araha hai ye kis wajase horaha hai ky ye koi khatrnak bimari hai.
A beautiful smile plays a very vital role in enhancing the overall beauty of face. Rotated, stained and maL-placed tooth can cause major aesthetic/cosmetic and psychological problems in teenage and young adults. Mid-line teeth gap, rotated teeth, crowded teeth, stained teeth, broken tooth edges and wearing tooth edges are the most common cosmetic problems that our patients report to us. Dynamic advancements in the field of dentistry has come across with the solution of majority of cosmetic problems.
Here we discuss the various options available for improving smile:
1. Veneers: They are thin pieces of porcelain or plastic glued to the front of your teeth. For teeth that are severely discoloured, chipped or misshapen and gaps between the teeth, veneers create a durable and pleasing smile. A veneer is made to match the colour and shape of your tooth. Not everyone is a candidate for professional teeth whitening. Bleaching is not recommended if you have tooth colored fillings, crowns, caps or bonding in your front teeth. There are two types of veneers:
a. Porcelain (indirect) veneers, which must first be created to fit your teeth in a dental laboratory and require two visits to the dentist. Porcelain veneers are generally stronger, while composite veneers are less expensive. With porcelain veneers, the dentist takes an impression of the tooth and sends it to the dental lab for fabrication of the veneer, usually after the front of the tooth has been reduced.
b. Composite (direct) veneers, which are bonded to your tooth enamel in a single visit. With either method, the tooth is prepared for bonding by roughening the front surface with mild etching solution. The veneer can then be bonded to your tooth using a dental bonding cement.
2. Bonding: It uses composite resin to restore chipped or broken teeth, fill in gaps and reshape or recolor your smile. After applying a very mild etching solution that slightly roughens the surface of your teeth and permits the bonding material to adhere, your dentist applies the resin and sculpts, colours and shapes it to provide a pleasing result. A high-intensity light hardens the material, which is then finely polished. Bonding agents are used in treatment of midline gap closures, fractured tooth restoration, wearing teeth edges.
3. Whitening: Some people are born with teeth that are more yellow than others. Others have teeth that yellow with age. Your natural tooth colour can also be affected by many factors. Surface stains (called extrinsic stains by dentists) and discolouration can be caused by:
a. Tobacco (whether smoked or chewed)
b. Drinking tea, coffee, or red wine
c. Eating highly pigmented foods such as cherries and blueberries
d. Accumulation of tartar deposits, which result from plaque that has hardened
e. Treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline during the time when teeth are forming
f. Yellowing or greying of the teeth as part of the aging process
g. Trauma to the teeth that may result in the death of the tooth's nerve, giving the tooth a brown, grey or black colour.
Whitening/Bleaching is a simple procedure where whitening agents are applied over the tooth surface in order to chemically change the colour of tooth. It can either be a single visit clinical procedure or multiple application home procedure under the guidance of your dentist.
Will my newly whitened teeth stain?
Any tooth can stain, including the veneers and bonds mentioned above. To help prevent stains from coming back, avoid smoking, coffee, tea, red wine and heavily coloured foods. And brush your teeth twice a day with a whitening toothpaste. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.