Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sumant KhannaYour feedback matters!
Just one word! It's awesome.
In bipolar or depression always low mood if try to buit up confidence always loose. My reason is less income tried n trying to help my self but no use taken antidepressant always feel dizziness. tried many antidepressant threw Dr. no use. Loss sex. No mood. Feeling more deprpsed how to relax my self. After doing meditation little/no relax again mind n self feel low. Now pls let me know how to be relax n enjoy life. Future is disturbing n effecting present pls help as I hv my small little family. Rgds.
Hi I am 32 years old) working in USA for cruise lines. I worked for 8 to 9 months & got 2 to 3 months vacation. Me n my wife (31 years old) almost completed 10 years married life. We have a baby boy (2 years old). My wife n my baby stay in India. Me almost worked there more than 4 years. Without me my wife suffered lots of mental stress from my mom & my in laws. We already visited with psychiatrist n my wife is in medication. I know that medicines are not good for health. From past 2 years our marital problems started. We tried to make our relations in positive way. But we vein. Now she demand for separation. She want to live alone. She is mentally very disturbed to carry all duties likes look after of our son, daily basis market etc. I know that this all has to be done by both. But now I am helpless. Because of my job. But I can't believe to destroy a nice relation. We did love marriage. We know each other from 1999. We made relation from 2001. So I don't want to lose her in any cost. She supported me each of my when I was nothing. Now I have everything but really miss my wife. So I want to marriage counsellor to protect my love life. please help me. please I don't want to loose her.
I have body pain always and my knees pain a lot, especially when I climb stairs. I am overweight. exercise worsens my pain so I have taken a break from my gym for a while Really don't know what to do. Could you please help.
Hello I studied 10 hours in a day will yoga help me in keeping away from stress and increase memorise power I do not know about it.
I have alot anxiety, I feel nervous all day, its been months since I go out, I have agoraphobia (I think so, I feel too much tired all day, my legs hurt ,sometimes my stomach aches! What to do?
I am 42 years old women. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2002 and on medication. From then I am complaining of imbalance, lack of focus, depression and all. I thought that some serious health condition. Gone to many doctors. No one could able to recognize anything except Thyroid. Now I am convinced that it is more psychological than physical. But knowing that it is psychological aggravated the problem. Too much of thoughts of depression, anxiety psychological disorder gives me fear and anxiety.
We generally use the word 'stress' when we feel that everything becomes too much to handle - we are overloaded and wonder whether we can cope with the pressures placed upon us. Nowadays stress is a normal part of life. Almost everyone has some sort of stress. Constantly reacting to stressful situations without making adjustments to counter the effects, threatens our health and well-being.
There are steps you can help you managing day to day stressful conditions and take to feel better.
- Be realistic: If you feel overwhelmed by some activities (yours and/or your family's), learn to say NO! Eliminate an activity that is not absolutely necessary. You may be taking on more responsibility than you can or should handle. If you meet resistance, give reasons why you're making the changes. Be willing to listen to other's suggestions and be ready to compromise.
- Shed the 'superman/superwoman' urge: No one is perfect, so don't expect perfection from yourself or others. Ask yourself, 'What really needs to be done?' How much can I do? Is the deadline realistic? What adjustments can I make?' Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.
- Take one thing at a time: For people under tension or stress, their day-to-day workload can sometimes seem unbearable. The best way to cope with this feeling of being overwhelmed is to take one task at a time. Make a list of things you need to get done and start with one task. Once you accomplish that task, choose the next one. The positive feeling of 'checking off' tasks is very satisfying. It will motivate you to keep going.
- Share your feelings: A conversation with a friend lets you know that you are not the only one having a bad day. Stay in touch with friends and family. Ask them how they have dealt with a similar situation that may be 'stressing you out.' Let them provide love, support and guidance. Don't try to cope alone.
- Be flexible: If you find you're meeting constant opposition in either your personal or professional life, rethink your position or strategy. Arguing only intensifies stressful feelings. Make allowances for other's opinions and be prepared to compromise. If you are willing to be accommodating, others may meet you halfway. Not only will you reduce your stress, you may find better solutions to your problems. Go easy with criticism. You may expect too much of yourself and others. Try not to feel frustrated, disappointed or even 'trapped' when another person criticises you.
- Hobbies: Take a break from your worries by doing something you enjoy. Whether it's gardening or painting, schedule time to indulge your interest. Exercise: Regular exercise is a popular way to relieve stress. Twenty to thirty minutes of physical activity benefits both the body and the mind. Meditate: Just ten to twenty minutes of quiet reflection may bring relief from chronic stress as well as increase your tolerance to it.
- Take Herbal Supplement: Herbs like Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Mandukparni, Shankhpuspi, Kaunch are very helpful in managing stress. These herbs work on the brain and help relax you which ultimately empowers you to manage your stressful conditions easily. There are many herbal supplements available in the market that can help you.
- Consult the Doctor: If your stress level doesn't seem to improve with above tips, it may require more attention and consultation with an Expert.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.