Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudipto Pakrasi
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sudipto PakrasiYour feedback matters!
I want to know that , is the eye power will reduce after the uses CRT corneal refractive therapy for 1 year. Or the eye will get its original shape after 1 year. Then what is the benefit? My eye power is -1.75D .I wear glasses since 4 year. When I remove glasses .I feel can't see distance object as previously I saw . Is it for wearing glasses? I am tensed , want to cure my eye with out any surgery.
We are trying to make operation for eyes by using laser operation to my father can you please suggest after operation how many days he has to take rest nd how much cost for the operation nd is it good Is any other side effects Will appear to him.
For the past two weeks I had constant headache and day before yesterday I got checked in a eye care hospital. The results were my right eye is having distanced power -0.75 and my left eye is also having distanced power -0.50. The doctor has asked me wear spectacles, but I'm afraid whether my power will get increased if I use specs and please give a alternative solution to get rid of this problem permanently.
I can't sleep at night though I tried to sleep and now my eyes turn into red and started paining too. Can you please suggest me some medicines for my eyes and about my sleep problem. Thank you.
I am suffering from high fever (2.4 degree as of now) with body ache and discomfort. Constant headaches and eye pain, back pain and abdomen pain when sneezing.
I am 30 year old, I am software developer generally sit around 10 hours in office every day. My eye paining in night every day after computer work. What should I do?
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.