Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudha Rani Bairaju
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha Rani BairajuYour feedback matters!
When it comes to the brain and IQ, is bigger better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connection in a normal manner. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD show sign of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It’s all relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person’s cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons, which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal brain: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brain of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided!
Usually my periods lasts five days but this month I was bleeding for more than 5 days and I visited doctor on 10th day. Doctor gave me tablet called ETOSYS and asked me to take that for 4 days in the morning n evening and get back of the flow didn't stop. As it didn't stop I went back and had a pelvic scan and was diagnosed with PCOD. Doctor gave me a tablet called DEVIRY 10 mg and she told me to take that for `15 days only in the night it's already been 6 days since I started taking deviry I am still bleeding and bleeding heavily. She told me to take the tablets even if the bleeding stops n stop taking after 15 days n I should again get my periods after 2nd day of stopping the in take of deviry. My question is that, why m I still bleeding even after taking deviry for 6 days already. My total period days counts to 20 days considering today. Kindly let me know if deviry can stop the bleeding or will I be bleeding for all 15 days. Or should I even take ETOSYS.
I had my last periods on 19th Frab I had sex with my boyfriend on 9th March, he was wearing condoms, but at some point of time I noticed it had already come out, I had ipill just within 3 hours, but I vomited. After that I again had ipill after 11 hours. Today is 14th March, I did not get withdrawal bleeding. Kindly let me know if I am pregnant. I am so worried.
I married before 4 yes ago, I have one baby 3 years .now I planned to have another baby, while doing sex I sucked her vagina, is it okay or I should avoid this? . Pls reply.
I am 22, female. My height is 5'4 and I have gained 3 kg over a period of 20 days. My weight is 58.5 kg. I have PCOS and I have recently bought focus Ves for weight loss as prescribed by a family doctor. I want to know the best way to use it to gain maximum benefits. Thanks in advance.
My age is20. I have sex and have pregnant for 1 month. First I am not married. I want to remove my pregnant. Please help and tell me by any tablets or capsule.
Hi, in my breast I have small gland fro past since 7years that becomes sometimes pain. 2years before I got married and I have one baby is any problem about that it vl causes cancer. I already consult a doctor before marriage she prefer mammography ultrasound scan but she did not give any clarity about that. Am very scaring about that.
Pregnancy can wreak havoc in your body; be it your hormones overflowing or the constant crying of your newborn that makes you agitated after a point of time. Your baby will probably be your top priority in times like these but maybe, you can put yourself on the list as well once in a while because carrying a human inside isn’t a very easy task.
On the off chance that you suffered a vaginal tear or an episiotomy while delivering, the injury may sting for a couple of weeks. Broad tears may take more time to heal. Meanwhile, you can promote healing by:
- In case of sitting becoming uncomfortable, try sitting on a cushion or cushioned ring.
- Utilize a squeezer-bottle in order to pour lukewarm water over the vulva while you're urinating. Press a cleansed washcloth immovably against the injury when you hunker down for passing stool.
- Cool the injury using an ice compress, or place a cool witch hazel cushion between the wound and a clean sanitary napkin.
- Take stool softeners or analgesics as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- For treatment of episiotomy wound in 1st week - betadine wash should be used 3-4 times a day.
While you're recovering, anticipate that the uneasiness will gradually reduce. Contact your doctor if the pain increases; the injury gets swollen, hot and excruciating; or if you notice a discharge with pus.
Vaginal discharge (lochia) might be a problem for several weeks post-delivery. Expect a red, overwhelming stream of blood for the initial few days. The release will continuously decrease, getting to be watery and changing from pink or chestnut to yellow and finally white. Contact your doctor if:
- You have substantial vaginal drying
- The discharge has a foul scent
- You have a temperature of 100.4 F (38 C) or more
You may feel contractions for the initial few days post-delivery. These constrictions, which frequently seem like menstrual cramps help in preventing excess bleeding by compressing the vessels. These contractions have a tendency to get more intense with subsequent deliveries. Your healthcare supplier may suggest an OTC pain reliever as well. Contact a healthcare personnel in the event of fever or if the stomach area is tender to your touch. These symptoms and side effects could show a uterine disease.