Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonu Balhara AhlawatYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and I have severe stomach pain and vomiting during menses, what should I have to do to get rid of it.
What is menopause?
Menopause is that phase in the life of a woman when she can no longer reproduce. It involves the loss of fertility and the cessation of the menstrual cycle. The woman will stop bleeding every month and the ovaries stop producing eggs that can be fertilized. Menopause normally sets on after the age of 40 and bleeding may permanently stop by the age of 50.
Post menopausal bleeding
You are known to reach menopause when you have not been bleeding for 1 entire year. Even a small amount of spotting should not have taken place. Post-menopausal bleeding is when bleeding occurs after a year of attaining menopause. It can be a serious health disorder and requires medical attention without any further delay.
Reasons behind post menopausal bleeding
- Polyps that are mostly non-cancerous, unwanted growths on the cervical canal, uterus or ovaries are known to cause post-menopausal bleeding.
- Thinning of the endometrium that lines the uterus can cause unexpected bleeding. It can be due to the rapidly receding levels of estrogen in the blood. It is also known as endometrial atrophy.
- Endometrial hyperplasia is a condition that leads to the thickening of the inner lining of uterus (endometrium). It also leads to the growth of abnormal and malignant cells.
- Endometrial cancer
- Other health conditions such as reaction to hormone therapy, infections of the blood or reproductive organs, certain medications and blood-thinning drugs
- Cancer of the ovaries, uterus or cervix
How it can be treated?
- For diagnosis, you can undergo blood tests, ultrasounds, sonography and biopsy.
- Hysterectomy is done to remove the uterus and cervix can be conducted for a complete cure. It also removes the ovaries, fallopian tubes and other lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy and other radiation therapies may be done for those who are in an advanced stage of endometrial cancer.
- Medications such hormone regulators must be taken to prevent complications.
If someone's liver fails and somehow survive then can she give birth? Or her chances to die during that period is more?
Me jab bhi apne husband ke sath sex krti hu uske bad jab mere ander unka nikal jata h to or jab wo apna ling bahar nikal lete h to mere ander Jo white chod dete h vo bhi apne aap bahar aa jata h aise mujhe lgta h ki me pregnant kese ho paungi.
You go to the gym every day, lift heavy weights, but fail to notice gains. This means you have reached a plateau and your body has gotten used to the exercise you do.
Here are some tips to fire up your workout and make it more challenging:
- Circuit training: Circuit training is a type of workout that involves doing one exercise after another in a set time frame. There is no rest between the exercises and this increases the fat burning effect in the body. A typical workout consists of push ups, squats and sit ups.
- Diet: It is important that the food you are eating provides you with the necessary nutrients that allow your body to recover. Exercising takes a toll on your body; so eating a well balanced diet allows your body to recover from the stress of the workouts.
- Drink coffee: Drinking coffee before your workout increases your energy levels and enhances performance. It has also been reported that drinking coffee before a workout makes the workout more enjoyable.
- Exercise outside: Taking your workouts helps you in feeling more energetic and revitalized. It has also been reported that working out outdoors has a beneficial effect on your self-esteem. Exercising outdoors motivates you to work out regularly.
- Incorporate cardio: You should do cardiovascular exercises, which have a beneficial effect on fat burning. It improves blood circulation and raises your heart rate, thus strengthening your heart muscles. Incorporate high intensity interval training which has the maximum metabolic burn effect, which means you will keep the fat off your body.
- Add yoga: Add yoga to workouts as yoga contributes in making your body more flexible and supple. Yoga also calms the mind and improves your overall wellbeing. Start off with simple yogic poses such as the downward dog and the triangle pose.
- Switch it up: If you have been doing only strength training then switch to doing something new such as going for a jog or doing pilates. Switching from your regular routine helps in avoiding stagnation, thus increasing your gains.
Related Tip: "10 Benefits of Raw Green Papaya"
If the hymen is torn during the first intercourse then is there will be bleeding immediately or it can occur after two weeks? If any bleeding takes place after two weeks of having sex for the first time is there any chance of getting pregnancy? I'm confused I have my periods today before 14 days of my normal menstrual cycle. I have my last periods on 16th March and sex on 23rd March. He just rubbed it near my vagina and ejaculated some semen in the vagina. But I had no bleeding that time. I have washed off all the semen immediately. Today 2nd April I had my periods again. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
What's the real time when I clear I'm pregnant other not? I mean normally when I know real? After 5 days or a week after date?
Hello I am a 23 year old female. I had Unprotected sex in the month of November. I had pregnancy test (nearly 4 to 5 times) and it was negative. And I got my periods as usual for two months i. E, in Dec and in Jan. Since I dint get my periods in the month of Feb, I was worried and I took tabs. For getting periods and I got them. Now my question is. 1. Is there any chances of any getting pregnant? 2. In early stages of pregnancy and If unknowingly taking tablets for getting periods, is it safe? Will the pregnancy terminate or does it cause any problem to health?
What to do to Balance hormones of pcod problem and what diet or medical treatment is required for it?
Hi I'm 5 weeks pregnant Hai aur humko thyroid 2 years se hai. Dr. thyronorm 100 mcg Suggest kare .hum tablet breakfast se 30 mints before late the but now Dr. told me 2 hr before or atlest 1/2 before lo You please help me breakfast se kitne time before Lena ?¹¹
My wife 51 feeling pain during intercourse and not agree to do so. I am 61 and till in need of intercourse within 2 weeks. What is my remedy.
Hi doctor, I have sex with a woman few days back. I used condom while intercourses. So is there any chance of hiv or any std. How long I hv to wait to do the hiv test.
How can I prepare my lady sex partner, for doing sex? Are the previous activities like kissing, breast pressing sucking obvious? Can these previous activities make my sex partner like a whore?
Pets can be amazing companions and help you cope with your life problems. There can be times when you might feel low and lack motivation to do anything; a pet can change that scenario and bring about a positive change in your life. They keep you engaged and help you take your mind off from various problems in your professional and personal life.
Here are few reasons why having a pet can significantly improve your mental health:
- Petting lowers stress levels: Petting your furry friends is a major stress buster. It has been observed that petting a dog or a cat releases the hormone called oxytocin, which is associated with lowered anxiety and stress levels. When you connect with your pet and engage yourself in grooming and petting, it naturally reduces your blood pressure and lowers the level of cortisol, thereby, producing a calming effect.
- Pets reduce loneliness and isolation: Pets can constantly keep you company, if you don't like being lonely. Dogs and cats can make friends easily and due to their intuitive nature, they can sense it when you are feeling low. They refuse to leave you alone and provide your mental support. Pets also help you socialize especially if you take them out for a walk. They help you interact with other pets and their owners.
- Pets are great listeners and they keep you engaged: Pets can distract you from your problems and stressful situations, which plague your mind. You and your furry mate can spend a wonderful time playing games or by simply clicking pictures together. Pets are also good listeners and hence you can vent out your feeling without the fear of being judged. They help you heal and get over certain things which would otherwise be a lot more difficult to overcome.
- They love you unconditionally and keep you happy: Seeing your pet welcoming you after a hard day at work can instantly lift your mood and make you smile. They love you no matter what mistakes you made and keep you energized, positive and motivated. Caring for your pet and reciprocating their love can make you less self centered and more motivated towards your goals.
Related Tip: "Effects of Alcohol on Mental Health"