Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
What is the reason if periods are missed and pregnancy result is negative how much time it will take to get proper periods.
Healing benefits of saffron
The benefits and medicinal properties of this highly priced spice, make it a valuable culinary ingredient worldwide. Modern research suggests that saffron can be used as an aphrodisiac, diaphoretic [to cause sweating], carminative [ to prevent gas] and to bring on mensuration. Some other benefits are mentioned hereunder:
1. Protects against cancer: saffron contains a dark orange, water soluble carotene called crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron's golden color. Crocin has been found to trigger apoptosis [ programmed cell death] in a number of different types of human cancer cells, leukemia, ovarian carcinoma, colon adenocarcinoma, and soft tissue sarcoma. Researchers in mexico who have been studying saffron extract have discovered that saffron and its active components display an ability to inhibit human malignant cells. Not only does the spice inhibit cells that have become cancerous, but it has no such effect on normal cells and actually stimulates their formation and that of lymphocytes [immune cells that help destroy cancer cells].
2. Promotes learning and memory retention: recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, specifically its crocin, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment. In japan, saffron is encapsulated and used in the treatment of parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
3. In delayed puberty: in under developed girls, saffron has an overall stimulant effect. A pinch of saffron crushed in a table spoon of milk is useful to stimulate hormones and bring about desired effect.
4. To increase vitality: in low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk at bed time.
5. In patchy baldness: saffron mixed in liquorice and milk makes an effective topical application to induce hair growth in alopecia.
6. Protection against cold: saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
7. Food additives: saffron is an excellent replacement for synthetic food additives- for eg: instead of fd and c yellow no 5: a synthetic food coloring agent that is a very common allergy trigger, saffron’s glorious yellow could be an acceptable hypoallergenic choice.
With these benefits known to us, this culinary treasure has to be used and especially in the winter months. Here are some serving ideas:
1. For a wonderful marinade for fish, add saffron threads, garlic and thyme to vinegar.
2. Use saffron to give cakes, pastries and cookies a buttery golden hue and a rich aroma.
3. Cook biryanis with saffron combined with cloves, cinnamon, indian bay leaves and nutmeg for a memorable treat.
4. Crush a tiny piece of saffron into a glass of champagne or sparkling apple cider and turn the drink into a golden elixir.
5. Coffee spiced with saffron and cardamom is a soothing and heart healthy drink.
6. Add saffron and cinnamon to whole milk or yogurt and honey for a simple version of the famous indian yogurt drink, lassi.
Saffron as a spice, is generally regarded as safe, however it is not recommended during pregnancy and nursing. It also must also be pointed that large doses i. E. More than 1 or 2 table spoons can be toxic, although saffron poisoning is very rare.
Fast Food, by and large, is detrimental to the health. Multiple studies have shown this in the past decade. It aggravates many diseases and is responsible for medical conditions such as obesity, respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases and hypertension. Amidst multiple negative qualities, many fast foods are actually not that bad for the body. If taken in right proportions, some of the fast foods mentioned below can be extremely useful for the body.
- Popcorn: Apart from being one of the best accompaniments for movies, popcorns greatly helps in curbing hunger. Home-made popcorns have fewer calories and are a very good antioxidant. The good part about popcorn is the fact that it is not heavy as other fast foods and doesn’t make you feel lethargic. However, it should be ensured that more than one bowl of popcorn is not consumed at a time.
- Baked snacks: Baked snacks are a much-preferred choice in the snacks category these days. Owing to their low fat and carb content, they not only serve as tasty snacks but are good for the overall health as well. The fact that baked snacks are made up of whole wheat, makes it a more attractive offering. Baked snacks, when prepared with a dash of spice, can be a good alternative to other unhealthy snacks in the market.
- Processed Cheese: Processed cheese contains Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). The latter is found to have anti-carcinogenic properties. A recent study showed that the CLA found in processed cheese is much more than other dairy products. Processed cheese is also a good antioxidant. This being said, too much intake of processed cheese can be harmful to the body.
- Dark chocolate brownie: If dark chocolate is consumed with whole wheat brownie, it acts as a good ingredient for patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases. When consumed with a few nuts, dark chocolate brownie becomes a power house of fibre. People with a sweet tooth can find this preparation a good alternative for other fast food items such as chocolate, ice cream and pastries.
- Chocolate Bars: This is another treat for a person with a sweet tooth. Dark chocolate bars are rich in antioxidants. It brings down blood pressure level and is found to be effective for the heart. This should not be consumed more than 100 grams per day.
- Stout Beer: Dry stout beer with its rich creamy content is as good as a dose of aspirin. This form of liquor improves blood circulation level and reduces the risk of cardiac arrests. One pint of this beer every alternate day will serve the purpose of quenching your alcohol thrust while ensuring that no harm is caused to your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
The vagina is a home to number of different types of fungi that under normal conditions are harmless. However, if the immune system is weakened, the Candida fungus can multiply and lead to a yeast infection or vaginal thrush. This condition is marked by the inflammation of the vagina and vulva along with itchiness in the vagina, discharge and a burning sensation while urinating.
Vaginal Candidiasis can be very well controlled with Homeopathic remedies. The recurrence of Vaginal Candidiasis can also be prevented with suitable Homeopathic remedies. Homeopathic medicines, which are made from natural substances, help to extract the disease from its root by raising the body’s immunity. When the immune system gets strongly empowered with Homeopathic remedies, the flourishing of fungus in vagina gets halted. As the fungus growth gradually declines, the symptoms also disappear along with it.
Homeopathy is an excellent way of treating this infection. As it has negligible side effects it is safe to use for both children and adults. Homeopathic treatment of this condition also prevents it from recurring by extracting the root cause of the infection and boosting the body’s immunity. Some popular homeopathic remedies for Vaginal Candidiasis are:
Sepia and Calcarea Carb: These are often prescribed in cases where there is a white vaginal discharge. Sepia is prescribed in cases where women also complain of itchiness that is not resolved by scratching, soreness and swelling of the labia minora, vulva and vagina, heat in the genital area and excoriation of the vulva. In cases where the discharge worsens after passing urine or where the discharge is accompanied by burning and itchiness is the genitals, calcarea carb is prescribed. Here, a woman may find her symptoms worsening before and after periods and may notice swelling and redness of the vulva and vagina.
Pulsatilla: Vaginal candidiasis that is characterised by a creamy vaginal discharge can be treated with pulsatilla. The discharge is usually also accompanied by burning and itchiness in the genital area and experienced throughout the month. Some women also complain of a backache and may experience an absence of thirst along with the desire for cool air.
Thuja and Nitric Acid: This is used to treat cases of Vaginal Candidiasis accompanied by excessive soreness and ulcers in the vulva and vagina. Thuja is prescribed especially in cases where there is excessive discomfort in the form of burning sensations in the vulva and vagina. Nitric acid is helpful in cases where a stitching pain is prominent and there is a complain of irritation in the genital area. A white vaginal discharge may also leave behind a yellow stain in such cases.
Monilia Albicans: This is used when there is a presence of cracks or fissures in the vagina or vulva accompanied by itchiness. Some women may also notice the presence of vesicular eruptions that contain fluid on the vulva or vagina.
Helonias: This is used to treat cases marked by a curd-like the deposit in the vulva. The patient may also complain of inflammation and redness of the genital area along with sensations of heat and burning. A backache, weakness and prostration are other common symptoms that can be addressed by this homeopathic remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Influenza is more commonly known as the flu. It is an infection that affects the respiratory system and is caused by the influenza virus. This injection is recommended for kids who are under the age of 6 months. It ensures that the baby is safeguarded from the virus during an influenza outbreak. Since the nature of virus changes year on year, the immunity doesn’t last for more than 1 year. This vaccination is ideally taken during the month of October and November. The effect of the vaccination typically lasts for 6-8 months.
Ideally, kids who have never had a flu vaccination should take 2 vaccinations within 4 weeks. Kids who have received a shot of flu should undertake this vaccination once in a year. This arrangement is ideal up to 9 years of age. Flu shot is extremely important for a kid due to the following reasons:
- It saves a kid from chronic lung and heart disorders such as asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Kids suffering from immune deficiency, cancer, and HIV should take this vaccination to avoid further complication of the existing disease
- Kids suffering from diabetes, kidney diseases, and metabolic disorders should go for this vaccination without a second thought
- Kids suffering from a neurological disorder, haemoglobin deficiency, and anaemia should take this vaccination to refrain from the risk of aggravation of the present disease
- Pregnant women should ideally take it for the safeguarding the fetus
Flu shot should not be taken be taken if:
1. A baby is under the age of 6 months.
2. The baby has thimerosal allergy.
Is flu shot safe?
The flu shot is considered to be very safe. It does not result in flu. Few side effects include:
a. Soreness of the place where the needle is injected. This doesn’t last for more than a couple of day.
b. Body ache and mild fever for the first couple of days after the vaccination is done.
c. There is little to no pain in the place where the injection is injected by the doctor.
What is nasal flu vaccine?
This is an influenza dose that is not injected into the body, but given in the form of nasal spray. Healthy kids above the age of 2 years are fit to get this injection. For those kids who have a history of chronic illness should check with their doctor to go ahead with nasal spray. Each dose is given in each nostril. Like the influenza vaccine, nasal flu vaccine should be undertaken once for those who have already taken this dose once. Kids who have not undergone this vaccination are eligible for 2 dosages each 4 weeks apart from each other.
Planning to conceive this month. What are the immediate pre conception precautions that I should take care of?
I am 20th week pregnant. Now I have pain in my vagina from last 3-4 weeks. Specially when I am laying or sleeping on bed and changing my position. Now pain is increases. Kindly suggest me why it is happened.
Hi am 25 years old. I have a small baby 5 months old. After my cesarean delivery am facing a lot of back pain issues, severely bad. It's been 5 months for surgery now but still facing lower back pain. Any solution..
I had sex sex on 20th march, 3 4 days back of my cycle. Still now didn't get my period. Can I go for pregnancy test now? Will it give the correct result now 27th?
Living with a renal transplant constantly exposes you to the risk of organ rejection. Although it might sound scary, it usually happens because the medication needs to be tuned according to the requirements of your body. A change in medication usually solves the problem of a possible rejection, and a rejection becomes less likely if it doesn't happen within a year of the transplant. Some obvious signs of rejection are a pain on the region of transplant, fever, change in weight or low urine discharge.
The causes behind a renal rejection vary on the basis of the type of rejection that takes place. Here are three different types of renal rejection and their causes:
- Hyperacute Rejection - Hyperacute rejection occurs within 24 hours of the transplant. It can have an immediate effect and occurs as the existing antibodies act against the grafted material, causing irreversible destruction. The immune system may recognize it as a foreign body and destroy it. Hyperacute rejection is common for patients who have received multiple blood transfusions or have suffered from transplant rejection earlier. The tissue must be removed immediately before it becomes fatal for the recipient. This type of rejection can generally be avoided if the doctors type or match both the receiver and the organ donor. The organ is less likely to be rejected if there are similar antigens between donor and receiver.
- Acute Rejection - Acute rejection generally occurs after the first week of transplantation. Acute rejection is common in most recipients. Since a perfect match of antigens is rare to find, except in the case of identical twins, some amount acute rejection occurs in the case of all recipients. It can cause complications like bleeding and inflammation. The risk of acute rejection is highest in the first three months of the transplant.
- Chronic Rejection - Chronic rejection occurs months later after the transplantation. This happens over time when the immune system of the body reacts against the transplanted tissue and slowly damages the organ. In such a case, the kidneys can suffer from scarring or fibrosis and damaged blood vessels.