Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonia Naik
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia NaikYour feedback matters!
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
Hi Dr. I am 4 months pregnant and will be travelling to the US from Mid Aug to end of Aug. Incidentally, on 21st Aug, I will be taking a flight to Las Vegas from San Fransisco (9 am - 10 30 am) US time and on that day there is a solar eclipse during the same time in the USA Can you please suggest what precautions should I take during this travel and will there be any harmful effects. I have read up a bit on the same but still had my doubts hence best thought to take an opinion from you.
I am 21 less70kgs I had intercourse with my bf had Ipill later. I have not got my periods past 4 months I checked but I am not pregnant. Doctor prescribed me Provera. But it was of no use. How do I get my regularity back. Help me Thanks.
Hi Mujhe periods issues hai. Mujhe periods time per nhi aate nd mere personal part i am itching bhi hoti hai.
Hi, my wife (32 years 61 kg 5.2 feet height) has been facing a thyroid (hyp) problem, she is under medication (thyroxin 50 mcg daily), recent test report is tsh 0.33, t3 110, t4 50. She has pcod too. She is trying for conceive give suitable suggestion as well. Thanks.
I am 31 yr old lady (, software professional) with 4.5 yrs old baby. Normal delivery. After delivery, by 7th month, frequent urinary infection started. Uti is a frequent story and had lot of noflox 400 for this. Every time had this for 5 days 3 times. Next month again like that. After delivery I have started feeling week in regular intervals in a day. Took lot of tonics alopathy and homoeopathy under doctors supervision. Homoeo medicines have me solution for 6 months. Then that will not work then tonic chnaged at last using fourrts' protein powder. Now that too not useful by 2015 march. No abnormality in any check up. 70/110 bp and 84 fasting sugar and 86 after food sugar. 2 weeks before hypotyroid diagonised 5.54. Started 25 mg (on 1-may-2015) for 45 days. 92 tabs for 15 days). In the morning by 8 I am having giddiness everyday. Then whatever is there in my hand will fall down and I have to lay down in bed asap otherwise I will fell down. After laying down for 15-30 mins I will be ok. The same will occur again in 30 mins. Then I will be ok till 3pm. Again same thing will happen. In office I used to keep my head on my desk during this time. In the night also I have same issue by 8.30. I am taking food on time. Taking 3 ltrs of water everyday. Taking b-protein twice daily. Mainly veg diet following. I have 3mm stone in left kidney.(identified on last oct) and during periods I am getting fainted these days. So b long and rimroz for 10 days before periods and during periods I cannot leave with out meftal 500. (1500 on first day 1000 on next 3 days. Normal flow. On feb found out cervical erosion is there and had antibiotic treatment and cauterization.(on march end). Dovctor told now everything is normal. I still have abdominal pain so pres cribed urikind, cranpac and citralka for that. Please help me to identify what will be my real issue.
Hi Dr. I am girl and my problem to you is I get angry often with really disturbs my married life. I try to make myself calm but can't do. As I got married on 05/01/2015 and not able to conceive single time as our both the medical reports are normal still face difficulty to get conceive and I get headaches cold, sneezing very often all these has stated ruining my life now I am really worried as I have just started my new journey of life. please help me for my problem and medication too. Thanks.
Critical illnesses does not occur all of a sudden, and there are always a few signs that your body gives you, which indicate that all is not right with your system. These are the signs that we must watch out for and not ignore them. As ignoring them can sometimes turn fatal for your health. So what are these that you must be careful about?
- Sudden weight loss: Have you recently lost weight despite not intending for any? This calls for a visit to your doctor as unexplained weight loss can be your body's way of alerting you that you may have developed serious medical conditions such as diabetes or endocrine disorders. Unwanted and severe weight loss, in many cases, is also a common sign of cancer.
- Frequent headaches: If you suffer from headache frequently, that won't go away easily it might mean a burst blood vessel or an aneurysm in the brain, which requires immediate medical attention. Sometimes, such headaches can also be a sign of shingles or meningitis.
- Chest pain: Chest pain is probably one of the most prominent signs of trouble in the body that one should never delay in seeking medical attention for. Feelings of lingering tightness in the chest area or severe pain may indicate that either there's a presence of a blood clot or a heart disease.
- Pain in the abdomen: A pain centralizing the area around the belly button that is unexpected as well as quite sharp should not be ignored as a mild effect of overeating or gas. It can be a sign of something more serious such as an aortic aneurysm or the perforation of the intestine or stomach due to an ulcer, or intestinal ischemia. When the abdominal pain is accompanied by vomiting and nausea, it is likely to be a sign of gallstones.
- Constant fatigue: Do you often feel extremely exhausted and severely fatigued, even when you have not performed any hectic physical activities? Then, it may be a symptom of anemia or gastrointestinal cancer or depression. Some amount of tiredness is normal for everyone, but even after having a good sleep feeling severely drained out of all your energies is an alarming sign of the body.
Remember, the signs mentioned above are some of the ways of the body telling you that you should visit a doctor right away and there may be something serious going on inside. To stay healthy and fit, it is not only essential to lead a healthy lifestyle, but it is also crucial to make it a point to pay heed to the signs to avoid complications.