Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia FardanaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 47 years old but last 6 months I am suffering with dental infection the teeths are slightly moving. On the lunch time I got heavy pain please give me some treatment.
Always rinse your toothbrush thoroughly after brushing, and allow it to air-dry before using it again.
I am 18 years old and from past 2 years m facing the problem of mouth sores, they aren't regular but they occur very quickly. What can be the reason and what should I do now?
Recently my tooth filling has come off and it seems as though there was decay below the filling. This has caused a big hole in my premolar 4. Now I get immense shooting pain when I eat or have something cold. Please help. Will I need a root canal or will replacing the filling be adequate.
Having your dentist say to you that you need a root canal, can be a daunting affair. This means that the pulp or soft tissue inside a tooth has been damaged by bacterial infection. A root canal involves removing the damaged pulp, cleaning the infection and filling in the emptied space. Not every tooth infection requires a root canal and hence it is essential to know the indication of a root canal.
Here are a few situations when a root canal may be needed:
- Pain: Discomfort ranging from a dull ache to a sharp pain can be a sign that you need root canal treatment. This type of pain is usually characterized by throbbing and may change as you switch positions. It is usually triggered by chewing, applying pressure on the tooth or eating something cold or hot. In some cases, the patient may not be able to indicate the exact tooth that is hurting but can only identify the painful area.
- Gun tenderness: Swelling that indicates the need of root canal treatment can range from being slightly red and inflamed to pronounced lumps on the gums. In some extreme cases, this swelling may extend out of the gums into the face and neck region. Sometimes, a pus filled boil with a pimple like head may also form on the gums. If this head bursts, the patient may notice a foul taste in the mouth. This swelling can come and go as the tooth decay deteriorates and may or may not be accompanied by pain. Teeth may also feel like they have been pushed out of their sockets and are taller than usual.
- Tooth discolouration: Discolouring of teeth can be a sign of internal tooth damage. This is especially noted if the teeth take on a dark yellow, grey or blackish tint. Tooth discolouration is fairly common in cases where the tooth has undergone trauma such as an accident etc.
- Exposure of the dental nerves: At times during regular dental work, the nerves in the tooth may be exposed. This indicates an exposure of pulp tissue and can trigger pulp degeneration if left untreated.
However, all of the above symptoms can be symptoms of other types of dental problems as well and do not necessarily individually indicate the need for a root canal. Only a dentist can properly diagnose a need for root canal treatment after a physical examination and testing.
Hi, I am 26 years old. For past a week I have a white line on inner part of my chick. I mean when I open my mouth I notice this white line on side walls. I feel soreness in mouth whole day. I used to smoke which I quit for a week from now when I noticed this thinking of chances of oral cancer. I had a white path on my lip which disappeared after a week but the soreness and this white line on chick is not disappearing. What can be cause. Please guide. Should I see a dentist or a physician? please give any remedies if possible or I will visit a doctor this weekend.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.
Cosmetic dentistry can help you have a straight aligned teeth in only 2-3 dental visits. The entire process is nearly painless and can be done in single visit for some minor corrections.
Cosmetic correction can be done for-
2) deformed or discolored teeth
3) decayed or broken teeth.
I have pain in my last teeth in right upper jaw. It only pains when I drink water, coldrink or eat anything that is colder. It do not pain while sleeping or always. It only pains when I eat and drink cold stuffs.
My mom is not able to swallow food she has to drink water at every 3 bites of food and sometimes she feels pain in chest.
my son is 9 yrs old he has no cavities, bt he gt the teeth nt in proper order, do i nd to get the brasis for him. or it will b adjusted automatically, i m worried
How do you go about getting teeth whitening? What is teeth whitening? Who can perform teeth whitening? What happens during teeth whitening at the dentist? What about home kits and beauty salons for teeth whitening? What are the risks of home kits and salon teeth whitening? What questions should I ask the dentist before going ahead?
How can I clean my teeth. Its getting yellow please help me sir. And I have fitted a brackets in my mouth.
I am a teenager and have too many cavities. They just come up so easily. What to do. Please suggest a natural remedy or medication for this.
I had a root canal for my back teeth Now doctor asked me to put a cap on that teeth. Could you suggest me the best type of crown and how much will it cost. I thinking of going for full ceramic.
Brushing baking soda on your teeth twice a month can remove the stains of coffee or red wine and give you your pearly white teeth back.