Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal SinghalYour feedback matters!
Bleeding in early pregnancy or during the first trimester may or may not be a serious reason for concern, depending on the cause. But because bleeding can sometimes be a sign of something serious, it's important to know the possible causes, and get checked out by your doctor to make sure you and your baby are healthy. About 20% women have some bleeding during first 12 weeks. The possible reasons are implantation bleeding, miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, cervical changes and infection. So how do you deal with it? Here's a quick list.
- Hygiene: Ensure that hygiene is your first priority, especially during pregnancy.
- Light Bleeding: Light bleeding or spotting that is dull red or brown in colour is a normal occurrence for many pregnant women. This can point to the foetus getting lodged and pressing against your womb's lining, or even the cervical changes that you may be going through due to the implantation and impending trimesters and eventual delivery. The best thing to do in such cases is to not panic.
- Sex: Having sex or intercourse can also sometimes lead to mild spotting. Also, you should avoid using abrasive material and clothing during this time.
- Ultrasound: Go for an ultrasound and ensure that your pregnancy is normally placed and not ectopic. An ectopic pregnancy can lead to bleeding which can later become fatal. It may cause cramps in the lower abdomen region as well.
- Infection: Speak with your gynecologist and ensure that there is no risk of infection. Usually, many women suffer from infection (can be on cervix or vagina) during the early stages of pregnancy. This may give rise to spotting and mild bleeding. Take necessary actions and precautions to ensure that the infection does not get out of hand and is treated right away.
What is the actual process of taking this medicine (staring to end? Could we start this medicine during periods? And how long we should take this medicine of regularizing periods cycle? Is there any side effect of this medicine?
I Dr. 26.12. 15 I take my last abortion pill. Till nw I nt get my period or bleeding ita jst cum white n transparent discharge n in morning lilblood spot. Hw mush time it takes to cum bleeding please help.
I had been spotting for a week with some nlpod and brown dischrge. My periods were due on 14-15 ths mmth. I had blood tpday again. I did ultrasound last month.it was normaly are periods late?? Could i be pregnant? Why are the symptoms if i am 13 weeks pregnant?
My wife did not get her periods, she is already 15 days late, she had tried pregnancy test but it had negative results. I am not sure if we had unprotected sex, just because its late I m worried if she is pregnant. Why should it is late? Is this normal? Or sign of pregnancy? Suggest me any medicine for her to have her periods.
I AM 29 YRS female my last period 8 sept and I had a sex once so I missed my period so I had regestrone 5 mg for 3 days twice a daily.
I am 41 year old now how much gape should maintain in sex once a week or towice a month please tell me doctor.
Meri wife ko after delivery first time period aaya h (delivery date 5-6-2016 and period start on date 14 -7-2016). Mera qus ye h ki period jaldi to nai aa gaya h means normal time se pahle? Aur usko dard v ho raha h (Note - dard usko pahle v hota tha but doctor ne bola tha first delivery baad dard kam ho jata h). Jyada dard hone me kya koi painkiller kha sakti h ya isme koi dusri tablate khani chahiye. Please painkiller ka name v mention kijiye. Please iske bare me details me bataye. Thanks.
I am 50 years old lady with weight around 79 kg. Having irregular periods with heavy flow and severe stomach pain for past 4-5 years. 2015 and past ultrasound revealed a normal size uterus having one small fibroid. Undergone dnc and biopsy (which was negative) in 2013. Doctor advised to take trapic mf 3 times a day. Another private doctor advised me to undergo hysterectomy while government doctor advised me to go through this phase considering my age it may be sign of menopause. 1. Should I take medicine or go for operation? 2. If operation, will it be laparoscopy or major operation? I had 2 caesarean operations in 1987 and 1991. I was told that due to caesarean operations it may be not be possible to do laparoscopy as some organs may be joined with uterus over the years due to the internal stitches. Any clinical test that can reveal the above fact. 3. For how many days trapic mf can be taken. My last periods lasted for 20 to 25 days and therefore had to take it for all these days. Any side effect of taking trapic mf for long? 4. Also taking homeopathic medicine for the past 4-5 years was helping me to some extent. Recently medicine was changed which finally stopped the bleeding after 20 to 25 days but the side effect is that I am feeling very sleepy and lethargy.
Hi sir Maine apni wife kaa pregnancy test karaya tha Jo ki positive aaya hai last time unka miscarriage ho gaya tha 2 months par mai ab ye janana chahta hoo sir ki is baar aisa naa ho uske liye mujhe kya precautions lene padne aur kya kya sawdhani barte jisss ki bachhe ko koi prblm naa ho sir plzz aur help me.
After how many days of the start of periods can I hope to conceive? I got my menses on 3rd June. When are the chances of conceiving high if I have unprotected sex?
I'm 19 years old n my fiance is 24 years old we both intimate but when it come to my breast part its pain a lot while he sucking it and touching when he sucks it he bite my nipple also its feel like i'm feeding my baby so is there any side effect of this.
I have PCOS since 2008. I am 22 year old and 65 KG. I have been advised to reduce my weight to 50. Is it recommended to be healthy?
I am a 21 year old female. I am 5 feet and 11 inches tall and I weigh 94 kgs. Yes I am overweight. I did not have my regular periods since puberty. I tested and found that I have pcod. What do I do.
I'm on the contraceptive pills (unwanted 21). After how many days of taking the pills am I protected? What are the consequences of not taking the pills in the order?
1. The best way to cool water in summers:- Remember the old days when our grandparents used matkas to store water?
Science has proven that the best way to store water is in a clay water pot. Clay pots not only cool the water down, it also provide healing with the elements of earth.
2. Porous property in clay pots:- Clay is porous. A clay pot is also porous. When we store water in a clay pot, the evaporation happens. All of us read in science from 5 th standard that, what is evaporation. This process causes cooling as water particles gain energy in the form of heat, then change to gas and get mixed with air. A clay pot has small holes visible at the microscopic level through which water seeps out and gains energy to become gas and gets evaporated causing cooling. Heat and moisture circulate throughout the pot, which is not possible in metal or plastic crockery that we use today.
3. Pot water is alkaline in nature:- Another benefit of clay water pots is the alkaline nature of clay. The alkaline clay interacts with the acidity of water and provides the proper ph balance. This water can help to cure acidity and other stomach issues.
4. Boosts metabolism: Drinking the right amount of water everyday can help us boost metabolism. We usually store water in plastic containers, without realizing that there are harmful chemicals like bpa (bisphenol a) in plastic. So drinking water from a clay pot can help improve metabolism without dangerous chemicals and also increase testosterone in our body on the other hand plastic reduces the amount of testosterone in our body. Clay water tastes natural, pleasantly chilled and also helps improve metabolism and
5. Clay pot water good for throat: The water stored in an earthen pot is gentle on the throat. It is an ideal drink for people suffering from cough or cold. It prevents from sunstroke. People who are suffering with sinusitis, this water is medicine for them.
These are all the benefits of clay pot water. But it is very important to clean these regularly and replace water. You can also buy the ‘surahi’ or narrow-neck jug-shaped water pot and the ‘matka’ or traditional water pot.
Embryo freezing is a technique that is recommended when high-quality embryos remain after embryo transfer. These embryos remain frozen until the patient is ready to use them. If patients have completed their families, they have the option to donate these frozen embryos to research, another couple, or training; the embryos can also be discarded.
Laparoscopy is one of the most common procedures for diagnosing and removing endometriosis. Instead of giving a big incision, this procedure of surgery uses lightweight instrument through a small hole or incision. There could be one or more incisions based on the number of instruments that require access inside the body. This procedure involves the use of a camera to ascertain endometriosis as well as treat it in the same sitting. This brings drastic improvement in infertility as well as pain associated with the endometriosis. If a cyst is found in the ovary, laparoscopic surgeon removes it very delicately without causing any harm to the normal ovary, as a part of the Laparoscopic Surgery for Endometriosis.
How does the procedure go?
Eating and drinking should be suspended before 8 hours of the laparoscopic surgery. The doctor takes a call on whether to give a general or local anesthesia. Mostly, General anaesthesia is given during such procedures. A person specialised in Gynecological Endoscopy ( Gynaec Laparoscopic Surgeon) is the best to perform such a procedure.
How is the procedure performed?
The abdomen is first inflated with gas with the help of a needle. It pushes the abdominal wall from the organs to give a clear visibility to a surgeon. The laparoscopic Camera is then pushed through an incision or a set of incisions to examine the internal organ. If the scar tissue or endometriosis needs to be removed, a doctor can use one of the several laparoscopic techniques such as electrocautery, excision etc. Post the surgery, the incision is closed with stitches. The whole procedure usually takes 30-60 minutes depending upon the severity of endometriosis.
Why is laparoscopy done?
- If the endometriosis pain has returned after a hormone therapy
- If there is a growing endometriotic cyst
- If the scar tissue found on the pelvic wall poses a threat on fertility
- If the endometriosis interferes with other organs such as the bladder etc.
- If the pain during menses ( dysmenorrhoea) refuses to subside
Duration of hospital stay:
Operations such as these are usually conducted at the outpatient facility owing to their less risky nature. A patient need not spent more than a day in the hospital. Rarely in severe cases of endometriosis overnight hospitalisation may also be required. One can successfully return to normal work within 1 week of the surgery.
Post-surgical recovery: Once the laparoscopy is done, the next steps of treatment are decided based on the patient's age and severity of endometriosis. Few hormonal medicines are advised according to the desire for fertility etc. If a patient is over and above 35 years of age, the risk of miscarriages double. Since the quality of egg declines by the year, it makes sense to undergo infertility treatment such as the in vitro fertilization, intake of fertility drugs, insemination etc. If, however, the patient is below 35 years of age, makes sense to conceive naturally first and consult a doctor simultaneously. A routine check-up post-laparoscopic surgery on alternate six months for a year will keep any risks at bay.
If you want to discuss any other problem, Consult IVF Specialist