Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal SinghalYour feedback matters!
Fitness info - Newer ways to fitness
Fitness buffs are finding ways to perk up their workouts. And it doesn't have to be as boring with fads like clubbercise crawling and paddling the workouts to 90s classics and charts hits in a dark room with glowsticks
Crawling: It can burn upto 1000 calories an hour. It is on own body weight as lot of versions army crab walk inch worm that tone different muscle groups.
Clubbing: Clubbercise is perfect for old ravers. Dance workouts with all the fun of a night out without a hangover the next day and can burn 500 calories in an hour.
Back to school: Rabble is an hour of school games like hopscotch reworked for grownups for newer generations. And it can burn upto 1000 calories in a session.
Paddleboard: No one can forget the picture of naked orlando bloom on paddleboard last summer, but no need to strip off for this fitness craze which tones every muscle in the body and burn 400 calories per hour.
Get wet: Water workouts are set to make a big splash. Aqua aerobics is a circuit training classes in the pool with timed sprints lengths that isolate top or bottom half and planks at the poolside and expects to burn 500 calories per session
I am in 7 weeks pregnant. I had torch test and rubella-IgG is 3.07 and cytomegalovirus virus is 5.11. I had two times abortion previously. Doctor said that this time also I may get aborted. Kindly help.
I am having red patches under my breast. I had applied fourderm+betasalic on it and also take antifungal tablets. It got disappeared. But after some days again those red patches got appeared and they are spreading day by day. Kindly suggest me something so that this problem can be cure and never happen again.
Hi doctor! I'm 32 weeks pregnant women. I'm suffering frm Sharp pain behind my right ear fr past 2 days. Pain sometimes spread all over head. Since I'm pregnant I can't take tablet. Pls suggest me some home remedies and Sleeping position for tis neck pain.
Cucumbers are used in most healthy salads all over the world, owing to the fact that it contains lots of water and has a cooling and refreshing effect on your system. The cucumber is a member of the plant family which also boasts of watermelon, pumpkin, and squash. And on hot summer days, cucumber salads keep you hydrated whether you consume the vegetable on its own, or drink its juice. Here we will take a look at the many other advantages of having cucumbers, which will surely inspire you to incorporate this food item in your diet on a more regular basis.
- Cucumbers contain a flavanol called fisetin. This fisetin plays a key role in protecting your brain. It increases your memory and protects your nerve cells from ageing, but it's most impressive feat is that it can protect your brain from Alzheimer's as well.
- Also, cucumbers contain polyphenols named lignans which help you to reduce the risk of breast, ovarian and prostate cancer.
- And since cucumbers contain about 95 percent of water, it goes without saying that they fight inflammation in the most impressive manner possible.
- Further, cucumbers also contain anti-oxidants. These very anti-oxidants are responsible for keeping you safe from chronic diseases.
- Cucumbers come loaded with vitamin B, which is known to fight stress and can help you to combat anxiety too.
- Cucumbers are very rich in water and fibre. Since both these entities are necessary for easy digestion of food, adding cucumbers to your daily diet can be helpful in many ways. Also, when the juice of cucumbers mixes with your saliva, it will work as a very effective combination that imparts some speed to the process of digestion.
- Cucumbers are very low in calories, which is evident by the fact that they contain about 95 percent water. And yet they fill your stomach pretty nicely. It can help you keep your weight in check.
- If you are a heart patient, you ought to have cucumbers in your diet because cucumbers contain potassium, which in turn is lowers the blood pressure in the body, thus making it much easier for you to keep a check on high BP problems.
Besides the above mentioned benefits, cucumbers taste crisp, fresh and cool. So go ahead and beat the summer heat with this extremely beneficial vegetable.
A STD is transmitted by means of physical intimate contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all. But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and B. Talk to your healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduces the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
- Consider male circumcision: There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world. Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses is trust between partners, plans to have children and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hi, I am married 32 years female. Iam trying to conceive for past 3 years, but in vain. I was diagonised with thyroid. Last oct'14 I did laproscopy and doctors deducted genital tb and told me that my one tube is affected by tb. Other tube and uterus is fine. After taking 6 months tb treatment through oral medications, infections will be cured and there is a way for pregnancy. Now 6 months advised medication is over. Now the doctors are asking me to go for ivf directly for 2. 25 lakhs. And they say that 99. 9% there is no way for natural pregnancy. And ivf also they doubt whether it would succeed or not. We were devasted by hearing this. Every day I take 7 tablets which are heavy dose (1-thyroid, 5-tb, 1-folic), due to which my skin turned orange. My urine and stool also turned orange. Frankly saying, for last one month I did not head out of my room. Only the doctors words keeps hearing. I could feel full of mental pressure due to the same thinking" will I ever be a mom one day. So finally my husband took me to n ayurveda doctor. He checked my pulse and glanced my reports and shouted at me saying that the treatment is wrong. He has given me full body cleansing for a day, uterus cleansing for 3 days on my period and 1 month medication on some powder. Please doctor, let me know if I am in correct way?
Got one boil in vulva, then it went off slowly kept getting 2-3 more boils, also since I earlier have had a past history of fungal infection, I can recognise the same smell. I have been on many painkillers before and during boils. Visited doctor she mentioned heat boils in groin. Have a history of acidity too. Today morning saw a brown worm in stool (as stomach has been hurting since 1 week). Please help me with what is the issue.
Sir I got pregnancy test at home.And it shows one Pink line it means negative.But I can't understand I am not pregnant but why my periods getting late?
Sir/mam my gf had periods on 26th may and after few day I inserted my fingers in her vagina, but from yesterday see saw blood on her vagina, it is like periods, I know what know exactly that is, whether she is pregnant or something else like hymen rupture, please give answer as I am too much worried.
Menstruation is a barometer of a women's health. Any changes in the menstrual pattern of a woman could be a harbinger of serious underlying disease and should not be overlooked. However adolescent girls are a special case where menstrual pattern is variable and much different from Adult women. It is very common for teenaged girls who have recently started menstruating to have irregular periods. This period pattern is wrongly classified as 'period problems". At the same time one needs to understand that some of the real problems like period pain in young girls are often overlooked as "normal" when they could be associated with serious medical disorders.
Although menstrual disorders are fairly common in most young women, it may have an underlying cause which can be indicative of a serious issue. Therefore, it is recommended for young women to consult a gynecologist if any difficulties arise.
Symptoms Of Menstrual Disorders (Severe)
The severe symptoms are usually accompanied by mild symptoms such as:
PCOS and Menstrual Disorders
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a common reason for women to experience irregular menstrual periods. PCOS occurs when there is an excess of male hormones (androgens) in the body which hinder the production and release of eggs in the ovaries, resulting in menstruation problems. Symptoms of PCOS are acne, hair loss and weight gain. Women with PCOS are 80% more likely to suffer from fertility issues later in life. Along with that, PCOS can result in high cholesterol and high blood pressure. One serious concern for women with PCOS is resistance to insulin which leads to diabetes.
Diet and menstrual disorders
Poor diet can also lead to menstrual complications. An extremely high fiber diet can result in less frequent ovulations and therefore irregular periods. A diet which is too low in fats and fatty acid can also result in abnormal menstrual patterns.
Stress and PCOS
Young women are often prone to immense stress. Stress is one of the primary reasons for delayed periods. Stress can cause minor complications in the hypothalamus which may have consequences in the levels of hormones in the body.
The presence of ovarian cysts in the vagina may be a cause for irregular or painful periods. Endometriosis can cause heavy bleeding and extreme pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.