Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Somendra ShuklaYour feedback matters!
My son (2.9 years) suffers from stool problem. He doesn't empty his stomach unless the syrup Laxobix is given. This has been going on since 7-8 months. I don't know how to bring him back to natural way.
Sir my daughter age is 12 year, she taking food & fruits normally qty, that to be we are forcing. We are using tonics for her hungry but food taking normally please give suggests me.
Hi My baby is one month old. He does not suck ma nipples. He is not taking breast feed. Please suggest me what should I do.
My son Aged 11 years is behaving abnormally. He is showing rigidity towards his demand and always says I will go to somewhere else if his demand not fulfilled. He also use abusive word to his mother etc. Pls suggest. Is it symptom of psychological problem or its normal.
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS
Hi doctor. I have a daughter who is 3 months 20 days old. She cries a lot. As long as she is having milk she is quite but as soon as I remove the bottle she starts crying again. She is totally on formula feed as due to some medical reasons I can't breastfeed her. She gets hungry very soon. I m giving her nan pro 1 milk 5.5 ounces around 10 times a day. What should I do and how much milk should I give it to her? also once I start semi solid in sixth month, can I start some other milk which is less fatty like buffalo milk? pls help.
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
Dmft is a simple index tool for your dentist to follow and it is very easy to understand by the common patients too.
It is basically a summary of your oral health in a quick way.
It is to observe the number of teeth that are either decayed that is carious or having any periodontal or perapical pathology leading to the discomfort.
To observe how many teeth are missing.
To observe how many teeth are filled or restored.
This will give you an idea about the basic condition of your oral health
It is simple to get checked so visit your dentist today and ask for it.
Hi we have 6 months baby and want a gap of at least 2 years for next one. We want some remedy to avoid pregnancy for next 2 years even we meet. Please advice suitable precautions. During my search in Internet I come across this" Birth Control Implant, Your doctor inserts this small, thin, and flexible plastic rod into your arm. " Is it available in Hyderabad, India. Please help me.
Hi, I am writing on behalf of my husband. He is extremely obsessed about girls, and the breasts. Its not that its hampering our relationship or our sex life. Whenever we go for an outing, his full attention is on the girls roaming around. Could you please advise me how could I help my husband get out of this. Thanks.
Sir mere nephew ko 29 march 2016 ko fever aaya tha aur mene simple analgesic aur antipyretic usko di thi aur fever theek ho gaya tha but 31 march 2016 ko fir fever aaya aur chills bhi lagi aur mene uski blood chack up karbaya to usme malaria parasite P.V.R aaya aur doctor ne usko -ibugesic plus suspention - lariago - aur zifi 100 DT di aur usne bataya ki ibugesic 5 ml agar fever aaye to dena hai aur lariago 7.5ml per day dena hai aur zifi 100 DT ki tblate subah aur sham deni hai aur ibugesic 5ml doctor apne yahan de dee thi but sir jab me ghar aaya to sham ko 6 or 7 pm baje usko phir tej fever aaya aur mene usko 5ml ibugesic phir de dee aur 1or 2 hours me fever chala gaya but sir night ko 3pm baje phir fever aaya aur mene usko phir ibugesic 5ml de dee to sir batay ki medicines dene ke baabjood fever aa raha hai kya ye fever malaria parasite P.V.R me normal hai aur kitana day baad chala jayega ya phir me in medicines ko band kar ke usko kisi achchhe paediatrician ko dikhaun aur uski age 7 ya 8year hai.
My daughter Anusha is 54 days old. She is spilling milk out 7 to 8 times in a day. She even takes burb after every feed and is on mothers feed. What can I do and is there an issue. I have given bonnisan 5 drops in a day but no luck.
My Both Babies get Cold and Cough very Regularly. I am Using some medicine but not getting permanent solution.
My girl is 1 year 6 month old. When she is take milk and biscuits then go potty regularly for 2-3 days. Before it takes mother milk and natural cow milk but recently (2-3 days) I shift in delhi so she takes powder milk. So please do something.
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.