Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Somendra ShuklaYour feedback matters!
• It is less common in breastfed infants.
• Less exposure to sunlight.
• Dark skinned infants.
• Dietary deficiency of vitamin D.
• Chronic liver disease.
• Renal osteodystrophy.
• Calcium wasting.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
– Prominent forehead.
– Delayed closing of anterior fontanels (normally closes by 6 months of age).
– Frequent rocking movement of the head.
– Temporary teeth usually appear late.
– Excessive sweating over the forehead.
– Beading of ribs (rachitic rosary), at the junction of the ribs and cartilages.
– Prominent sternum (Pigeon`s Breast).
• Spinal column:
– Patient has hump in the back (Kyphosis).
– Bow legs.
– Knock knees.
– Outwards curving of bones of forearm.
– Dwarfism in severe cases.
– Green stick fractures can occur in severe cases.
• Ligaments and muscles:
– Weakness of legs.
– Delayed walking and standing.
– Over extension of knee joints.
– Pot belly due to weakness of abdominal muscles.
• Digestive system:
– Indigestion due to liver and spleen affection.
• Nervous system:
– Restless at night.
– Rocking of head on the pillow.
– A predisposition to titanic convulsion.
• Respiratory system:
– Adenoid and tonsillar hypertrophy.
– Pharyngitis (inflammation of mucous lining of the pharynx).
– Triad of tetany.
– Laryngismus strides.
– Convulsion may be expected in low calcium type of rickets.
• Avoid bony injuries, to prevent factures.
• You should have sun bath for at least 1 – 2 hrs every day.
• Consume foods rich in vitamin D:
– Animal food: egg yolk and fish liver oils are riches source.
– Liver, veal, beef, oyster, salt water fish – mackerel, kipper, herrings, salmon, sardines and tuna.
– Dairy products like – cream, butter, cheese, fortified milk and margarines.
– Plant foods are low in vitamin D – vegetable oils, fruits, nuts and green leafy vegetables.
• Reduce calcium intake (reduce but do not completely avoid calcium as it is needed for maintenance of our body):-
– milk and sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
– Should avoid custard apple and banana as they are high in calcium.
• Breast feeding should be continued.
• You can take vitamin D supplements – cod liver oil, fortified milk.
• Consult physician if you have any of the above sigh and symptoms.
• Associated illness should be treated.
• Vitamin D injections can be injected under the guidance of your physician.
My son says that his right side nipple is paining while sleeping. What may be the reason? He has no fever, no swelling any where in body. Nothing. Is there any serious issue?
My grandson was born yesterday at 16 30 hrs. The doctor has said that the child had was gruntin and finding it difficult to breathe initially. After a few hours in the incubator and a few feeds this gradually disappeared. Should the child be checked by a pediatrician for anything specific and what is it we should look for and also what care should be taken.
Asthma is a condition that severely affects the lungs. The airways become narrow and the lungs become inflamed. Its characteristic features include bronchospasm, reversible airflow obstruction and variable and recurring symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness. This might be caused up to 2 to 3 times a day.
- Daily use of Paracetamol
- Daily use of antibiotics
- Caesarean sections
- Asthma in family
Asthma is usually triggered by:
- Tobacco Smoke
- Polluted or Poor air
- Cold Air
- Emotional Stress
Homeopathic Treatment: Asthma should be preferably treated using homeopathy. It is safe for most age groups. Asthma is a chronic problem that is best treated by a qualified homeopath. While few cures are found in numerous home use packs since they can treat a number of problems, the effective treatment of asthma usually needs potencies and changes of cures more than the extent of a prescriber and a home kit. For best results, the monitoring of a qualified homeopath should be sought. The homeopathic cures required for asthma change according to the signs of the sufferer. Some of them are listed below:
- Arsenicum Album (Ars.): Symptoms requiring the use of this medication include wheezing with dry cough and Asthma caused due to cold air. Upon application, the person will be anxious and restless and the condition worsens after midnight. Sometimes, it might result in exhaustion. There is a chilling sensation and they will crave for warmth. Patients required Ars. will be critical, anxious and afraid of being alone.
- Kali Bichromicum (Kali-bi.): Symptoms that require Kali-bi include asthma with stringy and sticky mucus. The patients feel chilly and after a while they get sick. The respiratory tract often is infected with mucous membrane infections. Ulcers are an additional infection.
- AntimoniumTartaricum (Ant-t.): Uncomfortable breathing and wet cough with mucus require this medication. It solves many issues that accompany difficult breathing. In severe cases, heart failure is possible.
- Grindelia (Grin.): Key symptoms are dry cough and possibility of wheezing. It may be accompanied by Rattling respiration, chronic bronchitis and suffocation during sleep.
- Phosphorus (Phos.): Upper respiratory tract infections cause asthma that ends in the chest. This causes coughing and wheezing.
Other homeopathic medicines for treating asthma are Nux Vomica (Nux-v.) and Pulsatilla Pratensis (Puls). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My 3 years old son has difficulty in speaking, he can babble but can’t speak and point his finger towards the desired objects. Instead he use to take us by holding our hand to the desired object example towards AC switch or Refrigerator door. He can’t even speak Mama, Papa and can’t point when asked about them. Had a poor eye contact. He is physically fit with all emotions, plays game on mobile. He has been doubted with ASD but the assessment is still pending. We have been advised to do BERA and EEG Tests which appears normal. His MRI report is has some deviation from normal which needs to be understood. Investigation: MRI Brain Plain Results: Multiplanar Mr. imaging of the brain was done. TIW, TSE-T2W and FLAIR images were obtained in three orthogonal planes. The study shows small hyperintensities on FLAIR involving peritrigonal region/occipital region on both the sides, possibly incomplete myelination Rest of the brain parenchyma appears normal. The basil cisterns and superficial subarachnoid CSF spaces are normal. Ventricles appear prominent. The mid brain, pons and medulla are normal. The cerebellar hemispheres are normal. Visualized parts of the sella, 5 th, 7 th and 8 th nerve complexes are grossly normal on routine brain imaging. Major flow voids are present. Advice: Clinical Correlation. Please help me to understand the report. Regards,
I have child of 2 month but I have not produce milk to much for fading of my child taking satavri with water and milk both. What can I eat to have more milk.
My wife is 28 year old. We have two kids. She's breast is getting very loose how she can get it tight.
Can you recommend any tools that will help me stay motivated to stay on my eating plan? Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Hi my daughter is 5 1/2 years. She is very naughty. I am facing one issue currently. My daughter dosent feels when she wants to do potty. She avoids doing potty. And lands up doing in her pantly. I dont understand the reason. Please guide me.
My son is 8 yrs old and he is thin every month he is suffering from cold and fever I consult pediatrician he recommend pediasure for him. I m giving him from 2 yrs he is so active and less fell ill but still he is thin may be I m not giving him right dose of milk or pediasure. Kindly suggest me some healthy tips for him and also quantity of milk and pediasure and how many times in a day he has to drink.
My son is 2 yrs old but his weight is less like 8.5 kg and his eating quatity is also less what should i do to increase his apetite?
Our baby is 3.5 months old and she feeds very less. Also her feet stay cold and head is warm. Is she normal ? In Ayurveda I have heard this is not good.
Maintaining good oral hygiene has now become all the more important. A new study has linked the cause of migraines to be a specific type of bacteria present in mouth and gut. People complaining of splitting headaches is fairly common place nowadays. Statistics in india show that nearly one third indian women and one fifth of indian men suffer from this type of headache.
Symptoms of migraine include:
Moderate to severe pain that affects the whole head or may shift to one side
Increased sensitivity to light, sound and pungent odour
Blurring of vision
Nausea and/or vomiting
Seeing dark spots in front of eyes
There are three different types of headaches- severe headache, cluster headache and migraine.
Headache is simply unpleasant pain in the head region of varying intensity. Cluster headache is intense one sided headache with tearing in the eye of the side of the pain. Migraines are moderate to severe pain in the head, usually diffuse and presents along with the above stated symptoms.
Causes of migraine:
Knowing what causes migraine can help avoid it. Common causes that affect different people are as follows:
Hormonal changes and supplements
Over use of contraceptive pills
Sleeping in small closed rooms with inadequate ventilation
Overuse of mosquito repellent
Bad oral hygiene
Overuse of pain killers
Food that triggers migraine:
Many people experience migraine because of different food items. Identify your trigger and then try hard to avoid it.
Processed and canned meat products
Onions, potatoes, spinach, and over eating of rice
Since many years now, nitrate medicines have been used to maintain cardiovascular health and previous research has revealed that heart patients who were given medications containing nitrates routinely complained of headaches. The migraineurs had high nitrate levels, but the actual connection to link the two had not been established until now.
Researchers at the university of california-san diego investigated this further to identify the connection between what the migraineurs eat that alters their experience with migraines. Bacterial sequencing was done on the 172 participants of samples collected from their mouth and gut. Tests showed an abundance of nitrate reducing bacteria in their faecal samples, but even more in their mouth bacteria.
The study published in the journal msystems has identified the link between oral bacteria and migraine, but it is still not evident whether these bacteria are the cause or a result of migraine. But even then it is best to stay safe from our side by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a good oral hygiene. Migraine is often neglected by the patients and hence becomes difficult to treat. Identify the above triggers and causes of migraine and consult a physician if you have any of them.