Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SmithaYour feedback matters!
Can I eat some food or fast food on the treatment of root canal? Root canal treatment use full for stopping pain?
My teeth are looking black from inside but they are not paining so what should I do? please help me.
Sensational teeth issue feeling like my gums getting lose from teeth felling space between my gums and teeth. teeth Paining when eating sweet things and drinking cold and hot liquids.
I have sharp pain in my front 2 teeth and one of that teeth is milk teeth and behind that milk teeth one more teeth is present what I do to stop this pain or will my teeth come in sequence of other teeth after break of this milk teeth and how?
I am 49 years old. I am suffering from toothache in a right upper gum tooth. This tooth has been eroded badly since long. What should I do, whether the tooth needs to be pulled out or to be filled up by some method. Please advise.
Sir I may feel tenderness or pain when eating or drinking something hot, cold or sweet Grey, brown or black spots appearing on my teeth. Bad breath. Also An unpleasant taste in mouth. Sir what is the solution?
Dear Doc I want to use braces on my teeth. Some of my tooth look very uncomfortable. And some of my friends telling that braces will give you pain. And you will be not able to eat your too. So it's sounds scary? Can you please suggest me that these is rumors or its good to get braces on teeth and have a perfect smile. Thanks.
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)