Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Sanyal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita SanyalYour feedback matters!
Hello Doc, my periods were due on 12 july but I had unprotected intercourse on 8 july. I took an I pill within 6 hours. My periods were delayed and I got withdrawal bleeding on 18 july snd it stopped on 21 july. My next periods were due on 12 August still I have no periods yet. I have not done any intercourse now. My all test are negative even blood test also shows no pregnancy. I went ti my gynaecologist and she gave me progestomac, estomac 3 doses. How much time it will take to start my periods? please help me. Thnx.
I am 30 years old female on 19/07/16 I got periods ,but again periods started on 09/08/16 but still now not yet bleeding stopped it has taken more than 1 week , what may be the problem will you pls suggest me.
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
- Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
- Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
- Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
- Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
- Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus.
Please I had unprotected sex with a lady and she took emergency contraceptive (1.5 mg just one pill in box) 4 hours but she told me she was ovulating that same day. Please will the pill be effective against pregnancy since she was ovulating.
The medicines that we see today, including the heavy antibiotics and the normal syrups, never existed century ago. However, people since inception have been taking a different form of medications for illness and other health problems. The power of herbal medicines cannot be overlooked at point time – prior to all the modern medicines, these herbal medicines even cured deadly diseases.
Once again, pharmacy is going into the herbal era to explore and bring out the human health benefits. This is because of the ease of use and yes, the affordability and the power to heal almost every human health disorder.
Unfortunately, we lack medicinal plant information and that is why never think of having some quick doctors (medicinal plants) at home. Indeed, everyone seems to be pleased and delighted with the importance of medicinal plants; are you intrigued to have a small healing garden of your own? I mean its fun and benefit for generations. People have always been inquiring about:
- Are herbal remedies safe?
- Which are the best healing plants?
- Is growing medicinal plants a great and beneficial hobby?
This excerpt deals with the most common medicinal plants and their uses – moreover, you would get to know about the list of medicinal plants which can easily been grown at home. For your knowledge and better understand, you can easily relate the information with medicinal plant pictures over the internet and grasp the idea in a better way.
In case of emergencies your little medicinal herbal garden would always stand besides you – for example, my mother was lucky enough to have aloe vera at home garden because I got burnt by the heater and during the cold nights there was no one to take me to doctor. Well, now you must check out the simplest yet effective medicinal plants that must be there in the garden:
1) Aloe Vera:
It can be gown under normal conditions because it just needs moist soil and sun exposure. The big leaves contain sap, which works amazingly against:
The intake of aloe vera juice can heal:
2) Marsh Mallow:
You must have an idea; it is the same plant from which edible marshmallows are obtained. The roots of this plant are extremely beneficial as they treat:
- Insect bites
- bruises and wounds
- Aching muscles
- Skin inflammations
Internally you can treat:
- Stomach acids
- Urine problems
3) Pot Marigold:
The best thing about this plant is it can be grown under normal climatic conditions. It is commonly known for its great benefits for the skin – however, it is amazingly for external uses like:
- Insect bites
- Sore eyes
- Wounds and stings
It also works best for:
- Infections (chronic)
- Varicose veins
4) Chinese yam:
This type of yam can be eaten to cure tonic effects in spleen and stomach. In addition, it helps in treating lungs and kidneys. You can also treat:
- Dry coughs
- Poor digestion
- Helps in weight loss
- Problematic urination
- Snake and Scorpio bites
5) Tea tree:
You must have heard about tea green a lot, especially for treatment against loss of hair and headaches. It contains amazing benefits like antibacterial, anti fungal and works best as antiseptic. In addition, it treats:
6) Lemon balm:
The leaves of this plant have mint like smell and provides nourishing image. It has big summer flowers, which can be rubbed against the skin for:
- Animal bites
- Mosquito bites
The nectar that is used with water in form of juice is beneficial for:
It is mostly known for its strong antiseptic nature. It is wonderful when it comes to the treatment of:
- Stomach gas
You must have used basil lot many times in food but have you ever tried it to heal flatulence? It has the power to treat:
- Lack of appetite
- Stomach gas
You must have had used sage in your food – interestingly, it has the capacity to treat:
10) Fenugreek seeds:
These are very nourishing and carry great nutritional value – they can treat:
- Labor pain
- Digestion issues
- Drain ducts
- Diabetes (initial)
- Blood cholesterol levels (low)
- Refresh breathe
It contains allantoin, which helps in a replacement of body cells naturally. In addition, it can treat:
- bronchial issues
- broken bones (weak bones)
- severe burns
- cuts and acne
12) Turkey Rhubarb
It works well for the digestion problems and maintains balance in the digestive system. This herb is very gentle and treats:
- Menstrual problem
- Bladder problem
This herb is known for its natural ability to promote health and prolong the life. The roots can used to treat:
- Nervous disorders (relaxation of nervous system
- Increase the metabolism rate
- Improved blood pressure levels
- Improve diet
- Improve immunity
- increased hormone secretion
Peppermint is known as the world most powerful and oldest herb that can treat human health effectively. It is enriched with Vitamins like A and C – contains manganese and iron. The leaves can be used to treat:
- Upset stomach
- Treat fever
15) Milk Thistle:
It improves the liver function effectively – also it treats: