Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My period missed for 10 days its happens first time and I checked at home with home tester but it s negative I have more pain in back and little bit pain in my tummy all of the time so tell me what can I do?
Plese tell how to get rid of wart on inner lips of vagina. I fear it can spread to other parts and removal by burning is not possible as it is sensitive area.
Hello. Mai 2 month pregnant thi. Kal hi mera miscarriage ho gya. Maine aap sab se bht se questions puche the. Jinka aap sbne ans b kia tha. Thank you so much for everyone who suggest me. Mai ab ye puchna chahti hu k hum dubara kb try kr skte h. Or kya kre jis se jldi concieve ho jye. Thanks.
I have stomach pain and soiling at periods time what will the problems arrival and what should I do for be safe and give me precautions Also.
Hi, I had intercourse wid my partner during my mensturation and took an ipill. Its been 2 days I have fever, severe headache, body pain. Is it because of the pill?
I am 25 years old tomorrow my husband birthday we want to go water kindom but I am in periods what to do ?
Hi doctor. I want to know at what time is the pregnancy happens. If her periods lasts in 5 days. Then what is the better time to avoid pregnancy. When should we participate.
Hello, my wife is pregnant, 4 months, she gets stomach pain, is tat a normal symptom, or any reason?
I have pcod. Most of the time I have low bp. And hemoglobin is also not upto the mark. I feel weak all the time. I need a good diet chart except medicines.
First night ko wife ke sath sex kaise krna chaiye ,kya first time sex se male n female dono ko dard hota hai? Aur female bhi sex me pura sath de to first night ko kitti brr sex krr sakte hai aur sex ke time kin kin baato ka dhyan rakhna chaiye?
Hi Intercourse last on 14th july. Was on pills. Pill pack ended on 28th july bleeding from 1-6 aug. No pills or intercourse after that. Next period due on 1st sept as it did not occur till 8th Did a serum beta hcg on 8th sept (last intercourse was on 14th july) Usg showing pcod same day. Usg on 21st sept also showing pcod only. As I was feeling shortness of breath and gassy. I did several hpt. At 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks from last intercourse as well as today. Also. I always used hpt with first morning urine and checked with 2 brands prega news and ican Prega news had always shown negative. But ican from 11th weeks (may be have not noticed earlier) showed very white line on test area within thw manufacturer time limit. It was their on 11 weeks, 12 weeks and now 13 weeks from intercourse. Sometimes their is a single white or grey line on test region or their are 2 lines on test region. No intercourse after 14th july. 2 bleeding which continued for 5-6 days. Is their any risk that m pregnant? Do I need to repeat the test? Moreover in the store the kit is store in refrigerator but I generally store in bag coz its not possible for me to store in refrigerator. Will it affect the result?
My sister is 27 years old. 3 days before she became mother. My question is which foods are good for her to produce breast milk? Which foods should be avoided by a breast-feeding mother?
Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:
1. Reclining Pigeon Pose:
There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
2. Knee to Opposite Shoulder:
In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
3. Sitting Spinal Stretch:
At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
4. Standing Hamstring Stretch:
Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
Mujhe lekin na to breast mein Dukhta hai aur na to sir dard hota hai aur na chakkar aaye hai ha lekin jab mein khana kha leti hu to mujhe ulti Jaise mehsoos hota hai par ulti hoti nhi hai kya is ke alawa bhi kuch hota hai kya pregnancy mein.
Miscarriage refers to the spontaneous loss of the fetus before one completes the 20th week of pregnancy, taking into account the period from the conception to gestation. It usually happens in the first trimester of the pregnancy; that is within the seventh and the twelfth week of conception. Recurrent miscarriage is when one suffers from multiple miscarriages in a row.
- Abnormally-shaped Uterus: Some miscarriages, particularly late ones, are thought to happen because the uterus (womb) has an abnormal shape.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Women with this condition have many small cysts in their ovaries.They also tend to have hormonal problems, including high levels of insulin and male hormone in the blood, which can lead to recurrent miscarriage.
- Infection: Some serious infections can cause or increase the risk of single miscarriages. These include toxoplasmosis, rubella, listeria and genital infection. But it is not clear whether infection plays a role in recurrent miscarriage.
- Diabetes and Thyroid Problems: Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated thyroid problems can cause miscarriage. But well-controlled diabetes and treated thyroid problems do not cause recurrent miscarriage.
Your risk of recurrent miscarriage is higher if:
- you and your partner are older; the risk is highest if you are over 35 and your partner over 40;
- you are very overweight. Being very underweight may also increase your risk.
Each new pregnancy loss increases the risk of a further miscarriage. But even after three miscarriages, most couples will have a live baby next time.
Testing After Recurrent Miscarriage:
If you have had three miscarriages in a row, you should be offered tests to try to find the cause. This should happen whether or not you already have one or more children. Testing is not usually offered after one or two early miscarriages (up to 14 weeks) because these are often due to chance. But you might be offered tests after two early miscarriages if you are in your late 30s or 40s or if it has taken you a long time to conceive.
If you had a late (second trimester) miscarriage, where your baby died after 14 weeks of pregnancy, you should be offered tests after this loss.
- You can opt for blood tests to check for sticky blood syndrome or APS. Tests would look for antibodies that would help treat the condition. Antibodies are chemicals produced by the body to combat infections.
- Get an examination done should the doctor suspect chromosomal abnormalities and in case it is diagnosed, both of you can consult a clinical genetics specialist for genetics counseling.
- Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound scan to trace any type of abnormality that may make a pregnancy futile, for instance, a short or a fragile cervix.
It is natural to pin your hopes on testing as the answer to your problems. But there are three reasons why it may not be the answer you’re looking for:
- A cause may not be found; when this happens your miscarriages are called ‘unexplained’
- Even if a cause is found, it may not be treatable;
- Treatment may not lead to a successful pregnancy. This can happen if a pregnancy miscarries for a different reason than the one being treated.