Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyam Sunder
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam SunderYour feedback matters!
My husband is having low motility is it possible to increase motility of sperm he s having 4 % is it possible t conceive for me.
Sir, I am having pcos. I have irregular periods and I am mostly worried about the thick hair grown on my face. please suggest.
Lifestyle changes have taken a heavy toll on the entire digestive system. There is less fiber, more processed foods, less water and more aerated drinks, all playing havoc with the digestive process. This has led to abnormal bowel movements, no regular cleansing of the bowels, and various other gastric problems.
Ayurveda believes that a healthy body is the result of the balance between the three elements – vaata, pitta, and kapha. Increase or decrease in any of these produces specific symptoms or disease conditions. As a remedy, therefore, the aim should be to balance out these three elements, so that overall health is restored.
Constipation is caused by:
- Reduced fiber
- Reduced roughage
- Reduced water intake
- Increased processed/refined foods
- Reduced physical activity
- Increased refined sugar consumption
Symptoms of constipation:
Constipation can be acute or chronic. While acute may be associated with some sudden food changes, many people may be chronically constipated due to their lifestyle. These people will have the following symptoms:
- Difficulty passing stools
- Bloated, excessive gassy feeling
- Loss of appetite
- Lousy and lethargic feeling
- Weight loss
- Rectal bleeding if the constipation is ongoing for a long time
- Difficulty in digestion
Some complications of constipation include hemorrhoids, fecal impaction, fecal incontinence, anal fissure and rectal bleeding. Ayurveda suggests yoga, natural remedies and food changes to treat constipation and gastric problems.
- Trikonasana: This helps in the easy passage of stool by working on the lower part of the digestive tract
- Bhujanagasana: It helps remove the accumulated gas and helps in passing stools
- Pavan muktasana: Translated into “asana which helps in the release of gas,” this is very useful in reducing flatulence and also helps to reduce abdominal fat.
- Naukasana: This pose where the body comes into a boat shape helps in activating the intestinal juices and relieves gastric problems.
- Triphala churna is a great bowel cleanser which helps in bowel movement too
- Aloe vera juice clears the stomach
- Castor oil is highly recommended for digestive issues and constipation
- Bel fruit is believed to remove waste from the body
- The leaves and roots of Nisoth (Ipomoea) have great laxative properties.
- Isabgole (Plantago) not only cures constipation but also reduces cholesterol and helps in regulating bowel movement.
- Avoid bakery items, red meat, processed foods, dairy products, and oily foods so that constipation can be rectified
- Increase consumption of green leafy vegetables, make sure at least 50% of the meal is made up of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Ensure each meal contains as much whole grains and cereals as possible, not refined flour.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!