Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I had sex on 6 th day of period. Is there any chance of pregnancy. Her mensuration period is 36 day.
Hello sir Me and My gf having sex on date 4th July but no discharge of sperm occurred but now my gf have heavy white discharge from her vagina why and what is the treatments?
Hello sir/mam Meri age 21 year hai mujhe periods time se nahi ata aur kabhi kabhi 3 din mai hi ruk jata hai mera weight bhi 35 hai bus please mujhe advice dejiye.
The various symptoms of infertility in men are:
1. You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
2. You may have chronic respiratory problems
3. You may experience low libido
4. You may have ejaculation disorders
5. Impaired sense of smell
6. Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
7. Your sperm count may be low
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
1. Infection: Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis, which causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
2. Varicocele: This condition is characterized by swelling of the veins that are connected to the testicle. This condition is known to change the normal temperature of the testicles, thus leading to complications in sperm production.
3. Hormonal imbalances: Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
4. Problems in sexual intercourse: Problems such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation are reasons why you may have infertility.
5. Medications: Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus reduce your fertility.
6. Radiation exposure: If you have been exposed to radiation such as x-rays, your sperm production may be impaired, thus causing infertility. However, this condition can be reversed if you are no longer exposed to the radiation.
7. Consumption of alcohol and smoking: Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
8. Obesity: If you are overweight, then it's time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
Respected Doctor, My wife gave birth a female child on Sep. 23.2015. It is a normal delivery. Now almost 4 months have been over. At birth time to reduce the stomach she bandaged by using cloth around her stomach for a 2 months. At that time the stomach is reduced but now the stomach size is being increased where is the wrong? Is there any excersize to do to decrease the stomach or else any other way? Please suggest me.
Severe fungal infection in groins and legs. Since last 1 year. I have taken allopathy, homeopathy. But after certain time period. The infection again starts. Once I stop the medicines.
I am 24 year old female m not married my problem irregular 2 mnth. Se mujhe period nai hue please ask me some medicine Nd solve my problem.
So, what is stress? Stress is the body's response to any kind of physical or emotional demand or threat. Body releases certain stress hormones under these pressure conditions. On long term basis , stress can lead to many chronic conditions affecting the heart and can cause mental disorders like depression, sleep disorders or affect the social well being also.
Women and Stress:
Women deal with stress differently than men. Women are generally soft, caring and gentle. They have to manage their personal and professional life and generally get less support at both fronts.They generally spend their life taking care of others and give least attention to their own needs( emotional and physical). As women progress through different life stages her emotional balance also changes affecting her emotionally making her vulnerable to stress and depression.
Ways to handle Stress:
Relax - don't take each and every situation seriously , take a deep breath, not all emergencies are a do or die situation.
Learn yoga, meditation or other relaxing techniques. Go for a massage , listen to music or talk to a good friend.
Make time for yourself - love yourself and take care or yourself and then you can love and care for others as well. Take out time to do things which you like.
Sleeping is a great way to help both your body and mind. Try to get atleast 8 hours of sleep.
Get a hobby and immerse yourself in doing something creative and constructive.
Do regular exercise- it is the best way to bust stress in a healthy way.
Make new friends or travel to new places. Explore the unknown and spend time with people.
Focus on one thing at a time.
How to manage stress:
Don't let stress make you sick . Often people are not aware of the stress levels and how they are affecting them. One should pay attention to themselves and focus on their emotional and physical needs. Take a break, go on holiday, eat what you like, go out with friends and relax. Live life, love yourself, listen to your body.
Side effects of Stress on Women:
Menstrual problems: Stress can cause delay in periods or sometimes short cycles.
Infertility : Stress can affect the hormonal levels leading to an ovulation and infertility.
Hair loss : Many women complain if losing hair and biting their nails in stress.
Eating disorders : Either women end up binging on healthy food items or completely refuse to eat anything. In stress the best is to out ant divert your attention to something constructive.
Skin ailments: Stress can lead to pimples, break outs and even itching and rashes.
Sleep disorders: Trouble in falling asleep is common in women under stress.
Heart disease: High blood pressure., stroke and heart attack are common ailments caused due to stress. This is because women take stress to heart and are more susceptible to go through heart disease due to stressful situations.
Depression : Women can go into a shell and suffer from acute depression. If you are getting self loathing or helpless thoughts, reach out to your loved ones and talk. If talking and reaching out also doesn't resolve the situation, consult a specialist. Medical expertise can ensure that stress doesn't affect your health.
Weight gain : Women stop going out, start eating unhealthily and restrict their interaction with people in depression and stress. The result is that they start to gain weight. It is best that you keep a check on the scales and opt for a strict diet.
Decreased libido: Stress affects the sex life the most. A decrease in libido can affect relationships and create distances. Talk to your partner and of needed opt for medical advice.
During periods one can take curd and lemon water. As both are acidic properties. Some said yes and some says NO. If they are acidic then in that case can they be taken after 3 days of periods? They affect the periods also?
A day's diet plan should provide at least 25g to 40 g of fibre women need, slightly less fibre than men. For fibre to work well it needs water, so drink enough water. Fibre acts as a sponge and absorbs water and swells up in the gut and help to move food waste for elimination. Some types of fibre help maintain the good bacteria in the gut.
Chilies have always been known as ingredients that add spice to indian food. Without chilies, any indian food cuisine is incomplete. Both have distinct tastes and also have different health benefits. Here's a comparison between the two:
Red Chilli: Red chilies are dried and then used in food a preparation. It is spicier or hotter than green chilies.
- Source of iron absorption - Red chilies contain a good proportion of iron which is very good for blood health. They also have a lot of vitamin c that helps the body in absorbing iron
- Burns calories - They produce heat in the body that directly burns down calories, just like heat generated due to exercise
- Relieves from congestion - In india red chilies are provided to a person for consumption when he is suffering from cold. It relieves congestion and helps is better respiration
- Reduces blockage in arteries - They are very powerful antioxidants that clear any blockages in the arteries or blood vessels.
Green Chilli: Green chilies are more subtle in taste and are used as fresh spices in various food preparations.
- Manages blood sugar levels - Green chilies tackle high blood sugar levels and control it if consumed regularly
- Promotes digestion - Owing to the various fibers found in them, they help in better digestion
- Good for skin - Green chilies being rich in vitamin e is a very good spice for a clean and healthy skin
- Very good for heart - Due to a considerable proportion of beta-carotene in green chilies the cardiovascular systems stays strong and the heart too stays healthy
- Both chilies have great benefits and consuming both in permitted quantities is only good for health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on Consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hunchback results when the vertebrae in the upper back become increasingly wedge-shaped and the cause for this can be various problems such as:
Cancer and treatment for cancer.
Risk factors: there are certain groups of people who are at increased risk for developing hunchback such as:
Adolescent girls who have a poor posture.
Boys aged between 10 and 15 are at increased risk of developing scheuermann's kyphosis.
Older patients suffering from osteoporosis are at a higher risk for spinal fractures which can contribute to hunchback.
Patients having connective tissue disorders (marfan syndrome) are more prone to developing hunchback.
Signs and symptoms of hunchback
Patient may not have any signs or symptoms if the hunchback is mild.
Abnormally curved spine.
Stiffness in the back.
Pain in the back.
Investigations for hunchback
Neurological exam to check reflexes and muscle strength.
X-rays to determine the degree of curvature and to detect deformities of the vertebrae.
Computerized tomography (ct scan) for more detailed images.
Magnetic resonance imaging (mri) to rule out tumor or infection.
Nerve tests are done if the patient is experiencing any muscle weakness or numbness to check the nerve impulses.
Lung function tests are done for severe hunchback to check if the curve is affecting the patient's ability to breathe.
My 19 years old daughter has POD issue. She is now under the treatment of a Homeopathy doctor for last one and half years but in vain. Will she be completely alright by the treatment of Allopathic ? what will be the duration ?
Sprouting a seed enables it to produce an enormously enhanced bundle of nutrients.
The nutritional changes that occur during sprouting primarily happen because complex compounds get broken down into simpler forms.
Metabolic activity in dormant seeds is initiated as soon as they are hydrated during soaking.
Sprouted seeds acquire natural increased digestibility and nutrients as compared to unsprouted seeds. They provide us with all the essential minerals and vitamins, and must ideally form a part of our daily diets.