Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shriram GargYour feedback matters!
I aged 47 years, suffering with lower back pain and frequently i suffer with body ache and viral fever (influenza)
I am suffering from leg pain, knee pain because of accident this pain is start how do I relief from this pain.
I am suffering from disk and Knee joint pains for the past 10 years I have already done panchakarma treatment. There is no result? What can I Do?
Hi there, I have slip disc fir past few years and last year I was operated in my knee fir ACL reconstruction. Due to the said reasons I m not able to do physical exercises which resulted in sudden increase in my weight. I have reduced my diet as well as daily fat intake. But that is not helping. What shall I do to reduce my weight as the increasing weight is further adding on to the knee n back problems.
I am 29 years old. I am having knee pains(i can not stand more time ) for both knees since 5 years. I have gone x ray, normal blood checkup and mri scanning for right knee two years back. In mri scanning tear is there but its minor, some medicens and knee caps I used. Since two years I am not using any tablets by doing morning walking pain bit less. Last few days severly I am suffering I can not stand even 20 min, yesterday I gone normal blood checkup everything ok. Please give me solution sir.
My knee is paining from last few day I had swellings on my face and my knee I had take brufen tab. I am staying in uk. And can bend knee to much.
My mother have arthritis problem. Osteoarthritis. Will regular consumption of amla juice with honey will cure it or have relief from pain.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Related Tip: "All About Knee Pain"
Hello Doc is there any way to rejoin avulsion of PCL tibia attachment without surgery. I dnt wanna do it. As per MRI report it showing PCL avulsion of tibia attachment. I can walk, can use upstare, only the difficulties I am facing is that not able to fold my leg completely if I do so the complete area ok knee pain. Kindly suggest me something best.
My wife while going for walking, fell down and got a injury above the knee. When I consulted a doctor, she was given tablet and the discoloration is come to normal over a period of 2 weeks time. It is almost one month over now, the swelling over the knee, due to blood clot to the size of cricket ball, is not come down. 2 times doctor had done aspiration, even after that still it persists. What is the right medication for this to become normal. We were told that there is no ligament / bone injury. Only the blood clot and even after 2 times aspiration, doesn't come to normal. Pl suggest.
I am suffering because I am having a ganglion on my wrist. I consulted many doctors they say that it is curable but l want to ask that can I get easily rid of this by taking medicines.
I am having pain in my knees since morning and not able to walk properly. Sometimes the pain is high and at time very high. I have taken painkillers.
Very very high Knee pain. I am suffering from this pain since 10 years. Now I can not run and can not even walk for more than 5 minutes. Please suggest some medicines or other treatment so that I can get rid of this pain.
My mother is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis since 12 year please tell me the list of right medicine.
I am having pain in my right knee since last 6 months. I consult Dr. For few time but didn't came to cure. I think it started in jan 2015 when I used to exercise a lot. I have done mri of it had tablets of calchill g. Which reduce pain for few time after having it. But didn't cure it. Please help.
hello doctors! I'm 25 years old. Unmarried and working lady. I've been suffering from a number of problems, some from my adolescence which are still there and have become chronic and some have developed recently. I have many health issues at the same time, below is the list:- 1- i'm exhausted all the time, I feel lethargic and slouchy. 2- few years back I used to have extreme pelvic pain; I couldn't stand the pain and my Dr. Gave me injections of voveran. Now from the last year my periods are not regular, I just menstruate for one day. 3- i'm constantly putting on weight, especially around my belly. I exercise but it doesn't help. 4- when I was 13 years old my knees used to knuckle/crack a lot. This condition remained for 8-9 years. Now it doesn't happen but i've severe pain in my knees and ankles; i'm not able to climb stairs, I can't do cycling I can't walk fast, cannot jump/jog, in short I feel like a 60 years old lady. 5- also I pent when I climb stairs or walk fast. My folks say that i'm a lazy girl and not at all attentive. 6- i'm absent minded, so much forgetful. I misplace things most of the time. One doctor said i've dementia or alzheimer's. I'm shocked. 7- I look pale and have many skin problems, like breakouts, scars, black head white heads, patchy skin. Did consult doctors. But nothing did really help. Blood test already done, there's no blood infection. 8- i've consulted a gynaecologist too for my periods and skin issues, conducted some tests which were normal. I feared of pcos but luckily it was not that but there was some watery discharge from my left breast. 9- i'm short sighted too and my number is -8. Severe headache is common. 10 - in 2013 I was down with typhoid. My haemoglobin was 7.8 at that time and I took iron tabs (dexorange) for three months. 11- four five years back I had a bone marrow test which indicated my bones were weak. In later years I consulted an specialist he said I hv arthritis, I didn't continue the medicines. 12- my tongue has unusual black spots. My metabolism isn't good. Constipation is not a regular problem. 13- recently i'm realising that my body's tiny hair including my face is growing dark. I fear of hormonal problem. 14- from last one month i've chronic bony pain especially in my hands, feet and legs. My finger joints are paining like anything, I can't keep my feet on the floor, it hurts badly. I'm not able to sleep due to unbearable pain. In fact I can't explain my condition. Every part of my body pains, I feel sick, very very sick. Please help, what should I do, i'm stressed out, not even able to work properly in my office. Where to start? who's the right doctor? please help out.
What is the main reason for knee pain and lot of time I tired very earlier so I am not able to do work continuously.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis.