Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shriram GargYour feedback matters!
One year back I am fell-down from bike. That day onwards I am getting small sound from my knee while siting and standing time. I am feeling little Un comfort also while climbing steps But not that much pain. Please help me with your suggestion.
I am a 26 years old guy. I am having knee pain after I do the masturbation (not doing it very frequently). My weight is 60 Kg and height of 172 CM. What is the issue with my knee, Should I consult to some orthopedic expert? The pain remains for 1-2 days.
Rt Knee Joint pain since 10 years. Recently aggravation in symp of pain edema (pedal and local) tenderness mild dilation of veins locally. MRI showing complete tear in medial meniscus, intrasubstance signal in anterior horn of lateral meniscus; degenerative change in femoral tibial joint space and patellar-femoral joint space. Ganglion cyst in posteromedial aspect of tibia along with tibia femoral joint. Pls suggest the treatment plan and give further guidance; waiting for your opinion. Thank you.
I have been suffering from knee pain since three months and I have gained 5kg weight during this time and now I have come to know that I have hypo thyroid. Please tell what should I do for my pain n increase in weight.
Hello doc. i am a 30 years old women. I would like to know about my health as had gone section from my first baby just 5 months back. M getting lot of pain on my back nearly lumbar and knees too. M in lot of depression.. please suggest me in order get rid of all these.i am working women. Really difficult to carry on my daily routine..
Sir/madam, My mother is 69 years old, 8 years back she had a knee operation on one leg, some time she had severe pain, so kindly suggest AYURVEDIC medicine for pain relief.
Hello doctor! I'm 29 height is 5 ft weight 36 kg only, and I have hypothyroid my tsh level was 118 which came to 20 by unani medicines and even I gained weight now since 3 months I'm taking unani medicine and since then I got so many pimples on my face and now it's been 3 months my pimples are not subsiding and now again my weight loss and got insomnia problems Will hempushpa solve acne and insomnia. Thank you.
I am 56+ years old Suffering with diabetic. Fasting sugar 185 and after 265. Every day 1 km. And also suffering with knee pains. What can I do
I am 58 years old male and have pain in my both the knees for last six months. Taking Rosiflex Trio OneTab BD since 10/01/2016. What should more I do?
You know it’s time for a knee replacement surgery when you can’t walk, move or get up from a chair without pain in spite of taking medications, physiotherapy and following a pain management therapy for a long time. Knee replacement surgery is also known as arthroplasty, and it’s one of the most common bone surgeries around.
Causes of Knee Pain
Most people suffering from arthritis of any kind- osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis are the ones who may require a knee replacement surgery when their condiition becomes severe.
It helps ease pain and helps one move freely.
- Osteoarthritis- This is mostly caused due to age-related ‘wear and tear’ of the knee joint and usually occurs in people who are older than 50 years. In this condition, the cartilage that cushions the three main bones of the knee wears away. This makes the bones rub against one another, causing stiffness and knee pain. Osteoarthritis is the main reason why people go for knee replacement surgery.
- Rheumatoid arthritis- In this type of arthritis, the synovial membrane that surrounds the knee joint becomes inflamed. This chronic inflammation then damages the knee cartilage and leads its loss and attendant pain, and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis- This happens after a serious knee injury. It can lead to tears of the knee ligaments and bones which leads to damage to the knee cartilage.
- Loss of blood flow to the bones – osteonecrosis – also may require knee replacement surgery.
- Those with deformities like knock knees and bowed legs also may require knee replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery
During this surgery, an orthopedic surgeon removes the damaged part of the knee and replaces it with an artificial metal or plastic joint. This artificial joint is then attached to the thigh bone, the shin, and the kneecap with a special cement-like material.
Different Types of Knee Replacement Surgery
There are four main types of knee replacement surgery-
- Total knee replacement- This is the most common type of surgery. In this, your surgeon replaces the entire knee including the thigh bone and shin bone that connect to the knee.
- Partial knee replacement- This type of surgery is performed if arthritis affects only one side of your knee. However, this type of surgery is done only if you have strong knee ligaments. This is performed through a smaller cut than is needed for total knee replacement.
- Kneecap replacement- This type of surgery replaces only the under-surface of your kneecap.
- Revision knee replacement- This is a complex surgery which is performed in case you have very severe arthritis.
A knee replacement is actually a knee "resurfacing" because only the surface of the knee bones is actually replaced during the procedure. It is a relatively safe procedure and the patient does not have any side effects. All a patient is required to do is take proper rest and follow the instructions of your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.