Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShikhaYour feedback matters!
Enhance your smile with #lip #augmentaion #surgery:
Do you want to improve the appearance of your lips? plump lips often improve self-confidence. We at #southdelhicosmeticclinic have many #cosmeticprocedures, to improve the appearance, reduce fine lines and #wrinkles around of your #lips #lipaugmentation can enhance and improve your #naturallook https://goo. Gl/ngnvn
My daughter is vomiting a lot. She is 3 1/2 month old and breastfeeding is almost on its end as not producing enough. I have tried similac, nan pro but she is not accepting any of it then I tried toned milk to which she responded well in the beginning but now she has started vomiting again. On an average out of 5 feeds she vomits 2-3 times a day. I am soo worried as how she will grow without any nutrition. Can I feed her anything else apart from milk? Is there any medicine which can stop her excess vomits? Her weight is 5kg n length is 63cm, is it fine for her age? Should I change my paediatrician as the current one says that she is fine and avoid giving her toned milk n keep on changing the brand of formula milk if she is vomiting one because that is the only best option for feeding outer milk. Please suggest the best possible solution. I am sooo worried.
I am 30 years old. I have pcos hormone imbalance past 7 years. And I had laparoscopy on 5 months back to remove my fibroid cyst and pcos. After two months I got conceived with help of ovulation injection. At week 6, I had bleeding around 3 hours. After that doctor prescribed me duphaston 10 mg 2 tablets every 4 hours. I hav continuously taken tablet till now. At week 7 to 9 I had some dark brown discharge on and off. Now 12 weeks. At week 10 I heard heartbeat. Yesterday I was with severe vomit ends up with small bloodline with food. My gyn suggested to take pan 40 and emiset 4 mg. Is it safe to my condition. I had taken only one dose yesterday night. Vomit stopped. But wrying about miscarriage or birth defects with my baby. Is one dose affect baby. Please help me. Still I am having white cervix mucus. Felt guilty taking that tablet.
Hello Dr. My wife is 1.5 month pregnant. Actually I stay on forth floor and there is no lift so is it OK to step up and step down during this period?
I am having burning sensation after urination. Also a foul smell is coming out from my vagina. Before six months I had done 4 times calitrophy. Even then my urine infection problem is not solved. Kindly suggest.
My mother of age 51 is suffering fron nerve disorder. She can not sleep at night if she starts pondering on something that is against her favour. How can she get rid of these problem.
I am 30 years of age and I have postponed my child process because of my PhD. I will complete my PhD by june 2016. Will there be any problem if I conceive after that?
Hi, Actually my wife is having irregular menses problem. Several times we have consulted with doctor but not work. So please give some tips about said problem.
Can I do yoga and cardio together. First I start with yoga (10 min) and then cardio (20 min) is it ok or it is harmful. I do yoga because I feel relaxed and it reduçes my stress and worries, but at same I am gaining weight due to yoga so I started doing cardio after yoga is it ok will it helps to reduce weight ? Help pls.
I am suffering form pcod problem I have seen in net to take spearmint tea is pudina and spearmint is same can I take pudina boiled in hot water and take please please let me know.
I am 24 years old and I am 5 months pregnant. Please advise if I have sex during this time will it effect the brain of the child, please suggest me.
I have being trying from last 1.5yr to conceive baby but no result then I consult a doctor and took medicine after that in 3month I lost the baby now again trying she have given me duphaston medicine for 10days. Clomipure for 5days inject every month of 3 day period fsh. Injt. All 9 Regular. Bt i am not getting the result I am suffering for pcos also. please advise me what do I do now i am really worried.
I had two miscarriages in the last two years one at 3 rd month another at 5th month. Married 5 years ago. I am a Pcos patient. I don't ovulate regularly. I am on metformin. Last miscarriage on Aug '16 @ 5th month. What at my chances to conceive again? If I wanna go to Ivf what are my chances to conceive? is there any other easy way to conceive? Two times I conceived by using siphene 150 mg. Can I try the same again to conceive again? 1st pregnancy lost due to no heart beat found. 2nd pregnancy lost at almost 22 weeks due to high BP. But I never had a history of high BP. Kindly suggest me on this?
Hi, I am 23 years old girl and I had sex for the very first time on 20th November morning that too unprotected sex. The guy cum outside my body still I took I pill for precaution. I was expecting chums and I started bleeding on 26th night but very lite and not at all consistent. I am worried. Is there any chance of me being pregnant? And my last cycle was on 29th October and I usually don't get regular chums.
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?