Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shikha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShikhaYour feedback matters!
Hi, Had periods on 19th august, so next cycle must start on 19th sep. But had unprotected intercourse on 17th sep. Husband didn't Ejaculate inside me. Today I s 22nd sep, I did not get periods yet. Could I be pregnant in this case? If yes, how can I avoid it. I am not ready to be pregnant yet. Please suggest a tablet to avoid it. Note: - its been 3 days my periods due date is passed -Its been 5 days, had intercourse - 17th is the only time had intercourse in last one month. Thanks.
Hi I am 22 yrs old and I am facong irregular mensurational cycles. Two months once I am getting periods and the flow is lasting for 1 month. Please advise.
I use to do fingering daily. Is it will responsible for any problem in my sex life in future. Should I do fingering daily. If not, how many times in what duration should I do it? And can you please suggest me suggestion to get rid of it?
Dear dr, Weather early symptoms of pregnancy is compulsory be c now my wife has close to 18 day past ovulation and don't have any symptoms. So please let me clear.
Am 37 years old. Taking letrozole from 3 cycles on day 3 to 7. DUPHASTON from 14th (in one cycle 16th) the day of MC. Does DUPHASTON inhibit ovulation?
A girl with menstruation cycle is 32 - 36 having sexual intercourse during the time of her periods on 1 to 4 days. Is there any chance to become pregnant?
Not many people are aware of the term Hymenoplasty. For some people, an intact hymen has a great significance (often an indication of a female virginity). However, you don't always need an intercourse for the hymen sheath (a thin tissue membrane that surrounds the external opening of the vagina) to break. Activities such as horse riding, gymnastics, swimming, to name a few, can play a pivotal role bringing about the rupture of the hymen.
For long, people believed that a hymen, once ruptured, can never be restored. With the advancement of technology, this fact is slowly getting transformed into a myth. With Hymenoplasty (also called as a Hymen reconstruction surgery) one can achieve the impossible i.e reconstruction of a ruptured hymen surgically. Hymenoplasty also comes as a blessing for women born without a hymen. In this case, a Hymenoplasty aids in creating a new hymen, making life a lot easier for the concerned person.
Procedure involved in a Hymenoplasty
- Before opting for a Hymenoplasty, one should have a proper understanding of the surgical procedure, including the pros and the cons. Thus, a consultation with the surgeon (should be experienced with impressive credentials and success rate) is of prime importance.
- Once you are fully prepared (physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially), the surgeon will fix a date for the surgery.
- Hymenoplasty is a hassle-free procedure that involves the following steps.
- Before the surgery, a local anesthesia is given to the patient to make the procedure less painful.
- The ruptured edges of the hymen tissues are then carefully sutured together. The suturing of the hymen is done in such a way that the vaginal opening is not fully covered or concealed.
- In some cases, a new hymen may also be constructed using the flap of skin present in the vaginal lining.
- The entire procedure of Hymenoplasty seldom takes more than two hours. The patient, however, needs to be thoroughly observed and monitored for the next two-three hours (for signs of any complications or extreme side effects and discomfort).
- The complete healing and recovery may take between six-eight weeks.
- In most of the cases, the patient is discharged on the same day.
The risks associated with Hymenoplasty
There is seldom any extreme complications or risks associated with Hymenoplasty. However, mild pain, swelling, tightening of the vaginal wall, and bleeding are some of the side-effects that may persist for a few days following the surgery.
Precautions one must take
The following precautionary measures can work wonders, ensuring a better recovery sans any complications.
- Physical activities such as strenuous exercise, swimming, aerobics should be avoided for at least a few weeks or as recommended by the doctor.
- Do not indulge in sex immediately after Hymenoplasty. In most cases, doctors advise four weeks break from sexual intercourse following the hymen restoration surgery.
- Going for Epsom salt baths (sitting on it) at least twice or thrice a week can work wonders, speeding up the healing process.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!