Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shewta Singh
Submit a review for Dr. Shewta SinghYour feedback matters!
Now a days I feel pain in body and feeling less concentration in study because of this pain what medicine should I take.
I've Headache, body Ache, may be due to sitting in front of laptop for hours. I am a Software consultant. Please suggest.
Cervical spondylosis is a medical term that indicates the wear and tear of the spinal discs of the neck. With the shrinkage and dehydration of the discs, evident signs of osteoarthritis develop in an individual. Visible bony projections of the edges of the bones also become conspicuous. This condition is extremely common and deteriorates with age. It is estimated that an average of 85 percent of people has crossed the age of 60 is affected by cervical spondylosis. While most patients fail to identify any symptoms, but those who do reports pain, stiffness, uneasiness, numbness etc.
What are the possible causes of cervical Spondylosis?
Dehydrated discs: Discs are the cushions between the vertebrae and the spine. Once a person reaches the age of 40, through natural progression, the spiral discs start shrinking and drying up. This allows more bone-to-bone interaction between the vertebrae.
- Herniated discs: Age plays a crucial role and affects the outer covering of the spinal discs. Cracks become visible leading to a condition known as the herniated discs. This condition can press the nerve roots and the spinal cord.
- Bone Spurs: Disc degeneration leads to the production of extra bone to support and strengthen the spine. This is a misguided effort that can affect the nerve root and the spinal cord.
- Stiff ligaments: Ligaments are tissue cords that connect bones. The ligament can become stiff after attending a certain age. Some of the typical symptoms of this condition include loss of bowel movement, numbness of the hands, feet, arms etc, lack of coordination and difficulty in walking.
What is the homeopathy approach?
Homeopathy takes a holistic approach towards treatment. The remedy selection is based on the individualization theory and the specific symptoms encountered by the patient. The aim of homeopathic treatment is to ensure that cervical spondylosis is eradicated from its root rather than just eliminating the symptoms. Before prescribing a medicine, a homeopathic expert considers various aspects such as the location of pain, basic cause of the current condition, extension and modality of the pain. Some of the important medicine that can treat this condition are mentioned below:
- LachnanthesTinctoria: This medicine is prescribed to those who are suffering from a still neck and a dislocated pain. There is a feeling of chilliness in between the shoulders and the pain increases while lying down.
- Phosphoric acid: This medicine is prescribed when the pain is boring in nature. The lifting of objects sharply increases the pain and the patient suffers from occasional nerve exhaustion. The condition improves after a nap.
- Paris Quadrifolia: This medicine is prescribed when the pain moves downwards. There is a feeling of ache, bruising and stiffness in the arms and the shoulders. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!