Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Shanoo SandhuYour feedback matters!
I have leg paining over 2 hours and it is becoming paining then stopped. It is paining too much, what should I do reply fast so I can treat my leg?
Water come from my eyes every now n then please suggest. Also my back pains to much when I get up early morning.
I have back pain for the last six months now it's get severe with leg and flank pain, a fraction of seconds I am feeling like unconscious please provide the remedy.
Is little bit back pain is normal in early pregnency. Mujhe davai khane ke 10 min bd aksar vomate ho jati h so me jana chati thi kya 10 min enough hote h davai ko dissolve hne me.
I am having back pain for 2 to 3 days. Feeling like women today. My weight is 76 and height is 5 ft. 7.5 inch.
I suffer a back and leg pain on left side and I can not sit correctly when I am in work then pain gains more and more.
My age 47/male/HCM patient / wt 67 kgs / BP 130/90 / Nebivel 5 mg / stress work nature. Feeling uncomfortable and kidiness, pain in left chest. Poor family, not able for relevant treatment. Request life advice.
My wife is diagnosed with bipolar disorder depression I heard that there is no permanent cure for that she is only 36 years old with two kids how she and our family survive with this dangerous decease please guide if it can be cured.
I am feeling like vomiting and my body is totally paining but I am not getting any fever but feeling very weak.
I am having back pain from centre of back till the hips. It is paining more day by day. Already consulted doctor. Medicines (mecofol A, powergesic) are not so effective. As I am out of the home for the whole day, when I reach home at night I can barely stand after sit & becomes difficult to sleep at night becoz of pain. Are their any home remedy apart from medications to solve my pain?
Is backpain giddiness and loss of energy anyway related to menopause and if so what should a woman do to overcome all the pain and regain her energy.
Hi I am having back pain from past 4 days. I cannot able to sit and also sleep properly. Please suggest some tithing to get rid of this pain.
Hi, i have a question that my both hand vibrating very badly. When I picked something in my hand then my hand not stable even if it is light in weight. Please help me in proper direction.
What is the best way to keep away my back pain and fungus in my nails please tell me the best prescription. I am very thankful to you if you help me.
Heel pains can be extremely annoying. Most people experience the pain either behind the heel or just under it. Heel pain can affect anyone, irrespective of their age and sex. The pain, though common, seldom poses a threat or any serious health complications.
Factors responsible for heel pain
Walking, running or exercise, the heel bone or calcaneus bears the maximum stress. It acts a shield and provides strong support to the body. However, an injury, infection, or some medical conditions can affect (damage) the heel, resulting in a mild to severe pain. Heel pain can be triggered by;
Plantar Fasciitis: It is one of the most common causes of heel pain. Plantar Fasciitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of plantar fascia (tissue connecting the tip of the foot to the heel). The inflammation mainly results from overstretched plantar fascia. Tight calf muscles (Achilles tendons), obesity, strenuous physical activities, faulty footwear or flat feet can overstretch the plantar fascia.
- Posterior tibial neuralgia or Tarsal tunnel syndrome (TTS): TTS is a painful compression neuropathy (ankle or foot) where there is compression of the tibial nerve.
- Heel bursitis: In heel bursitis, the retrocalcaneal bursa (located at the back of the heel) gets inflamed. Excessive pressure from the footwear or improper landing on the heel acts as a catalyst, resulting in the inflammation. In heel bursitis, one experiences the pain behind the heel or deep within the heel.
Severe inflammation of the heel pain
- Achilles tendinitis: In Achilles tendinitis, there is an injury to the Achilles tendon (tissue that connects the heel bone to the calf bone). Continuous and repeated stress and pressure on the Achilles tendon cause the injury. Though anyone can be affected by Achilles tendinitis, it mostly affects runners and sports person.
- Sever's disease: Common among children (7-15 years), Sever's disease occurs when there is an inflammation of the epiphyseal plate (growth plate) in the heel.
- Heel bumps: It results from an excessive rubbing of the immature heel bone. Teenagers are mostly affected by this. Heel bumps can also affect ladies wearing high heels while their heel bones are yet not matured.
- Conditions like, Gout, Bone cyst, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Bone inflammation due to infection (Osteomyelitis), Peripheral neuropathy, Morton's neuroma can also cause the heel pain.
Treatment and Prevention:
Seek medical assistance in case of
- Heel pain accompanied by fever, swelling, and numbness.
- Pain that lasts longer than usual.
- Difficulty in bending the foot downwards.
- The heel pains even when you are resting.
- Physiotherapy is the best way to deal with a heel pain.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also effective against heel pain.
- Assistive devices such as Insoles and orthotics can help speed up the healing process.
- Night splints, fitted to the foot and the calf at night (before sleep) can provide great relief.
- In extreme cases, surgery may be recommended.
- Rest as much as possible.
- Go for proper fitted, good quality footwear.
- Apply ice compress on the affected area.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- A proper warm-up prior to any sports activities or exercise.