In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a process of fertilisation where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body. IVF is a type of assisted reproductive technology used for infertility treatment and gestational surrogacy, in which a fertilised egg is implanted into a surrogate's uterus, and the resulting child is genetically unrelated to the surrogate.read more
Find numerous IVF Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find IVF Specialists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best IVF Specialists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalini Yadav
Treatment of Infertility
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Sperm Donor Program
Natural Cycle Ivf Treatment
Management of High-Risk Pregnancy
Artificial Insemination Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Egg Donation Procedure
Treating Disorders of The Unborn Child
Fertilisation In Vitro - Embryo Transfer (Ivf - Et
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (Icsi) Procedure
Embryo Donor Program
Evaluation & Treatment of Infertility
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini YadavYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Shalini Yadav provides answers that are very helpful. Forgot to write my problem of conceiving. So all procedure i have done.a good is who understands the problem of patients without her questions after seeing her report and u r.thanks
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shalini Yadav to be very helpful, caring and knowledgeable. Thanks lot mam
Dr. Shalini Yadav provides answers that are very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you for the reply mam.
She is a good doctor as pet my experience bcoz she cleared my all doubts and explain me everything
She is very good in nature.listened carefully and told the precautions in detail.
Very nice , she explains everything nicely. She gives proper time and attention .
It was wonderful and we were completely satisfied
Sir me pregnancy plan kar rahi ho doctor se unhone mujhe vageston 300 tablet di hi ye tablet pregnant hone me help hogi ya nahi.
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a process of fertilisation where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body. IVF is a type of assisted reproductive technology used for infertility treatment and gestational surrogacy, in which a fertilised egg is implanted into a surrogate's uterus, and the resulting child is genetically unrelated to the surrogate.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a very common treatment for infertility. This process of fertilization involves, extracting eggs, retrieve a sperm sample and then get the egg and sperm combined manually in a laboratory dish. The embryo then gets transferred to the uterus. It is an artificial way to conceive and applicable for couples who cannot have children conventionally.
Problems Which Lead To In Vitro Fertilization
Now we will have a look at the problems which ultimately force couples to go for IVF and conceive children through artificial procedures:
Infertility Issues in Female: Generally for women, they produce the egg and then it’s about moving it to the uterus where the sperm can fertilize it. When everything goes well, the fertilized egg goes on to become an embryo and then it gets implanted on the wall of the uterus and grows accordingly. Any deviation from this normal process can lead to infertility.
One of the most common causes of infertility among females is Endometriosis. Endometriosis causes scar tissue which results in the blockage of fallopian tubes. In some other cases, there may not be any blockage in the fallopian tubes but there might be difficulty in moving the egg along to the uterus where the fertilization can take place. In such a situation, IVF helps to the get the eggs extracted directly from the ovaries, fertilize them in the lab, hence avoid the problems of the fallopian tubes.
Problems With Ovulation Can Be Another Cause Of Infertility: Ovulation problems generally occur for women who are aged 35 years or over and can have issues in producing good quality eggs. This is where IVF can come into play. It can get the woman’s ovaries stimulated by fertility drugs, help produce a number of eggs and then allow them to be fertilized in the laboratory. In Vitro Fertilization helps in giving greater control, when there is a possibility of multiple births, rather than using only the fertility drugs. IVF makes sure to use donor eggs from a donor younger woman, which in turn largely improves the possibility of a woman, who is 40 years old or more than that, to get pregnant.
Infertility Issues Among Males: For males, it is about producing healthy sperm and get them inside a woman’s uterus, so that there is a chance of an egg fertilization. Now, infertility problems arise, if anything goes wrong with this particular process. One of the main problems could be, low sperm count, which fails to penetrate the egg, while other issues could be, sperm is unable to survive in the uterus’s mucus, problem with intercourse, tube blockage. Males can get rid of these problems through IVF treatment, where the sperm could get extracted from the testicles, avoiding the blockages and hence used for fertilization of eggs in the lab.
So, this segment has talked of what IVF is all about and what kind of problems among males and females could lead to IVF treatment.
A couple endures a lot when planning for a pregnancy. Years of planning can make the bond between the partners strong, but it shakes their hope and confidence. IVF is a boon for couples who had to put up with infertility for years. But the emotional upheavals are not easy to handle. The emotional stress and anxiety can have a negative impact on the IVF treatment. Sadly, while many couples are aware of this, they cannot come out of it easily.
- Choose the right people: People are nosy, especially when a woman is not getting pregnant for long. This can certainly irk any woman. If social pressure has already ensured and your confidence levels are low, you will stay aloof. Initially, you would be happy to stay off from unwanted people but this is not going to work for long. After some time, you would be dwelling in your own state of mind, and this just adds to the anxiety. The best option is to mingle with the right set of people. Find your well-wishers and stop isolating yourself. You can also join the support groups and spend quality time with empathetic people.
- Stop worrying and start living: Concentrate on the day, and do not worry about the future. Live in day-tight compartments. Thinking too much can make one emotionally fragile, and eventually end up in imaginary fears. Create a tight schedule for you, and follow it religiously. You cannot afford to let your mind stay free for more than 30 minutes. Yes, keep yourself occupied.
- Equip yourself updated with info: This is one area where you can explore. There are women who conceived naturally even after 40 years of age. A few women had failed multiple pregnancies through IVF but succeeded by being strong. Find the expert in this genre. Zero down the best clinic and the doctor. You will be able to find a successful doctor. You also get to know the best questions to ask your doctor.
- Maintaining equilibrium: If you are successful in maintaining composure, it means that your journey half successful already. Work with your partner about the treatment plan, and workout on the financial part of the IVF treatment. This helps you to turn a deaf ear to the insensitive questions. It is not only the external trigger that can create an emotional disturbance. You can try various stress-busting techniques. It need not be yoga, exercise always. Spend quality time with spouse, friends, or even watch your favorite play. Spend hours on the beach, or take a break from work, and immerse yourself in enjoyment.
- Speak to your doctor: At times, emotional upheaval can be because of the drugs you take, or hormonal imbalances. So, the doctor will help you out here, and nothing else can. Trust your doctor, and understand the IVF treatment process. It is safe and successful most of the times.
Only when you are off from the emotional disturbances, you will be able to find the solution. Infertility can affect the quality of your life. But, it is a part and parcel of your life. Do not let it ruin your life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I am not pregnant. Doctor advice me to take ginette 35 before 21 days date. Can I take this right. What is this use.
I have bilateral fimbrial block and have taken opinion from 3-4 doctors and they said IVF is the only option. One of the doctor told me that if I undergo laparoscopy than there's a chances of ectopic pregnancy in future. What will be the best option?
IVF, as we all know is an assisted reproductive technology. This is a process of fertilization by extracting eggs, retrieve a sperm sample and then manually get an egg and sperm to combine in a laboratory dish. The embryo then gets transferred to the uterus.
Now before going deep into the advantages and disadvantages of IVF, let’s take a look the kind of patients, on whom IVF can be used to treat the problem of infertility:
Women who have damaged or blocked fallopian tubes. Fallopian tubes refer to the pair of tubes through which eggs pass through to the uterus from the ovaries.
Males, who are suffering from infertility due to decreased sperm count.Any individual who has genetic disorder.
IVF helps many patients to conceive, who would otherwise be unable to have children following the conventional path. Achieving a successful pregnancy along with the delivery of a healthy baby is the ultimate objective of In Vitro Fertilization. Some other advantages are discussed below as follows:
- Have A Child Using Their Own Eggs: IVF allows Women, who have their fallopian tubes blocked or damaged, with the best alternative to conceive child artificially through the usage of their own eggs.
- Patients With A Low Ovarian Reserve: IVF helps to maximize the chance of conceiving among older patients. Generally some fertility clinics use Natural IVF as it’s main focus is more on the quality of eggs, rather than quantity.
- Help Males Get Rid Of Their Infertility: Males with infertility problems, as a result of low sperm count, will have much higher chance of conceiving through IVF.
- Assist Women Who Have Had Premature Ovarian Failure: Premature Ovarian Failure or Menopause among women can go through IVF treatment using donor eggs, which has been known to have high success rates.
- Safe Track Record: It was in the year 1978, when the first ‘IVF baby’, Lousie Brown was born using Natural IVF. It’s been 40 years since then and the technology has advanced with refined techniques, which has helped create safer, successful treatments.
There are certain disadvantages with this form of infertility treatment as well. Some of them are discussed below:
- Side Effects and Risks Associated With IVF: In Vitro Fertilization treatment is not without certain risks and side effects, the most severe one being ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome.
- Women Can Have A Slightly Higher Chance Of Ectopic Pregnancy: For women having damaged fallopian tubes, IVF treatment can lead to the risk of ectopic pregnancy. In this type of pregnancy, the fertilized egg gets attached in a place other than inside the uterus.
- IVF Is Not Always A Success: One cycle of IVF may not bring success, hence patients well need to go through multiple cycles before being treated completely.
So, one can get a fair idea about the benefits and drawbacks of IVF treatment, which would ultimately help patients to take decisions accordingly.