Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Im 6 weeks pregnant but from last week im little bit bleeding and in sonogram Dr. could see only sac no fetal pole nor yolk sac. Can be it early scan because im always have irregular periods.
My periods are 2 days late , I checked on I can preg check but it's pregnancy negative . But I am scared . I don't want to be pregnant now . Please advice ?
After multiple patients have asked us about the authenticity of oil pulling as a technique, here's what we have to say:
There is no denying all of us wait for a miracle cure to that terrible disease called dental decay. Much of a dentists or a dental hygienists time goes into answering the question,
why do cavities happen? or how do I prevent cavities?
While people usually assume the answer is brushing and flossing there are some lesser known ancient techniques and some ultramodern gadgets that have contributed to our arsenal of options to keep your mouth healthy.
Oil pulling being one of them has been in the limelight of late.
What is oil pulling?
This oral therapy is a type of ayurvedic medicine that dates back 3, 000 years. It involves swishing approximately 1 tablespoon of oil typically coconut, sesame, or sunflower oil in semisolid form (as shown in the pic) in your mouth for about 20 minutes and then spitting it out.
Start with just 5 minutes a day. Twenty minutes of swishing is a long time, and while the longer you pull, the more bacteria you'll remove, 5 or 10 minutes will still offer some benefit.
A gentle swishing, pushing, and sucking the oil through the teeth is all that's required
Don't swallow. if you find it hard not to, you likely have too much oil in your mouth, spit it out and try again with a smaller amount. just discard the used oil into the nearest cup or trash can.
Why oil pulling? how does it work?
Recent studies show that oil pulling helps against gingivitis, plaque, and microorganisms that cause bad breath.
How? most microorganisms inhabiting the mouth consist of a single cell, cells are covered with a lipid, or fatty, membrane, which is the cell's skin. When these cells come into contact with oil, a fat, they naturally adhere to each other.
Use coconut oil. While you can get the same bacteria-fighting benefits with sesame or sunflower oil, coconut oil has the added benefit of lauric acid, which is well-known for its anti-microbial agents. Also, a recent study found that coconut oil may help prevent tooth decay.
coconut and sunflower oil aren't the only oils with dental health benefits. For irritated, inflamed gums, rub a little vitamin e oil directly on the surface. It's rich in antioxidants, easily absorbed, and helps regenerate healthy gum tissue.
Whitening teeth by keeping clean and smooth surfaces that do not lodge food.
Eliminates bad breath
Preventing gum infections caused by harmful bacteria in the mouth
It doesn't reverse the effects of tooth decay, but it's a great supplemental therapy to reduce the bacterial count in the mouth thereby decreasing the likelihood of decay and other dental and systemic diseases.
The only disclaimer we would want to put in is
Do not ingest or swallow the oil in all your enthusiasm and,
Don't skip brushing and flossing. Oil pulling should never replace routine dental visits and traditional home oral care.
While oil pulling can't change your life or make you never need to go to a dentist again -try it for yourself, if it reduces your chances of decay and maybe even helps you ace your next dental visit with no new cavities.
We say thumbs up! pull away!
Please try this safe and natural practice and let us know how you find it in the comments section.
I want to know about vaccination to be given to a pregnant women,\as my wife is 16 weeks pregnant (first pregnancy), which vaccines required to be given to my wife to avoid any abnormalities to my wife and my unborn baby.
I want to know I have severe pain earlier in my abdomen and my doctor told that I have cyst in my ovaries and it need to be removed so I get my operate before marriage but at that time it cause no harm to my ovaries but now till 3 years of my marriage I dnt have baby and now I am suffering from usually small ovarian and thin endometrium problem is it due to that operate of cyst bcoz my hormone report is good no problem in that plzzz help.
In order to spice up their relationship, couples can sometimes consider the option of anal intercourse instead of vaginal intercourse. Some recent studies have suggested that anal sex is actually bad for your health and can also result in severe and life threatening conditions.
Below are a few reasons that will make you aware of the risks of involving in anal sex. They are as follows:
- Fissures or piles: The anal tissues are non-stretchable and thereby an insertion of the penis into your partner’s anus can lead to tearing of the anus which might make your partner prone to anal fissures or piles. Besides, anal sex can cause severe pain while excretion the morning after, as there can be a significant weakening of the anal muscles.
- Increases the chances of anal cancer: If you and your partner frequently engage in anal sex, your partner’s chances of getting anal cancer increases as the act can initiate the transmission of the Human Papillomavirus (the virus responsible for anal cancer).
- Bacterial infection: Anus is a place designed to hold and facilitate the passing of faeces. This makes it a fertile breeding ground and holding area for bacteria. Through insertion, there is a high chance that you can be infected through your partner’s bacteria. Also if vaginal intercourse occurs immediately after anal intercourse, your partner can also get affected by the bacteria that transfer from the anus to the vagina. It can cause UTIs or urinary tract infections at the least and more serious infections as well.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Contrary to popular opinions, having unprotected anal sex can actually increase the chance of getting HIV and other deadly STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). As the anal tissues are extremely fragile, the risk of the transmission of sexually transmitted infections in the bloodstream remains quite high for both the partners involved. Even if you’re using a condom whilst engaging in the act, the chances of getting STD’s looms large as condoms are more prone to breakages during anal sex.
- You can still get pregnant: Engaging in unprotected anal sex does not really mean that you cannot actually get pregnant from it. There is a slight chance of semen leakage from the anus which can seep into the vagina and result in pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
An woman is in menstrual cycle for 7 days. So when she is bleeding, is that the time for safe sex according to the answer given above. Or is it after the 7th day that is considered as safe to have sex.
First intercourse on 9th july last intercourse 14th july. Was on pills. Pill pack ended on 28th july bleeding from. 1-6 aug. No pills after that. Hpt with first morning urine at 4,5,6,7,8 all negative. Period due on 1st sept not occurred till 8th. Usg report on 8th sept shows bulky anteverted uterus with normal myometrial echo texture, no collection seen in pod, no sol seen, cervix normal no collection in endometrial cavity Ovaries bulky with tiny follicles arranged peripherally. Nothing else was mentioned there. Serum beta hcg level on 8th sept (10 weeks after first intercourse and 8-9 weeks after last intercourse) was 0.11 I got my periods on 11th sept after taking juz 1 dose of deviry. Before period was too bloated and had sore breast which gone after menses occurred. Was too stressed had bag gas. Still now this system persist. Is their any risk of pregnancy? Can beta hcg be wrong after so many days? M I safe? Why their is still a bloating in lower abdomen. If its a pms when will it go? Period started on 11th sept still continuing. Its red in color heavy during first 3 days and today its red but not as heavy as first day.
Ive been bulimic for 6 years now. And I want to to break this cycle of constant benign and purging. Please suggest me some basic milestones for how can I recover myself.
I have hypothyroidism problem. I am using medicine for that. Now my wife is pregnant. Any special medicine or precautions to take to protect the baby from thyroid problem. (I heard that thyroid problems are genetically)
I had my last period on 7 April and I had an unprotected sex with my bf on 13 April. I had an ipill immediately after that. After a week I got my virginal bleeding I had done blood test which was negative. Since I did not got my periods on expected date so I did the blood test which was negative and took deviry 2 whole packs. And now it's 20 I am having very bad leg pain. Which is the symptoms of periods. When will I get my periods. Today it's the 8 day after stopping that tablet.
Dear doctor, am facing the problem f sagging breasts. Am really worried. I hav a strong passion and interest towards dance but due to this problem my confidence level s low and am unable to participate. After a gap I joined dance class and I hav to prevent breast from sagging. Am 24 and my height is 153cms nd weight is 54kgs. Am having a regular period. 28days cyclic and 3 days of Menstruation. Really need a solution to get rid of and suggestion regarding wot typ of inners I hav to wear. Thank yu:)
Hello doc, I had an unprotected sex last month. She missed her periods this month and pregnancy test came positive. We both are quite young and don't want this pregnancy. What options do we have. Please help.
HPV or human papillomavirus is a strain of viral infection that is usually passed through skin to skin contact. There are many varieties of HPV although the main focus is one the ones, which are usually transmitted through sexual contact. Most sexually active people are infected by this disease although very few develop the full fledged symptoms.
Symptoms of HPV: Primary symptoms of HPV are the growth of warts on your body in various stages or in various areas. Some of them are:
- Typical common warts: The easiest way to spot an HPV infection is the development of common warts on any parts of the body. They could appear on elbows, hands, feet and fingers. These look like bumps on the skin and although they aren't usually are painful and itchy, but are unsightly.
- Flat warts: Flat warts tend to be small smooth bumps, which are slightly raised skin lesions on the body which can be a little darker in colour. Men usually get this in the beard and face area while women tend to get this on their legs.
- Plantar warts: These warts usually grow on the heels or the balls of the feet and are hard grainy growths. These can be painful and even cause discomfort while walking.
- Genital warts: This is one of the most obvious and most common symptoms of HPV, especially in the variety, which is transmitted through sexual contact. These usually look like small bumps or protrusions on the skin and can be of different shapes. Women can have this on the vulva, vagina or even cervix and men can have this on the penis, scrotum, and adjacent areas. Both men and women can have this on their anus as well.
Causes of HPV: The primary cause of HPV infection is the intrusion of the virus in your skin through small cuts or abrasions on your skin. Skin to skin contact with an infected person will transfer this. However, genital warts are usually transferred from skin to during sexual contact. Even oral sex can transmit HPV and cause lesions in the upper respiratory tract and cause breathing problems as well. Most warts can also be transferred with the contact or touching the wart directly and thus should be avoided.