Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema SantoshYour feedback matters!
Hi, my wife is in 9 month of her pregnancy, is it ok to have intercourse, coz our first baby was normal delivery.
Jaise maine pucha tha apko sex ke bare mai but sir period nahe ayaa 25th ko to pregenancy test kru ya nahi kyu ke period ka date uska up and down hota hai to mai check kru ya sab normal hai please give me reply.
Hi Doctor I am Amrita and my age is 16. Doctors I have my first periods today before it my periods never happened today it's first time. It's too painful what should I do. I don't know anything periods and also don't know what to do in periods so please help me.
After period having pain and feeling like discharging something but there is no blood at all? What to do?
2.5 months back i took an contraceptive pill. After that on seventth day i got my periods. After that i m yet to get my periods. What could it be?
Hello I have my gf I so sex after it my gf havnt there period last 1 month 12 days I ask you what to do now?
Does enlarged yolk sack always end in miscarriage or abortion? My last usg shows proper growth of the baby with 177 heartbeat but got enlarged yolk sac almost 9 mm.
Hirsutism is a condition of unwanted hair growth in certain areas of a women's face and body, such as upper lip, beard area, chest and abdomen, that creates a "male pattern" of hair growth. It affects around 5-10% of the women and is a common presenting complaint among females for cosmetic reasons.
Hirsutism is attributed either to increased production or increased sensitivity of the hair follicles to the male hormone- testosterone. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual cycles, is the main cause of the same. However in some cases the reasons for the same can be unknown as all reports may seem normal. Such a type is called Idiopathic Hirsutism. It is important for women to not feel shy and embarrassed about the situation. Often resorting to excessive bleaching and razers can harm the skin and the self image of a woman. You should come forward and talk to either a Gyneacologist or an Endocrinologist. The doctors after taking the complete history would advice certain tests that would measure the amount of certain hormones in the blood. If the androgen levels are elevated, doctor may recommend an ultrasound or a CT scan to check ovaries and adrenal glands for tumors or cysts.
The main causes of Hirsutism are:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: In 70% of the cases PCOS is the cause of Hirsutism. Women with PCOS often have hirsutism in combination with acne, balding near the front of the head, and menstrual irregularities. PCOS is also accompanied by infertility (due to menstrual irregularity), obesity, diabetes , High cholesterol and possible heart disease.
- Idiopathic Hirsutism: Idiopathic hirsutism refers to hirsutism that has no identifiable cause. It is usually a mild variation of PCOS. A gradual increased growth of coarse body hair is typically the only symptom in women with this condition. Menstrual cycles are normal in women with idiopathic hirsutism.
- Drug Induced: Certain drugs and steroids taken the past can trigger a hormonal imbalance and cause hirsutism
- Adrenal or tumour causes: These are rare and are related to tumours or abnormal functioning of the adrenal gland.
Since Hirsutism can be a combination of medical issues self medication is not recommended. There are a variety of ways through which the same can be managed or cured. The treatment options are:
- Medical Management: The doctors can recommend a combination of drugs such as oral contraceptives (contain estrogen & progestin that inhibits the male hormone), anti-androgens and insulin sensitive drugs.
- Cosmetic Hair Removal: Electrolysis and the modern day safe Laser therapy are sought after cosmetic ways for removal of unwanted hair. The procedures destroy the hair follicles and prevent the hair from growing.
- Surgical Therapy: Only in specific cases Laparoscopic ovarian drilling or removal of ovarian & adrenal tumours can help treat Hirsutism.
It is important to understand that this problem is medical and can be treated, managed and cured with expert advice & guidance. Women usually get depressed and have image issues. One should not get distressed; it may be a possibility that the reason may be just a little imbalance in your hormones. Eating healthy, weight loss and exercise are tried and tested natural ways to keep your body fit & balanced.
4 ways to never fall sick at season change
It is your body's immune system that stands between you and the germs. But sometimes it can fail to protect you against disease-causing microbes.
Nonetheless, there are ways in which you can significantly boost your body's immune system and these are:
1. Get adequate sleep and manage your stress well
Depriving yourself of sleep as well as being under stress all the time can hinder the functioning of your immune system. These two actions can bring about an increase in the production of cortisol or the stress hormone and a decrease in the production of protective proteins called cytokines that act against infection or inflammation. Moreover, research shows that individuals who don't get adequate quality sleep are more prone to falling sick.
2. Include fruits, vegetables and nuts in your diet
For boosting your immunity, you need to have an adequate amount of fruits and vegetables as well as nuts. This is because the strength of your immunity rests on nutrients that are supplied to your body. In order for your immune system to experience the beneficial effects of the various nutrients including vitamins and minerals, oats, barley, carrots and cauliflower are few of the immunity-boosting foods that you need to include in your diet.
A test conducted on a group of older adults reveal that upping the consumption of fruits and vegetables improved antibody reaction to the Pneumovax vaccine, which is given out to protect against the bacteria called streptococcus pneumonia.
3. Soak in some sun
Vitamin d obtained from the sun can help in boosting your immune system. Research by the university of Copenhagen has revealed that vitamin d or sunshine vitamin is vital for triggering and arming your body's t cells (a form of white blood cells responsible for killing bacteria or virus infected cells) against disease-causing microorganisms. In order for these cells to be activated, sufficient amount of vitamin d must be made available in the blood.
4. Say 'yes' to exercise
Just as certain foods play an important role in strengthening the immune system, exercise is also essential for promoting general good health and a strong immune system. It helps in improving the flow of blood, enabling the ease of movement of cells and substances throughout the body, thereby allowing them to work efficiently.