Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sapna
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SapnaYour feedback matters!
Hi, Aagr mai apni wife k sath unprotected sex kru to uske pregnant hone k chances kab sab se kam hai. Periods ke baad ya periods se pehle. Please suggest.
The urinary system in both men and women are susceptible to infections and many other internal disorders. Although many of the disorders may be caused due to underlying diseases or hereditary causes, many others may be caused due to bad life style habits as well as personal hygiene issues. Personal hygiene issues will not only lead to infections, but if left unchanged, may cause more serious problems such as tumors overtime. However, with the help of some basic tips and following some daily routine, you can ensure good urological health overtime. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Drink plenty of water daily: This is applicable to both men and women and it is important, especially in a country like India where hot and humid conditions prevail for most of the time. A common figure quoted most of the time is 2 to 3 liters of water daily although this is quite arbitrary and may change from person to person and climate to climate. What is important is that you should remain hydrated and calculate an ideal amount of water consumption. This is necessary to stop stone formation in the gallbladder, kidney, ureter and other areas of the genitourinary system.
- Cleaning tips for men: It is important to ensure proper hygiene for good penile health. Uncircumcised males should retract their foreskin while taking a bath and clean out the smegma or white accumulations from around the glans. This will reduce the chances of inflammations and urinary tract infections from occurring. Circumcised males should thoroughly wash the penis as well to keep it clean.
- Regular ejaculation: Men are advised to ejaculate regularly either through masturbation or through sexual stimulation as it is beneficial in many ways. Ejaculation helps clear the tracts, exercises the prostate and also keeps the pattern of proper blood flow to the penis active. It maintains urological health as well as you sexual health.
- Don’t hold your urine for too long: Although this is especially applicable for women, it can be bad for men too. Holding the urine within your body for too long may result in an infection and may also make your bladder muscles weaker resulting in urinary incontinence later in life. Women, especially should be careful as they have a shorter urethra leading from the bladder and thus are more prone to getting urinary tract infections in this manner.
- Avoid harsh soaps and use milder ones to regularly cleanse the groin area: The groin is one of the moistest areas, as it remains covered up most of the time. This makes it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It is important that you clean this area every day thoroughly with mild soap. Also, after urination, women should wipe front to back i.e. from the opening of the vagina towards the anus while wiping down after urinating or cleaning. This is to ensure that fecal bacteria don’t get into the vagina as it can cause a host of infections.
- Tips for sexual intercourse: It is important for both men and women to urinate, wash and clean after sexual intercourse as this can help clean the bacteria that may have come from one partner’s genitals into the other. Women should especially follow this advice as it can help keep many infections at bay.
- Changes in certain foods: Reduce caffeine intake through tea or coffee as it can irritate your bladder. It can also act as a diuretic which makes you urinate frequently. This will result in your bladder becoming weaker. Also reduce salt intake as it can increase blood pressure and end up damaging the kidney to the point of permanent kidney damage or kidney failure.
Apple cider vinegar is the sort of a super food which takes care of multiple health problems for us. The most fabulous news probably is, that it helps in weight loss too. The ideal way to consume acv is by mixing a teaspoon in a cup of water and drinking before meals. Here are a few ways by which you can lose weight with apple cider vinegar:
The organic acids and enzymes in apple cider vinegar help speed metabolism which in turn helps burn fat at a much faster rate.
Apple cider vinegar is also said to help detox our bodies by absorbing the toxins and causing the bowel movement to improve.
It also helps stop those sugar cravings we have in between meals, in turn stopping us from overeating or eating in between the meals.
Apple cider vinegar also helps in making one feel full, thus suppressing one's appetite.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I have 31 weeks pregnancy. Before pregnancy my weight was 50 kg. In 25 weeks my weight was 55 kg. During this 5-6 weeks my weight doesn't increase anymore. Please tell me how it will increase.
Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I have recently suffered from intermenstrual bleeding with a burning sensation. I also suffering from irregular period and vaginal itching all of a sudden. Please help.
Plz tell me im worried about my periods I should have got 19 march its almost going to be one month late. Im not sexually active. Im taking m. E.N.S.O.O.N tablet for delayed periods how many days I should wait to get periods. Even I completed 6 tablets of it. Again after 2 days im taking m. E. N. S. O. O. N. please tell me wat b reason and is it ok to miss periods like dis. Almost 20 days delayed.
When periods am suffering from heavy stomach pain, back pain, leg pain whole day. Is this becoz of gastric? Any home remedies is there?
Sjögren’s Syndrome/Sicca syndorme is a condition which is an autoimmune disease. This condition has no treatment with conventional system of medicines. Patients are advised to survive on Steroidal Remedies or immunosuppressive medicines. These medicines have severe side effects on the body and lead to the poor quality of life. A patient doesn’t get the relief from the disease. But starts inviting other complications with all such treatments. Sukhayu Ayurved is a prime institution Sjögren's Syndrome treatment in Ayurveda of Ayurveda where we are providing Sjögren’s Syndrome treatment in Ayurveda.
What happens in Sjögren’s Syndrome?
Dry eyes and dry mouth are two main symptoms which appear in Sjögren’s Syndrome. Other than these there are several other symptoms too
- Joint pain is another common symptom of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Morning stiffness might be present just similar to the rheumatoid arthritis. Prolonged fatigue and tiredness also appear in these cases.
- Because of lack of saliva- salivary glands start swelling up. This happens due to heavy working of the glands. Skin rashes along with dry skin is also another symptom of Sjögren’s Syndrome. Due to dryness in throat, patients come with a complaint of regular dry cough.
- Apart from all these signs and symptoms the most common thing in Sjögren’s Syndrome is – dry eyes and dry mouth. The noun dry eye syndrome and dry mouth syndrome are also in use because of the commonness of these symptoms.
Ayurveda About Sjögren’s Syndrome
The main thing in the treatment is the correct diagnosis. Until unless we don’t have the correct diagnosis in Ayurvedic terms, it is hard to treat or take a case for any of the diseases. When it comes to the Sjögren’s Syndrome, team of Sukhayu Ayurved has worked hard to pinpoint the ayurvedic diagnosis. This is Udaka Vaha Srotas Dushti! If we look at the classical reference of the same we find the same-
जिह्वा तालु ओष्ठ कण्ठ क्लोम शोषम पिपासां चातिवृद्धम दृष्ट्वोदकव्हानयस्य स्रोतांसि प्रदुष्टनीति विद्यात!
चरक विमान स्थान ५/८
In this reference Charaka says that this is the “turbulence” in the Udaka Vaha Srotas. Which leads to the dryness of the tongue, palate, lips and throat along with excessive thirst. This is the thing which has similar reference to the Sjögren’s Syndrome.
Sjögren’s Syndrome Treatment in Ayurveda
Once we have a direct reference to the diagnosis, we need the Chikitsa Sutra and that we find in the same reference very much loud and clear- तृष्णोपशामनि तथैवामप्रदोषीकी! That clearly indicates that we should work on the toxins- Aama, which are the main thing in any of the autoimmune or immune system related conditions- which are the root cause of the problem. Along with that we need to pacify the thirst.
In Ayurved every treatment is given in terms of Sutra- the line of treatment and we follow the text as it is in every case, whether it is a complicated cancer and Sjögren’s Syndrome or simple fever. The actual treatment is given in accordance to the condition of the patient. Bio-constitution (Prakriti) and complete examination of the patient, is important in Ayurved.
For Sjögren’s Syndrome treatment in Ayurveda, a patient needs to stay with us for 16 days, we give Basti treatment along with medicines- in start it is an IPD treatment later on you need to continue the medicines for 5 to 6 months for complete control on the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.