Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santosh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SantoshYour feedback matters!
Am 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant, my doctor done PV for me and told that cervix is not ripened at all. Is it possible for a normal delivery.
Hi, me and my friend who is a married male, became physical with each other for 3 continuous days, which was a mutual decision. He tried to penetrate but it could not work out. The penis went only half the way inside. Whenever he used to insert inside me, at one point, I used to pain a lot, so he had to stop there every time. So he told me that my hymen did not break yet, which means I am still a virgin. He did not wear condom at all at every act. I have a slight pain inside my vagina where he tried to insert. Is there any special tablet for this pain? And is there any chance of any infection or by chance pregnancy? As this was my first ever time to have sex, so m quite conscious about it. Please guide regarding this and even the inside pain. Tell me a tablet to cure the pain or if there is any internal swelling which I am not aware about. I want to avoid all the negative consequences. Would be really very thankful.
I had sex one week ago. I have a 28 days menstrual cycle. Though some times my period occurs 2-3days earlier or later than the expected date. Last month my period started on 3rd june. And my expected next period starting day was on 1st july. But, it arrived today, 4rth july in the afternoon. It was bloodish red in colour as it usually remains on the starting. I'm also having period like cramps as I get in every period. But, I have not got heavy flow yet till now (9.00pm). Is it implantation bleeding or i'm on my period?
I need a homeopathy cure for urethral inflammation occurring repeatedly due to hot weather effect or due to taking food having hot effect like Meat, garlic. Ginger, Onion or spices like Cloves, Cinnamon etc. Actually the skin in the urethra is inflamed as I have a skin problem & the urine contains stink due to which I loose weight & vigour. I am 70 years old. I had a case of suppressed Gonorrhea. I don't use antibiotics as it has developed resistance. Previously I use to take R 21+R 1+ Sharda boiron biochemic formulation 20+ hydrates Q which use to give relief. But now this not proving effective. Due to this urethritis I also get psoriasis like skin problems on hands & elbows which subside the moment urethral problems is over. I am now taking Echnacea Q to with cant 200 to escape burning. Now need a skin healing medicine. Thanks.
Menstruation is a physically painful affair for many women. Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. In some cases, this situation can continue for the whole week, making it difficult to get any work done. This pain is also known as dysmenorrhea. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
- Pulsatilla: Made from windflower, this is one of the oldest forms of homeopathic medication. Pulsatilla is suited to sensitive women and can be used to treat both irregular and painful menses. It also helps deal with over sensitivity and mood changes. Pulsatilla is most useful when taken between periods.
- Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
- Magnesium Phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with Magnesium Phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux Vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
- Cimicifuga: Cimicifuga is very effective when it comes to treating painful muscular cramps. Women who need cimicifuga will find that as the flow increases, so do the cramps. These women also suffer from headaches, severe abdominal pain and shooting pains in the thighs. Along with pain, it also helps treat nervousness that may be a result of the menstrual discomfort.
- Chamomilla: Every woman deals with her pain in a different way. For some women, passive movement like driving a car can help alleviate pain. In such cases, the use of chamomilla can be very beneficial. It also helps with clotted bleeding and bleeding between periods.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in Homeopathy will help the patients get relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 22 years old. I had medical abortion and its been around 20 days. So I want to ask that can I get physically intimate with my partner now?
Here debunking 8 popular health myths-
1) Watch your portions: This rule is the source of major eating disorders. The moment we curb or restrict the food we're eating, we also stop agreeing with our hunger levels. We ignore the body’s demand. Instead of controlling your portion size, try asking 'Am I full? Am I still hungry?'
2) Exercise all the time: Exercise is certainly good. It helps in relieving the stress. However, vigorous exercise when you have cold or are feeling unwell may have a damaging effect. Always try to ask yourself, "Am I feeling better after doing exercise?" If the answer is "yes", keep at it. If you feel otherwise take a break.
3) Minimise your caffeine intake: Although excess of coffee can be bad, it is not really a nutritional criminal. Small doses of caffeine stimulate mental, memory and physical faculties. Regular coffee consumption may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease as well as some cancers. The coffee bean is also a rich source of antioxidants.
4) Drink lots and lots of water: Excessive water intake has a medical name, 'polydipsia', and it can be dangerous. Anywhere above 4 litres a day, (unless you are an athele) can disturb body’s electrolyte balance, especially potassium. The kidneys can also get damaged if they are filtering excessive amounts of fluid.
5) Stay away from alcohol: There is no denying the health and social perils of excess alcohol. However, moderated drinking has been its benefits. It increases HDL levels i.e. the good cholesterol, as well as decreases the risk of heart disease, diabetes and gall bladder disease. Particularly appreciable is red wine for it is a fine antioxidant.
6) Skip carbs to stay slim: Fad diets can be of temporary help. Carbohydrates or carbs are important for the body’s overall wear and tear. Carbs must not be completely shunned for they give energy.
7) Eat low-calorie to be healthy: When you buy food stuffs that’s labeled 'Low Cal' you're in fact buying junk. Our bodies need the entire food that we're eating in order to digest it and to retain its nutrients properly. If we can't stomach the real product, why not make our own, healthier version, and leave out all of the added sugars and heavy creams?
8) Avoid fat: When we substitute the real deal with toxic fillers in order to create a "fat-free" product, our body isn't getting the nutrition or satiation it's craving, so we keep eating. Don't skimp out or cheat yourself on healthy fats: Go for it!
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Simple, by following these 5 expert-backed tips for starting a healthy lifestyle which will ensure that you start the morning right!
- Start your day with a glass of water
- Consume your breakfast within an hour of waking up. Ensure it is high in protein.
- Make time for a morning exercise routine
- Never skip any food group. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Eat healthy snacks every 2-3 hours a day.