Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay Narula
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay NarulaYour feedback matters!
Delicious and crunchy, apple fruit is one of the most popular and favorite fruits among the health conscious, fitness lovers who firmly believe in the concept of 'health is wealth.' This wonderful fruit is packed with rich phytonutrients that, in the true sense, indispensable for optimal health.
They are high in fiber and vitamin C, and they are also low in calories, have only a trace of sodium, and no fat or cholesterol.
Often called a 'miracle food' and 'nutritional powerhouse,' an apple a day really may keep the doctor away.
Apples are some of the most popular and delicious fruits on the planet, and there is nothing like biting into a bright, red, juicy apple to quench your thirst and satisfy your sweet tooth, all while boosting your health in a major way.
Aside from the normal ability of fibrous fruits to make us feel full and increase satiety, thereby reducing appetite and overeating, apples have another unexplained ability to help in our weight loss aims.
Now below are mentioned the Health Benefits and Risks of regularly having Apple Fruit.
Health Benefits -
Apples are loaded with vitamin C. Almost half of an apple's vitamin C content is just under the skin, so it's a good idea to eat apples with their skins. Apples contain insoluble fiber, which provides bulk in the intestinal tract.
The bulk holds water that cleanses and moves food quickly through the digestive system.
The health benefits of apples include improved digestion, prevention of stomach disorders, gallstones, constipation, liver disorders, anemia, diabetes, heart disease, rheumatism, eye disorders, a variety of cancers, and gout.
It also helps in improving weakness and provides relief from dysentery.
Health Risks -
'Eating apples in excess will not cause any side effects,'
No side effects are generally known or expected to occur with apple fruit. However, apple seeds should not be eaten, as they contain cyanide and are poisonous.
Apple seeds, also called pips, contain a substance called amygdalin, which can release cyanide, a powerful poison when it comes into contact with digestive enzymes. Whole seeds will pass through your digestive system relatively untouched, but if you chew the seeds you may be exposed to the toxins.
One or two will not be harmful, as the body can handle small doses of cyanide, but if you or a child chews and swallows a lot of seeds, you should seek medical attention immediately. A very large helping of apple seeds may be fatal.
Using condom and having sex will lead to any problem? My wife is getting feared of using condom and having sex.
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
My wife have PCOS and she got pregnant in July 2013 and after knowing about pregnancy she got miscarriage. Pregnancy happened one and half years later of our marriage. Till now she didn't get her pregnancy. She got laparoscopic surgery for PCOS in September 2015 and assured us about pregnancy within 3 months but till now she didn't got it. One of gynecologist after going through USG that her egg is not forming. Please suggest how egg must form and she gets pregnant soon. She has thyroid and taking eltroxin 100 everyday in empty stomach. Her thyroid is 2.32.
खाने के स्वाद से लेकर जानलेवा बिमारियों तक सब ठीक करती है हल्दी*
हल्दी औषधीय गुणों का भंडार है तभी तो रसोईघर के साथ ही आयुर्वेद में भी इसका खूब इस्तेमाल किया जाता है।हल्दी न सिर्फ खाने का स्वाद बढ़ाती है बल्कि यह आपको कई तरह बीमारियों से भी दूर रखने में मदद करती है। हल्दी जहां एक ओर खाने का स्वाद और रंग बढ़ा देती है, वहीं इसका उपयोग सौंदर्य वृद्धि और त्वचा की समस्याओं को दूर करने में भी किया जाता है। इसके अलावा हल्दी शरीर को स्वस्थ रखने में भी बहुत सहायक है। निरोग रहने के लिए हल्दी के कुछ बेमिसाल उपाय यहां हैं:-
* पाचन बनाए दुरुस्त
कई रिसर्च के मुताबिक हल्दी रोजाना खाने से पित्त ज्यादा बनता है. इससे खाना आराम से हजम होता है।
* डायबिटीज रखे कंट्रोल
बायोकेमिस्ट्री और बायोफिजिकल रिसर्च की स्टडी के अनुसार हल्दी के नियमित सेवन से ग्लूकोज का लेवल कम और टाइप 2 डायबिटीज का खतरा टल सकता है।
* कैंसर से बचाव
हल्दी एक ताकतवर एंटीऑक्सीडेंट है जो कैंसर पैदा करने वाली कोशिकाओं से लड़ता है।
* खून रखे साफ
हल्दी वाला पानी पीने से खून नहीं जमता और यह खून साफ करने में भी मददगार है।
* दिमाग बनाए स्वस्थ
अगर आप सुबह उठकर गरम पानी में हल्दी मिलाकर पीते हैं तो यह दिमाग के लिए बहुत अच्छा रहता है।
* शरीर की सूजन करे कम
हल्दी में मौजूद करक्यूमिन की वजह से यह जोड़ों के दर्द और सूजन को दूर करने में दवाइयों से भी ज्यादा अच्छा काम करता है।
* बढ़ती उम्र थाम ले
हल्दी का पानी नियमित रूप से पीने से फ्री रैडिकल्स से लड़ने में सहायता मिलती है जिससे शरीर पर उम्र का असर धीरे-धीरे पड़ता है।
* शरीर को डिटॉक्स करने में मददगार
बॉडी को डिटॉक्स करने के लिए गर्म पानी में नींबू, हल्दी पाउडर और शहद मिलाकर पिएं यह ड्रिंक शरीर के विषैले पदार्थ बाहर निकालने में बहुत मददगार है।
* करक्यूमिन रसायन करता है दवा का काम
हल्दी में करक्यूमिन नामक रसायन पाया जाता है जो दवा के रूप में काम करता है और यह शरीर की सूजन कम करने में सहायक होता है।
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - Breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.