Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeepa AhujaYour feedback matters!
I have problem in eye is like infection and it is happen again and again. I don't know the proper name I know its "funsi" type things I already go to the normal doctor then go the md medicine and eye doctor. And now what to do and I also taking the Ayurvedic.
I don't want to wear glasses so can I improve eyesight by any surgery and is there any risk for loosing eye vision please HELP.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, stinging and a burning sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My eyes number is constantly increasing. I am near sightedness person. Can you tell me how to control eye weakness.
How to get rid of under eye bags, I have them since two months and it's not going away I don't drink and I don't smoke I sleep 8 hours and even in daytime But the problem is still have I need help from your best doctor's So give the best advice as you can.
Sir yesterday I take 3 times food 01 time orange juice 01 glass and 01 glass pomegranate juice 01 sweet. My Blood Sugar was 142. At 2030. Is this normal. Fasting BS level is always 120. Age 37 years Male.
I want to ask you one question answer that my eyesight is decreasing because I use laptop at night continuously for more than 4-5 hours and also suggest me some steps to remove blackheads.
Hello I am suffering from far sightedness and my spactles power is as:- Right eye= -2.25 Left eye= -1.50 Please tell me how can I improve my eye sight.
Hi My mother is suffering with varicose veins from 3 years in the left leg feet. She is 63 years old. The blood is not passing upwards and her foot is terribly swollen. We tried all medicines like ayurveda, accu pressure, siddha but no use. She is afraid of taking allopathy treatment because in allopathy they have only one solution, that is surgery. At this age she fears of surgery and more than all her body condition is too weak to go for surgery options. Now her weight is just 45 kgs only. We are pure vegetarians. The condition worsened day by day. When her foot turned blackish and completely swollen and some openings on the surface of the skin occurred. Some serum oozing out from the open of the skin. Finally we went for homeopath doctor. He prescribed lachesis 1M 1 dose. The next day half mug blackish blood came out through the opening on her foot. Then the coming out of blood stopped automatically. Then the doctor prescribed echenisia, hamamelis, r 42 and r 63 mother tinctures and dilutions thrice a day. The swelling decreased a little. And then he referred lachesis 200 one dose once a week. And then after 15 days again he referred vipera 200 1 dose just for one day. She started the medicines 2 months before and the doctor advised to take echenesia, hamamelis, r 42 and 63 regularly 3 times a day each dilution 10 drops in a little water. But now the problem is her foot again swollen worse and the wound in the opening on the foot is not healed a bit from 2 months. The wound is still opened and the flesh inside is visible. Some serum is always oozing out. She is unable to walk. Whenever she land her foot on the land it severely pains for her. More over the leg is swollen more and at present her right leg also started swelling a little. More over some swelling started under her both eyes and it turned to bluish black now. Even her eye lids also swollen. She is not able to open her eyes widely. She is loosing her weight day by day and also becoming very feeble. She is suffering a lot. It seems very horrible for me also to see her suffering at this old age. My question is, Is the medicines given by that doctor is right? If he given right medicines, then why there is no improvement? Why the wound is not healed? And why the condition of the leg is worsen and swollen more? Why the swelling started in her right leg also? Why she is loosing weight? If any other medicines should she take? If the doctor is giving right medicines then why the curing process is delaying this much? How long this treatment should be taken? I want to save her from this disease and she must spend her rest of life healthy and peacefully. Can any experienced home doctor whoever read this can help me? Kindly answer my questions on humanity basis. I will share her present photos of her legs if needed. Please help me. Thank you.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.