Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer AnandYour feedback matters!
My mother can't take her hand on backward direction and can't lift little heavy things. Please advise.
One of my sister suffering from neck problem, Because of some work her sound is like men sound Please suggest me some natural medicine to overcome that problem.
Female. 26 years old. I have a child, he is 1 years old. After delivery to I have knee pain in my leg. Now its seviourly to pass all joints in my leg. Please help me sir. Which treatment want to consulting.
I am 21 . I want to know why I feel weakness all time. I feel pain in back bone and suffering from low bp also.
He has spinal cord injury at t8 level. During night time he can't sleep due to muscle spasm, its disturbing badly. What should we do for decreasing spasm?
I am 24 years of age male. I have back pain problem. I get easily tired after work. In my thought I do not have sufficient estrogen/ estrogen. What was the remedy?
Have a hard pain in my left hand si that reason I can't lift or carry any heavy thing for a moment so what can I do in.
Back pain may occur due to various reasons. Chronic back pain is the one that remains for 12 weeks or more than that even after the cause of the pain has been treated. There are several ways of treating chronic back pain. Its treatment depends upon the nature of injury or the actual underlying cause of the pain.
The treatment for back pain has been listed below:
- Short-term methods: Initially, people use short-term remedies for tackling back pain. Over-the-counter painkillers and home remedies are used to cure the patient. This might show useful results within six weeks.
- Continue movement: Although traditionally, patients with back pain were advised to take complete bed rest. However, doctors today are of the opinion that patients should not take complete bed rest. The patient should try to move around a bit. It may be hurting first, but slowly it will heal the pain. One can take up brisk walking for best results.
- Painkillers: Patients are first prescribed to take paracetamol. However, some people take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen for faster relief. There are stronger painkillers like codeine. But one must keep in mind that painkillers are not good for health. They have side effects. Long-term use of painkillers can cause damage to the kidneys. If these are not effective, the doctor might switch to muscle relaxant like diazepam.
- Hot and cold compress: Patients are advised to take hot or cold compress to get relief. A hot bath or compress with hot water can be useful. Otherwise, using ice pack can also produce effective results. Often, alternate hot and cold compress are advised to get rid of the pain.
- Change your sleeping style: The pain can be reduced to a great extent by changing one's sleeping pattern. Use pillows to change the sleep pattern.
- Exercise: The patient might have developed back pain due to faulty posture or obesity. In order to get rid of the pain, one must address these issues first. Shred the extra pounds b exercising the correct way to get cured of the pain.
- Acupuncture: It is a kind of treatment in which fine needles are put at different points of the body. This helps in reducing the pain.
- Oil massage: There are various kinds of massage techniques available. These improve the circulation of blood. This in turn, rejuvenates the muscles and bones by providing sufficient oxygen supply.
- Antidepressants: These are prescribed when painkillers don't show effective results. Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), such as amitriptyline are given to the patient. However, these are given in small doses.
- Stay calm and positive: It is important to have a positive frame of mind to get rid of the pain. One has to be patient and not lose hope while the treatment is on. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I am 20 year old boy and I have some problem in my backache for last 3 months I have used parm relief cream for couple a day but I haven't got any relief what should I do now.
I am 51 year old male and have lower back pain for last 1 years. I have check the some doctors to consult. We suggest the exercise daily and use tab. Why do i?
While doing squats in aerobics, my knees have started paining. Even I have started wearing knee cap but still while climbing stairs it pains. How to get rid of this pain.
Sir, I do not know what is problem my problem disc herniation at L3L4 and L4L5 levels and disc bulge At L5 S1 level. Please advise.
Recently I asked regarding I am getting pain in the calf& foot heel. One of the doctors had replied promptly. Asked me get Vit D3 test done. I am 55 years old I don't have sugar or BP as per recent test done. I don't smoke & drink. My Vit D3 report of today shows VITAMIN-D Total 21.56ng/ml PL suggest remedy.
The spinal cord is such a crucial part of the body, and an injury to it can really change people’s lives for the worse. After all, controlling our movements, our sense of feeling and directing the limbs, among other things, makes it so very important. It does happen sometimes that injury to it requires surgery. Isn’t the prospect of the surgery going wrong quite a scary one?
For decades, whenever surgery to the spine was required, the surgeon needed to cut open the skin covering the spine as well as some extra skin, perhaps to see what needed to be done and then go ahead and carry out what was actually required. What this basically meant is that surgery resulted in more damage to the muscles and skin. This led to people taking longer to recover.
Most of the injuries that surgeons who specialise in surgeries of the spine comes across are decompressions and fusion of the spine. While the old style open surgery was popular, it is good to know minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) is a possibility since it is spreading across the medical world and makes so much sense.
So, what can a person look forward to while having an MISS, as compared to the conventional kind? When it comes to MISS, the incisions which have to be made in most of the cases are very small. Generally, they should not be longer than a few inches. The reason why they need to be made is so that the equipment can be inserted into the body and so can a camera so that the surgeon can see what he or she is doing with sufficient amount of accuracy. Moreover, since the incision is small, the blood loss is less and the scar on the patient’s body is also small.
Well, the best part is that it will take far less time for the patient to get up and running again. The return to activities, which were part and parcel of one’s daily routine, will take a lot less time. This also means that the medical costs which one would need to bear would be lower as a person would be able to move back home from the hospital a lot sooner than would normally be the case.
Considering this, there is not much to “MISS” about the era of open surgery! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.