Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saguna Shukla
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saguna ShuklaYour feedback matters!
I have a small lump or could be pimple in the lips of my vagina it is painless it occurred a week back? Please tell me what treatment I should take.
Do you often feel lethargic and tired? Has your partner been complaining about your not so great performance in bed? Are you not enjoying your sex life life off late? If yes, then you need to think about your behavior as the resons for such a behavior could be many. Well with some basic tips you can certainly add zing to your life.
Here are some sex positions that you can try to make yourself relaxed and lithe, enabling your body to function properly.
- Squat pose: This yoga position works by improving your pelvic joints and targets your inner thigh muscles, abdominals, and your pelvic floor. The pose is also found to be beneficial in stimulating your spleen and sex glands (gonad). For this, you need to stand with your feet wide apart and your toes facing outward. Join your palms together in front of your heart, and slowly bring them down in the direction of the mat, stopping just before you touch the floor. Position your biceps behind your knees so that they are spread out while helping your spine to maintain its stretched position.
- Chair pose: In this pose, your pelvic region is targeted and helps you to establish a better control over your sexual organs. It works by lifting your pelvic floor as you go about lowering your tailbone. Begin by bringing your feet together before assuming a sitting position. Keep your tailbone stretched when you lift your pelvic floor to stretch the spine.
You can also try some foods to rev up your sex life:
- Almonds: Almonds have always been associated as stimulants. They are rich in nutrients and other minerals that help in boosting your sexual health and also aid in the process of reproduction.
- Strawberries: They not only look delicious, but are rich in folic acid, one that keeps away birth defects in women.
- Figs: Though this fruit may look funny, they serve as excellent aphrodisiacs and boost fertility. Filled with both soluble and insoluble fiber, they are equally beneficial for the heart.
- Citrus: Apart from its excellent taste, this fruit is rich in with vitamin C, antioxidants and folic acid, which help in the reproductive health of men.
- Spinach: This green vegetable is filled with plenty of advantages, but it is also beneficial for the bedroom. It reduces exhaustion and fatigue and provides the much needed energy.
Hi doctor, I need to ask about fluctuating dates of my period. Last month my date was 21st and this month my period came on 18th. Is that any problem? Should I take any medicine or something?
My LMP was on 12th Jan. Started taking Femilon pills from 14th Jan. Had protected sex on 26th and 30th. Stopped taking pills 2 days back and experienced little bleeding. Can I be pregnant?
Before 4 month unfortunately mera miscarriage ho gya tha. Lekin m 2 month se try kar rahi hu but m conceive nhi kar pa rhi hu. And mam give me some tips to stop miscarriage in next time.
I want to adopt a child and feed my breast without getting pregnant, is there any medicine or any process. please suggest.
We are recently married since 1 yr. My wife have irregular periods from last 2-3 months .this she got her period yesterday but today bleeding slowly as she explained .please let me know if there is anything to worry or serious concern.
I am Dr. Neha Jain. I am a consultant gynecologist and obstetrician and also infertility specialist.
I have done my MBBS and post graduation from Lady Hardinge Medical College, currently, I am running my own clinic with the name Dr. Jain's bliss and bless women's health clinic and Dr. Jains Pathlab in Mehrauli. I am also associated with a visiting consultant with Hospitals like Fortis Hospital and Adiva Hospital.
Today I would like to talk about PCOD that is Polycystic ovarian disease as such the incidence of PCOD reported worldwide is something around 7 to 22% but in our day to day, a clinical practice we see one out of every 2 patient is suffering from diseases. Now first I would like to talk about the symptoms of PCOS, the commonest symptom of PCOS is menstrual irregularities that are there will be daily cycles, short cycles or frequent cycle these all are signs of anovulation. The next symptoms are the signs and symptoms of hyperandrogenism, androgen is like male hormones and here we will see that the patient may have hirsutism that is excessive hair growth or male pattern baldness or acne. If you go to your doctor then your doctor will suggest you some test and on these tests, you may get reports like access free testosterone levels or free androgen index is high. Then the third symptoms is of polycystic ovaries on ultrasound, if one is having polycystic ovaries on Ultrasound that does not mean that the patient is suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, in fact in people with polycystic ovaries only about 20% have problem of PCOD, then your doctor with rule out other causes of hyperandrogenism that is hypothyroidism or hyperprolactinemia. Now PCOD is associated with mostly with obesity and the lifestyle issues, it is also seen in ladies with a family history of diabetes or metabolic syndromes. Now the foremost important thing is I would like to talk about is the treatment, of course, lifestyle modification is the first thing which we advise to our patients. In lifestyle changes patient need to do exercises and almost 30-40 minute exercises per day are recommended which have to be moderate-to-severe in nature. Then dietary changes need to be made, patients are advised to avoid fried food, fatty food, junk food than sweets, sugar, empty calories have to be avoided. Reduction in 5% of the weight can result in 50% improvement of your symptoms or chances of women to become pregnant. So that is the mainstay of treatment then next your doctor will suggest you some medication like metformin or combined oral contraceptive pills.
So, in short, that is what I wanted to talk about PCOD which is mainly a lifestyle problem and you need to improve your lifestyle in order to get rid of this disease.
In case of any problem or any such issue, you can come to my clinic or book an appointment via Lybrate. Thank you.