Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sadhana
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SadhanaYour feedback matters!
My daughter 3 years and 8 months old is having adenoids. She is suffering from breathing problem at night. I am giving her budecort puff daily. But still when she gets cold her problem gets aggravated. There is any ayurvedic treatment for this. Please help me out.
My daughter is 15 years old, when swallowing solid food a pain is felt in the right side of the chest 2 inches below the collar bone. What this could be please inform. Thanks.
1 years kid. Gets fever in the night upto 101 deg since last 3 days. Very weak doesn't eat anything. Fast breathing sometimes in the night. 3-4 times stool in a day with a foul smell. RBC count was slightly less. What could be the problem?
My baby is not getting healthy he is of 2 months what can be done and what can be done to make fair?
Using teddy bar and ataglo lotion for 15 months old baby. But his neck is getting darker. What to use to lighten it.
How many days mother feeding continue, for the child age now 6 month plus, drinking water should we introduced in this age?
Sir tomorrow is my son s second vaccination. I want to know what should I do to save my baby from pain and fever before and after taking pentavac, poliovac, .pls say.
I have twine premature baby girls. On their born their weight are of 1.2 kg and 1.5 kg. They become 1.5 years now and their weight is 9.6 kg and 11 kg How can I increase their weight.? They often catch cough and cold.
The bonding between parents and baby is complicated and often takes time to gel. While some dads connect with their baby within the early days of birth, it may take a little longer for others and that s perfectly normal. Fathers often assume that the mother will naturally have a stronger bond with the baby than you will. As long as they spend more time with the baby, a bond will develop between the two of them. Certain things that you can do to strengthen the bond between your baby and your partner are as follows:
Develop a baby bond by spending time: Start early and make him talk or sing to your pregnant belly often. This establishes a strong connection before the baby is even born. This helps your newborn to recognize the tone and pattern of each of your voices, later on.
Develop skin contact: Make him hold the baby whenever possible.Stroking their back or rocking them gently in arms invokes a sense of protection and comfort in your baby's mind. This is the best way to bond. The best is when the baby ends up sleeping and resting in the arms of the father. The baby starts to feel secure and comfortable in their presence.
Tell him to help you: Ask him to help you with bathing, dressing, and changing diapers of the baby. A father's involvement in the baby's life is essential. It not just helps the mother but also makes the father an active participant.
Let him burn the mid night oil: Let him to take up the night duty. Ask him to pick up and bring the baby to you for feedings and then take the baby back for burping. This would not only enhance their bonding but also let help you relax a bit.
Let him joke around: Fathers can soothe a crying baby extremely well. Babies pacify instantly, when the parents make funny, silly faces to make them smile.
Encourage a baby's day out: Babies love fresh air, let your partner carry and take them out for a stroll around the block.
Encourage touch: Babies respond to touch. Let him give the baby a massage for 10 to 15 minutes by gently rubbing their legs, belly, arms, and neck.
Be there: Encourage him to make it part of his daily routine, to set aside time every night to play with your little baby.
Attachment is an interactive process. You don't have to be a perfect parent all of the time in order to bond with your baby. Just do your best, and don't worry!
Child 4 years old does not sleep more than 3 hours a day. The mother has to keep awake. The child is bright otherwise. What is this problem? Will it have any long-run effects?
3 years old son is coughing for last 2 days. Can feel the cough troubling in his throat. Since birth whenever he had caught cough.
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.