Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sadhana
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SadhanaYour feedback matters!
After 30 days of my baby born. On routine check up doctor counts his heart beat which is 180 bpm. He ask for echo test. Echo test done and one line is in bold letters of report. In final impression it is written that is patent foramen ovale left to right and normal pulmonary artery pressure. That time baby weight is 4.3 kg. Now baby is of 45 days we again went to the doctor for routine checkup. This time everything is ok. Heart beat is normal. weight is 5.2 kg. He said baby is growing well. Everything is fine. Is pfo is cured or not ?
My daughter is 1.5 year old. Any change in climate impacts her. Right now monsoon is on. She has developed immense cough. Her pediatrician told to give nebulizer. Thought of switching to homeopathy but friends suggested that with home you will have to combine allopath. Quite confused as I do not want to give my daughter heavy doses of antibiotics many times. Please help and guide.
My Son is 9 years old he is a bright and happy kid. He was very hyperactive and defiant. He was having trouble making friends and trouble at school and while playing, because he was fighting with kids. He was not listen to us not follow our instructions, he was too much hyperactive and aggressive. Things got changed from last 2 years after consulting with Neurologist, he has suggested to take (2Ml of Sizodon night) along with this we have giving him behavior therapy he has improved a lot nobody can believe me he was diagnosed with ADHD But from last 3 months he suffering ill every alternate week he is getting fever, headache, stomach pain, gastric I'm not sure because of this medicine side effect or some other reason. Kindly request you suggest what shall we do now. Please let me know whom should I contact.
Kya aap mujhe 18 month baby se baby ka diet chart de sakte ho .ek normal daily routine me bache k ache growth& health k liye uski dekhbhal kaise ki jaaye. Pls suggest me.
My one years baby cries a lot do not know the reason she was in mumbai now shifted to kolkata for 2 mths.
My baby boy is three months old. I am feeding him with dexolac as I can not produce milk. Is feeding with dexolac alone enough or do I need to supplement that with any syrup for healthy growth as he is missing my breast milk.
My 7 months old baby boy wants and ready to eat. But I don't know what should be his proper diet. Please help me sort this.
Feeding a toddler is a very tricky situation. A toddler is very explorative and is continuously acquiring new developmental skills. He requires independence though a keen supervision is a must. He has learnt fine motor skills, pincer grasp to pick small things n better hand mouth coordination, so offer him finger foods, like pieces of fruit n vegetables, cutlets, egg etc which he can feed on self while on a playing spree.
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.