Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S Lata SethiYour feedback matters!
Hi. I had sex with my girlfriend on last december 30 and january 1st and gave her ipill both the times after 22-23 hours of sex. We have a doubt if she have conceived because the condom was broken. Nd she got her normal periods on jan 10th. Now yesterday she had a severe stomach pain which was gone after drinking water. Nd she got negative in pregnancy test today morning nd the test done last week after periods. Will she be pregnant?
I gave birth to my baby 2 months ago. Still looks 5 month pregnant and the worst is I feel that air is trapped inside my belly (uterus). Is it normal? Will it go away?
My last Period was December 27 and I missed a period in January n spotting occurred on 3rd and 5th Wat can I guess it as peganacy or normal period.
Are you looking for a treatment measure for infertility in females? You can go for an Ayurvedic treatment, which is completely natural and does not involve the use of any chemical. Infertility refers to the inability of a woman to conceive after having unprotected sex. The principles of Ayurveda states that infertility occurs when a woman’s Shukra dhatu, or the reproductive tissue does not get proper nutrition. This may happen because of improper digestion, and also because of some toxins in the body. Anxiety, insomnia, depression, and spicy food are other causes of infertility in females according to Ayurveda.
Ayurveda has a holistic approach towards health and treats the body as a whole, instead of treating a specific ailment. An Ayurvedic doctor needs to be certain about your body type before making a treatment suggestion. Ayurvedic treatment for infertility in women aims at ensuring the proper transformation of food into nutrients, which will move to your shukra dhatu.
The most important Ayurvedic remedies for treating female infertility are as follows:
- Swedanam: This method is used by Ayurvedic physicians for inducing sweating in patients who suffer from infertility. This is done with the help of exercises or blankets. It is meant for flushing out toxins from your body.
- Vamanam: This is a detoxing Ayurvedic therapy in which vomiting is induced for getting rid of undigested food from the body. In spite of being uncomfortable, this is an ideal detox therapy for infertility management.
- Banyan tree bark: The use of dried banyan tree bark powder is recommended by several Ayurvedic physicians for treating infertility problems in females. Remember to add sugar to the banyan bark powder before consuming it.
- Ashwagandha churna and kapikacchu: These are popular Ayurvedic medicines, which are used for treating infertility issues in women.
- Phala gritam: Consume phala gritam in the form of buttermilk mixed with milk. This medicine effectively treats several functional problems related to female infertility.
- Guduchi, triphala churna, and gokshura: These Ayurvedic medicines are used for clearing blockages in your body. This prevents the production of shukra dhatu and helps in the management of female infertility.
- Shatavari: This Ayurvedic medicine is designed only for women for the treatment of infertility.
- Dietary changes: Ayurveda states that a woman suffering from infertility must follow a strict diet plan. Spicy, oily, and extra salt foods should be strictly avoided. It is recommended for you to consume food items such as almonds, whole grains, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, and dried fruits.
If you are suffering from infertility and seek Ayurvedic treatment, consult an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner for timely advise. He will be able to diagnose your cause and prescribe remedies based on the diagnosis.
Dear Doctors Help me for this question. In a month how many time we'll take the unwanted 72 medicine? If we take that medicine 2 times in a month against unprotected sex, Then I want to know about the future pregnancy or female health, it will be hurt or not? Please help me soon as possible. If we go for the regular pill for two times in a month then which one is safe.
I have my periods on 8th of may n I have sex on 12th of may means 5 th day of period so it is possible I might get pregnant because I have too much breast pain body ache headache eyes burning.
My friend had sex wid her bf on 9 june 2015 and she took unwanted 72 after one hour of sex. Her period date was on 13 june bt till now there is no bleeding occur. Please tell me what she will do she is so worried?
The food you eat affects your physical and mental health. In short, it powers your life. Thus, it is pretty clear that to have a perfect and healthy life, consumption of good and appropriate diet is a must. Without a well-balanced diet, you become prone to a number of diseases, leading to an unhappy and unfit life.
To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~ Buddha
In order to lead a happy, successful and cheerful life, it is important to have a good health. Only a healthy person can think out of the box and do great work. Several researches have been conducted and all produced similar outputs that the first step to healthy life is a healthy diet plan.
Similar to your favorite racing car, which needs the right fuel and regular maintenance to stay ahead of others, your body too ask for right food and healthy habits like daily exercises and proper hygiene to work properly. Remember, adding the wrong fuel or not taking proper care of the car will affect the car?s power and performance adversely. In the same way, lack of healthy diet will weaken your body's immune.
The other major benefits of consuming a healthy diet are:
? It controls your body weight
? It improves your mood
? It keeps you fresh and active
? It boosts your energy level
? It combats minor and major diseases
?and the list continues. In short, it is clear that having a healthy diet is something you cannot escape from. Now, you must be thinking what to add and what not to maintain an appropriate diet plan. Well, the answer to this question is listed in the essential tips given below:
1. Minimize the amount of saturated and Trans fats: If you are looking for a healthy diet, make sure to cut down on the intake of saturated fats and say a ?no? to the trans fats. The reason being, both enhance the level of cholesterol, which further leads to heart attack and stroke. Therefore, you should:
? Stop consuming the high levels of saturated fats like potato chips and other packaged cookies.
? Reduce solid fats from your diet like butter, margarine and many others.
? Become a label-savvy. Do keep a check on the food labels of the prepared foods available in the market.
? Be a smart buyer and bring home rich food items such as fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, and seeds.
2. Add fiber-rich foods to foster heart health: The main role of fiber is to prevent heart disease. Along this, it lowers both blood pressure and cholesterol. Therefore, it is necessary to have fiber rich food in your diet. Basically, there are two varieties of fiber:
? Insoluble: For this, add wheat cereals, whole grains, and vegetables like carrots, tomatoes, celery, etc. to your diet.
? Soluble: Having food items such as beans, nuts, barley, oatmeal, and fruits (apples, citrus fruits, berries, and pears) increase the level of soluble fibers in your body.
3. Control portion size and weight: It has been found that the heart of an over weighing person needs to work harder, which further leads to high blood pressure. Hence, in order to maintain your blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart diseases, it is important to achieve a healthy body weight. For this, reduction in the portion sizes can benefit you significantly. Although, you need a professional guidance, yet to start with, the following tactics can help you to control your portion sizes:
? Diverse serving sizes- It incorporates serving a specific amount of food, i.e. with proper measurements. It can be in cups, ounces, spoons or pieces and it differs for every food item. For example, the recommended size for pasta is � cup and similarly, for meat, fish, or chicken, it is 2 to 3 ounces
? Beware of the restaurant food : Whenever you go outside to have something, you need to be more careful. The reason is that the portions served in the restaurants are generally more than anyone needs. So, if you want to go, make sure you order an appetizer rather than an entr�e, share the entr�e with your friend, or just get the leftover food for your next day meal.
Next time you want to eat something, just remember it is healthy diet, which offer better control over the quality and length of your life! If you need more tips to stay fit and healthy you can consult Dt. Madhu Sharma.
Hello doc. Me and my wife had unprotected sex today in afternoon. I didn't cum we had small sex like for abt 2-3 mins, ejaculation of sperms was not there, and she's abt to b on her periods soon now actually her date was on 4th of this month but it got delayed so is there any chance of her getting pregnant, will it be fine if she take I pill by tomorrow will it prevent pregnancy if any chance r there? Please doctor help us please.
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.
Im 21 years old. Took mefiprestol for abortion on 4. Of nov. Im still bleeding g.ultra scanning showed no any retained products of conception. Im still bleeding. Do I need abortion.
Uvox 100 mg, rexipra 10 mg, daxid 100 mg this ocd medicines is safe in 9 month pregnancy or it's causes any birth defects to baby.
I am a 21 years old male I frequently have unprotected sex with my partner she sits in menses every month but this month she is not in periods we have done pregnancy test the I can kit showed the negative sign that means she is not pregnant her date is 9th or 10 but she is not in menses whats the reason?
My friend age is 40 years, his weight is 78 kg, height 5'10 and he have no kids. He got married about 8 years ago. His semen test is 30 percent active motile, 20 percent sluggish and 50 percent dead. He smoke 2 or 3 cigarette only in a day. Each and every time jab mera friend apni wife ke sath intercourse krta hain or foreplay karta hain to sath mein smoking karta hain or you can say that he foreplay with smoking. He smoke just before intercourse. He is addictive with this habit. He said that if they do not smoke with foreplay he do not excite or erect fully. Is this the reason they do not conceive? Kya just intercourse karne se pehle agar smoking ki jaye to kya isse conceive karne mein problem ho sakti hain or its just a myth?
Hi. We are newly married couple (about 4 months). We usually have protected sex, but last night it was a reverse case. I exactly didn't ejaculate in her. But still I'm worried, if she could get pregnant. Her last period start date was 26 june. I have heard that emergency contraceptive pills are bad, therefore would like to have your advice on what has to be done in this case. Also, from few days I ejaculate within seconds after entering, which is creating a problem. Is it normal or something has to be done?
Undigested food that lurks around in the digestive tract produces a host of disorders due to intestinal distress. These disorders range from acidity to gastro-oesophageal reflux and even colon diseases like cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gallstones, ulcers and Crohn's disease. Cramps, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, gas, and acidity are some of the most common symptoms that visit the patient as a result of such ailments. There are many ways of dealing with such intestinal distress, as follows :-
- Diet: Introduce plenty of fibre into your diet to aid the digestion process. This can cut the risk of many such ailments and also aid in the treatment of the same. Intestinal distress is largely caused by food that is still lurking around in the digestive tract, so it is important to clean out the digestive system with plenty of fibre and water.
- Nutrition for better Digestive System Health: Food that is rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and iron will help in creating a stronger system that cleanses the digestive tract and helps in reducing the production of excess acid in the stomach. A balanced diet with plenty of nutrition aids digestion and makes the immunity stronger.
- Study your Triggers: Watch out for foods that can trigger reflux action and other acidity related issues on the intake. These can include fatty food, fried and oily food as well as extremely spicy food. Stress is also a major trigger of intestinal distress, so it would be a good idea to avoid stressful situations or take medical help to deal with them in a better manner.
- Medication: Antacids and other medication to prevent the onset and growth of such distress can be sought out after due consultation with a medical practitioner. Medication will help in dealing with and altering the acid level production in the stomach.
- Surgery: In very extreme cases like ulcers and large size gallstones, surgery may be helpful so that you avoid rupturing the stomach's lining which can lead to a serious infection or even internal bleeding. Surgery can be taken for symptmatic gall stone and in GI diseases when symptoms are not controlled by medications.
Knowing your triggers and getting into a better routine as far as your diet goes is as important as seeing a doctor about the severity of your case when it comes to intestinal distress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.