Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Im 26 yr old and still hav pimples. During journeys my skin becomes oily how to make skin dry in journey.
I am 21 year old women. My lips are dark. My body skin is dry and not glowing. Suggest me some tips. Please. . .
My private parts are little bit dark. Im going to get marry soon. So I want to make it normal skin color. Can you please help me.
I 18 year old male and I have skin problem such as red spot are appear on my skin. What should I do.
Last three days I was having chicken pox. Now some small marks are left on my face and I think my skin has become somewhat after it. Please suggest me. Will it go these marks itself?
Hello Dr. me 5 months se gym jaa rhaa hu .mere shoulder pe streach mark aa gaye he bahut to vo neekal ne ke liye me kya kru mene abhee abhee bio oil liyaa he aur koi cream please suggest me?
I have spotty rash over my triceps area. It is mostly red patchy area with many little spots. I'd just like to know what caused this and how I could get rid of it?
Some of my moustache hair is turning to mixed color of orange and red. Why so. How to get rid of this?
I need some homeopath medicine for my skin that breaks out during menopause, skin gets very itchy and get red bumps. Can you suggest some homeopath pill.
I am a male ages 28 years. I am having a lot of pimple marks nd scars on my face. Also there are lot of pores on my face. Also to mention that my skin is too oily. I have tried many of the home remedies but none of them proved to be effective. Kindly suggest me some effective remedies.
Homeopathy is the system of medicine in which ailments are treated by minimal doses of natural substances. It attacks and cures the root cause of the ailment without causing side effects. To deal with skin disease, it not only studies the skin type but also takes into account a complete analysis of the mind, genetic factors and the condition of the immune system. Homeopathy just doesn’t treat the symptoms, but delves inside the body and takes on the root cause behind the symptoms.
Homeopathy is effective in treating various skin problems, such as eczema, rashes, allergic dermatitis, Uriticaria, Psoriasis, Lichen Planus and other variants, Lichen Planus and other variants, Chronic and recurring bacterial infections, Chronic and recurring bacterial infections, Fungus infections, Vitiligo, acne, Dandruff, hair loss and many other skin ailments.
Dr Rushali Angchekar
From past 6-7 months my skin is becoming black and I really don't understand the reason behind, I don't expose my skin to the sun and I drink good amount of water too. please suggest me.
I am having a skin inflammation problem at my foot. It sometime get red also. When I take levocetirizine it get black. What should I do?
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.