Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roma Kumar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Roma KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi I have a girl friend. She's 2years elder than me. 3years back she was 27 and I was 25. We use to have romance. I use to touch her breast, butt and sometimes vagina too. Once we had nude romance too. When we had romance her expressions use to blank which discouraged me from making more romance. At that time she said she is fine in having romance. But she said that she's not getting any sexual desire though we are having nude romance. But I use to get a lot. She's fine to have sex. But we didn't had sex. Is that possible that girls won't get sexual desire even having such a way of romance? Do they have such a capabilities to control mind not to get sexual desires?
I am an epilepsy patient. I took medicine daily 3times, but sometime I face the shivering problem. Pls suggest why it's happening and when will I get rid of this problem?
I'm a goal oriented, good studying ,confident and independent girl. I talk to a lot of boys but I never consider anyone as my best friend. But,I considered one guy as my best, he suddenly got committed with a girl which is unbearable for me. I cry a lot for each song I hear for everything I see. I thought of getting into relationships just for a tit for tat. But I don't like anyone. I'm stressed while I'm in a typical part of my life, that is my placements and exams that I am preparing are showing up. I want to achieve my goal. Please doctor help me.
I am suffering from fever last 15 days and I have body pain and feeling weakness you suggest me pls.
I am a 25 year old male and have a body pain for the last 3 days. I am not able to work and even lie on the bed easily. What should I do.
She is having parkinson. She feels like her brain is very tired and weak. What she should take along with parkinson's medicines to supplement brain?
I have caught my wife talking dirty with her male friend she had dirty chat on whatsapp even she is fully satisfied sex life. I love her so deeply and I am so angry with her. I do not want to take any harsh step I just want to stop all these craps. What should I do.
Gender Identity Disorder or Gender Dysphoria causes the patient to think that he or she is does not belong to the gender that may be physically apparent. This condition may cause severe stress, anxiety and depression. Let us find out more about the depressive conditions caused due to this disorder and how this depression may be treated:
- Trapped: One of the most common emotions that a patient experiences while suffering from this condition includes feeling trapped in the wrong body. For example, while all the physical and visual signs may point at the male status of the patient, he may actually feel that he is a female. In such cases, the patient often feels like the body does not reflect his or her true gender. This can cause the patient to feel trapped, which in turn can lead to feelings like restlessness.
- Anxiety: Once the restlessness sets in, general dissatisfaction grows, which is the earliest sign of anxiety. The intense discomfort experienced by the patient can lead to severe anxiety where he or she shuns normal functioning and socialising. The patient may choose to stay alone and isolated in the long run, which can fuel further anxiety when the patient is faced with social situations like school, work and others.
- Mismatch: The depression and anxiety also comes from a sense of mismatch that the patient may feel when it comes to the gender in the mind and the physical gender that may be parlayed with the genitals as well as other areas of the body and development. This mismatch will need to be addressed in order to get to the root of the depression and anxiety experienced by the patient.
- Talk Therapy: Talk therapy is one of the most common and popular forms of therapy that has been used for this kind of disorder. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or CBT is one of the most effective forms of therapy used for conditions like depressions due to GID or any other kind of depression and anxiety. With this kind of therapy, the patient can be brought face to face with the problem before reprogramming the attitude, thinking and resulting behaviour of the patient to be more accepting of the condition. Also, any physical therapy will have to backed by it.
- Trans Sexuality and Homosexuality: With the help of therapy, one of the most important and initial barriers that will have to brought down is the opinion of the patient. The patient will have to be made aware of the fact that his or her problem does not convert his or her into a transsexual or homosexual. This condition is not the same a sexual orientation issue.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!