Here are some causes and symptoms of polycystic ovarian disease
Hi I’m Dr. Rohini Dhillion working as a family physician and gynecologist and Family Medicare. These days the Polycystic Ovarian Disease has become very common that what it was a generation ago. It usually takes place due to a hormonal misbalance which has also become common due to lifestyle modifications, tension, hard work and improper diet. You see, the normal function of the ovaries is to produce ‘ovulation’ i.e. Eggs. But in this disease the ovulation does not take place and the common symptoms of this disease are: weight gain, acne esp. on face and there might be Hirsutism, unwanted hair, hair fall, depression, infertility and menstrual irregularity and also the tendency of binge eating.
If this hormonal imbalance is not corrected it may lead to diabetes or sleep apnea or hepatic sleep disturbances or cardio vascular diseases in the later stage of life.
To improve the situation we need to change the lifestyle as a whole and of course the much earlier it can be detected, the better it is because we give hormones to correct the hormonal imbalance along with that we also advice our patients to do regular exercise and follow a regular dietary pattern; avoid junk food and intake nutritious food, include yoga and exercise in your daily routine along with certain medicines which have to be taken and be careful about the diet.
You people can contact me through Lybrate.
Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rohini Dhillon
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Rohini DhillonYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Learned, knowledgeable doctor who is not into recommending unreasonable tests and medicines. She talks to the point and gives clear and relevant advice. Highly recommended.
Dr. Rohini Dhillon provides answers that are very helpful. thanx mam but on 17/6/17 night her periods got started. i think it is due to hormones changes
Dr. Rohini Dhillon provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you so much Doctors i got a clarity
Dr. Rohini Dhillon provides answers that are very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
Dr. Rohini Dhillon provides answers that are very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
A very good and experienced good
I am suffering from overpresipirant. And I think it is caused by overweight or bp low. please guide me.
Skin rash is the most common allergic symptom that dermatologists come across. While it is common to ignore a skin rash as a common symptom of any allergy, some of them should not be ignored as they can be life-threatening and require immediate medical help. Some of the common conditions which can produce life-threatening rashes are listed below.
- Pemphigus vulgaris
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) or toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) or erythema multiforme (EM) major
- Necrotizing fasciitis
- Toxic shock syndrome (TSS)
- Rocky mountain spotted fever
Some of the common symptoms are as follows:
- These affect the whole body or most parts of it.
- The skin and the mucous membranes are affected (mouth, nose, anus, vagina, and urethra).
- Most of these conditions are accompanied by blisters, which vary in size from about 1 cm to really large ones.
- When they break open, there is fluid within these blisters.
- Blisters on the mucous membranes can be extremely painful.
Understanding the types in detail
- Pemphigus vulgaris: This is an autoimmune condition wherein the tissues that hold the epidermal layers of the skin are affected. The body reacts against these tissues and so the skin is affected.
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis or Stevens-Johnson syndrome: Though the aetiology is not very clear, this severe allergic reaction is seen due to several medications and infections. Medications like sulfa-containing antibiotics, penicillin-containing antibiotics, anti-HIV medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs) and anti-seizure medications can cause this reaction. Also, infections like hepatitis, cytomegalovirus and some bacterial infections are also shown to produce this reaction. There is severe necrosis or damage of the underlying connective tissue, causing severe damage to the skin and rashes with blisters, which are bluish and filled with fluid. They appear as crops bilaterally on the feet, chest, hands, abdomen and back.
- Toxic shock syndrome: Staphylococcus is one of the most common bacteria that causes various infections in the body; it can also induce large scale tissue damage, which can give rise to toxic shock syndrome. As a result of the infection, toxins are released causing severe organ and tissue damage. When tampons were introduced, this became a public health issue in the 1970s. Other symptoms of shock, including dehydration and severe sepsis, were also seen in such patients.
- Necrotizing fasciitis: A trauma or operative incision can cause severe erythema, and in the next 24 to 72 hours this can develop into huge rashes with haemorrhagic fluid, which can be very painful.
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever (RMSF): Caused by a tick bite, this infection produces a rash that starts in the extremities and gradually spreads to the torso. The rashes are pink in colour with blood leaking from the capillaries. Immediate medical attention is required is such cases in order to prevent haemorrhages. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin that is required for maintaining good health. A drop in the level of this vitamin can result in an individual becoming susceptible to various adverse health conditions. Vitamin B12 is an energy vitamin and is crucial for a healthy immune system as well as a healthy brain. The metabolism of the body functions effectively with vitamin B12. People with deficiency of this vitamin in their body can have digestion problems or may suffer from rapid heartbeat.
The three main groups that are at higher risk of vitamin B12 deficiency include vegetarians, people who are over the age of 55 and people who are chronically ill. The main function of Vitamin B12 in the body is to aid the production of red blood cells that are important for the efficient functioning of the body. These red blood cells are essential as they help to deliver oxygen to the cells in our body. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can result in blood cells not forming properly and it becomes difficult for the body to perform its functions.
Essential vitamins for the body
There are different types of Vitamin B in the body. They are termed differently and include Vitamin B1 as Thiamine, Vitamin B2 as Riboflavin, and Vitamin B3 as Niacin, which mainly comprises nicotinic acid and nicotinamide. Vitamin B5 is termed as Panthothenic acid and likewise Vitamin B12 is termed as Cobalamin. All these vitamins are very important for maintaining a good health. The other health problems that are caused by the deficiency of other types of Vitamin B in the body include depression, water retention, high blood pressure and anemia.
- Growth in infants can be impaired due to the deficiency of Vitamin B7 in the body and can lead to neurological disorders as well.
- It is important to seek advice from a doctor in case you are suffering from cognitive defects, memory loss or increased homocysteine, which results as a consequence of Vitamin B12 deficiency. It is best to adopt a healthy diet, which contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. For instance, food products like fish, liver and potatoes are good sources of Vitamin B12.
- It has been observed that decreased levels of Vitamin B5 in the body can cause anemia and deficiency of Niacin.
- Also insufficient tryptophan in the body can cause pellagra. The common conditions that patients suffering from pellagra undergo include aggression, profound weakness, mental confusion, dermatitis diarrhea and insomnia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have pain in my lower abdomen and inner thighs since last one month. I started having these pains 4-5 before my actual period date. I missed my periods and even after 10 days blood pregnancy test was negative and periods had to be induced by medication. After the 1st day of my period from 2nd to 7th day I had no pain. But then again I am experiencing pain from the 8th day till now and it has been 2 weeks from then. The pain is mild, intermittent and generally increases on standing or moving but not always. Sometimes it also occurs while sitting or sleeping. I already have undergone appendicitis surgery. Please help me.
Diwali is a great time for family reunion. Festivities, fun and frolic rule the atmosphere. Amidst all kinds of pujas and other rituals, bursting crackers happens to be an integral part of it. This not only pollutes the atmosphere, but also affects the health of the people. Bursting crackers leads to the release of heavy metals like potassium chlorate, arsenic sulphite, sulphur, aluminium and copper into the air. This results in the deposition of high levels of residual particulate matter or RPM and suspended particulate matter or SPM. These things emanating from the crackers are responsible for allergies. Many problems in the skin may start occurring and may even result in medical hazards.
In order to take care of your skin and avoid any kind of serious allergy or skin problem, follow these steps:
- Crackers and fireworks should always be handled with care. They have many chemical components like charcoal, sulphur and potassium nitrate present in them. Also, they have substances which emits bright and colorful light. Those who are vulnerable to allergies such as running nose, skin rashes and itching should not be exposed too much to the crackers as they contain substances which are harsh to the skin. The best way to stay safe is to avoid contact.
- One should always wear loose and baggy clothes. In case of skin allergy due to crackers, the situation may worsen if tight clothes are worn. They can further aggravate the rashes. A cool compress or a shower is the best way to get relief from a rash, which is itching or burning like fire. Then it has to be patted dry and moisturized.
- Colloidal oatmeal or oatmeal powder, when mixed with water can bring great relief for inflammation. But lukewarm water should be used for better results. Anti-itch cream like hydrocortisone or calamine lotion should always be kept handy.
- In case the symptoms are too severe, and a doctor is not available immediately damp dressing is the best solution. A soft cotton piece of cloth should be soaked in water. It should be then wrung out and used to cover the affected area or the whole body.
All the above-mentioned methods are good ways to take care of skin allergies during Diwali. However, there might be some skin problems which do not go on their own. In those cases, the help of a doctor is the ultimate solution. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!