Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritu Sethi
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu SethiYour feedback matters!
There are many kinds of infections that may afflict the body from time to time. While some of them may be dormant conditions that flare up due to environmental factors, there may be others that may occur due to a change in season as well as other causes, including interaction with a carrier of the same infection.
A fungal infection is usually caused by the growth and accumulation of the harmful fungi in a particular part of the body or organ of the body. These kinds of infections may be caused between the toes, thighs, vagina and other areas where we tend to sweat a lot. The hands, feet, nails and the groin region are also quite susceptible to such infection. Let us find out the various ways in which homeopathy can be used in order to treat fungal infections in the body. One must keep in mind that these medicines must only be prescribed by a medical practitioner.
Fungal infection on the feet- The best homeopathic medication for fungal infection on the feet includes petroleum and silicea. These medicines may be used especially if there is a strong odour and excessive sweating. These medicines are good for clearing the infection entirely. Also, they are especially effective for conditions like Athlete’s Foot.
Fungal infection in the groin area- If the patient is suffering from a fungal infection in the groin area or around the thighs, like a Jock Itch or any related condition, then medicines like Graphites and Sepia may be prescribed by the doctor. These medicines are especially helpful when there is a great deal of itching along with an outbreak of rashes plus other signs of the infection.
Fungal Infection on the Scalp- There are many kinds of infections that may occur in the scalp of the patient due to excessive sweating as well as other kinds of pollution and exposure to chemicals. Thuja and Kali Sulphuricum may be prescribed for this purpose. It also fights related symptoms like excessive itching of the scalp and sensitivity to touch.
Fungal Infection on the Skin- When the skin suffers from fungal infection which leads to boils, crusting, pus and bleeding, Tellurium, Sepia and Thuja may be recommended by the doctor. These medicines work well if the patient is experiencing severe itching, especially after taking a cold shower or bath.
Fungal Infection in the Mouth- The fungal infection in the mouth may happen due to lack of hydration as well as poor eating habits. In such cases, the doctor may prescribe medicines like Helonias and Borax. These medicines also deal with symptoms like the formation of ulcers or white lesions in the mouth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I have alopecia areata. I am currently using hair patch to cover it. My scalp has serious dandruff. How can I recover my hair.
My skin is very dull and very dark I want to clean it and my just make it good please tell me what I do.
I'm suffering from a lot of hair fall problem. I have used many oils and shampoo but no effect till now. Please help me.
Acne is a very common skin problem that occurs to a lot of individuals. Acne during puberty is a normal occurrence, however, some people even suffer from adult acne. Acne can be cured but usually leave scars which can be difficult to treat. However, there is no reason to be worried; there are numerous treatments available for acne scars. Here is a list of some of the treatments-
- Derma rolling or micro needling: In this procedure the skin is pierced with microneedles (using a derma roller) which cause a micro-injury to the skin, thereby inducing the skin to produce more collagen thereby healing the acne scars. However, this is a very delicate procedure. Although numerous derma rollers are available in the market, it is best to take help of a professional for this procedure. Not only does this procedure help in reducing ace scars but also prevents wrinkle formation and sagging. However, it is a very sensitive process and needs to be performed with care. Here are some benefits of derma rolling
- Chemical face peels for acne scars: This treatment uses a concentrated form of chemicals which when applied to the skin can remove scarred skin cells thereby allowing healthy cells to grow in their place. Different types of peels used are
- Phenol peel: This is one of the strongest peels available and is best to use under the supervision of a dermatologist. This peel has been said to remove deep scars on the face because the chemicals seep in deeper into the skin underneath the dermis layer.
- Glycolic peel: This is derived from sugarcane and it does not penetrate beyond the epidermal layers of the skin. This peel encourages the skin pores to open and releases the dead cells, thereby improving the skin appearance.
- Trichloroacetic acid: This is milder than the phenol peel but stronger that the glycolic peel.
- Nano fractional radio frequency: This technique uses micro needling as well as a radio frequency to treat the textural irregularities of the skin, wrinkles and other scars on the skin. This is a new technology and has been seen to work pretty well in treating acne scars.
- Laser and filler treatments: Another technology uses fractionated laser to even out the skin by helping the skin in producing more collagen. This requires one to three sessions depending on the intensity of the scars. The ablative laser vaporises the scars, allowing the better skin to form and take its place. The non-ablative laser helps in increasing collagen production.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!