Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu JainYour feedback matters!
Yellowish white, thick, clumpy, slime like consistency dicharge from my vagina that smells awful. Is it any kind of yeast infection? i'm 20 years old.
I am 47 years old. Recently I got some problem with my periods. It started by the mid of 2014, I was getting severe abdominal pain before and after menstruation. The pain continues for more than a week. I consulted a gynecologist by december. I had to undergo scanning and biopsy test. The result was ok but in the month of february I got menstruation twice with heavy bleeding. This april 24 periods started with less bleeding but with severe pain. It stopped after four days, again on may 10 the same type of bleeding started with severe pain. It continued till today i. E. 18. This time I had proper bleeding but the pain was excruciating. I am a teacher working in bhutan. We don? t have proper medical facilities because of which I couldn't consult a gynecologist. Please suggest me what to do ?
My friend did not had her periods from past one and half month. Mean while she was having intimacy in between and she was stressful due to work. She checked the pregnancy check 2 times the result was negative. Her previous period happened 2 times in a month i.e in may 28th and june 13th from that time till now no clue. Can she get any answer for this. Any medication? Consultant?
I am a 20y. O. Female and do not know yet if I am pregnant or not. I will get a home test done, and in case of a positive result, want an abortion done in Kolkata, India. I am not married and my parents would not accept a child. Will I face hassle of any kind despite being an adult? What is the best abortion center for me to approach?
I am 20 years and I suffer from severe abdominal pain during my menstruation. Suggest me some medicine.
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi i am 28 years old girl my periods are not regular and soon i get tired please suggest me some solution
Sexuality has fascinated people in all walks of life from antiquity to the present. Healthy sexual functioning plays a fundamental role in maintaining harmony and happiness in married life. It is the most essential to fill the procreational, recreational and relational aspects of life.
It provides a means to express love, which is the basis for all kinds of creative activities. The absence of which hinders the marital relationship that leaves the frustration, at some point ends in divorce and causes inefficiency in performing routine duties.
Infertility is defined as failure to achieve a pregnancy after a year of unprotected regular intercourse with the same partner. Infertility also affects men and women. Living a healthy lifestyle is important for fertility. Lifestyle factors can affect a man’s fertility, and many of these factors are things that a man can control. Leading a healthy lifestyle improves not only the possibilities of conceiving but also improves overall health.
Ayurveda, the science of life, prevention and longevity, is the oldest and most complete holistic medical system available in the world. Its basic principles can be found in the Hindu scriptures called the Vedas, the ancient Indian books of wisdom written more than 5,000 years ago.
Ayurveda uses the principles inherent in nature to help preserve the health of a person by keeping the body, mind and spirit of the person in perfect balance with nature.
Ayurveda has developed a special branch to deal with the problems of infertility known as Vajikarana, which means: make us potent as a vaji “horse”. The name derives from the fact that horses have always been a symbol of virility in ancient cultures.
Ayurveda states that reproductive health depends on the health of shukra and atharv dhatu, or reproductive tissue, in both men and women respectively. In women tissue atharv produces the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and men produce semen.
The quality of the breeding juices is directly related to the quality of the other tissues. The physical body consists of seven tissues (dhatu): plasma, blood, muscles, fat, bones, nerves and finally the reproductive tissue. The food we eat is metabolized in the digestive system and transformed – through agni, or fire – into nutrients for our body. These nutrients are what will make up the first tissue, plasma.
From there, the other tissues are being form one by one using as part of the subsequent tissue as the base material. The height of this process is reached when part of the reproductive tissue is transformed into an eighth tissue, subtle in nature, known as ojas (an essence that gives us immunity, brilliance, strength, splendor and vitality)
Infertility can often be associated with deficiency in the correct production of body tissues, poor quality of agni, as well as the presence of toxins due to inadequate diet and lifestyle.
There are two types of foods and herbs that help improve shukra dhatu, and thus help improve fertility. Some are called bringhana, and these foods strengthen the seven dhatus. The second type is called vrishya and these foods and herbs are for the shukra dhatu in particular. Bringhana foods are fresh organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk proteins, soaked almonds and walnuts, natural sweets, juicy fruits like mangos and dried fruits like figs. Vrishya foods are asparagus, broccoli, happy cow’s milk and spices like cumin seeds and coriander, shatavari, kapikachu and kalamusli.
Types of vajikarana
Ayurveda considers all substances that enhance the sexual activity as vajikarana dravyas and may include herbs, ornaments, gold, silver, pearls, precious stones etc. Vajikarana dravyas include the following:
Semen enhancing like milk, ghee, gokshura, shatavari, yashtimadhu etc. Semen purifying like kushtha, sugar cane, bayberry etc. Promoting fertilization capacity in semen like brahmi, shatavari, katuka, guduchi etc. Libido increasing like akarakarabha, saffron, clove, garlic, pippali etc. Premature ejaculation preventing like nutmeg, ashwagandha, chandan, jatamansi etc.
Benefits of vajikarana therapy:
Increases the time span of erections. Cure erectile dysfunction. Prevents premature ejaculation. Stimulates man for sexual acts to satisfy females without getting tire. Transforms lean and impotent men into powerful and vigorous. Facilitates in procreation of healthy off springs. Increases sexual energy and strength like a horse. Increases will power, intellect and memory in addition to promoting a healthy body.
I am 25 years female. Married 2 years. I have my baby of 9 months old. I had my periods last month 3 aug it was 10 days before my date. Now it is 25 of september I did not have my periods uptill now. On 12 sep I did UPT but it should negative. On 19 sep I consulted a doc she asked me to take sustain 300 for five nights. I am quite confuse with my health. I really want to know the actual about my health y are the issues related to my periods .i m really worried.
I am 24 years old female and I am having over weight problem because of which I do not get my regular period. I have tried the treatment also but it was benefited me for short period time. What should I do?
Does taking Levonorgestrel right after periods cause the next period to start before it's time? For example my periods ended on Tuesday this week and I had unprotected sex this Saturday night (after 5 days of last period ending), so if I take Levonorgestrel on Sunday then will my next due periods start so quickly again? Will they start within the 10-15 days of my last periods? Is this to worry about?
After I had sex for the first time with my girlfriend, she had swelling on her private parts. Why did that happen.
I conceived pregnancy and it miscarries naturally in the first trimester, in how many days after I'll intercourse again to conceive.
Last 3 months my wife had irregular periods of 38, 45n 48 days. What exercise and foods should she follow from now on to get the periods regular and ovulation correctly. Please briefly explain.
The World Health Organisation recommends 150 minutes of any moderate physical activity per week for individuals aged between 18-64 years of age. Physical activities like yoga or gymming are high on the priority list of every health-conscious individual. Yoga may keep you younger, while gymming on the other hand, may help in keeping you stronger. Both these methods are loaded with equal benefits, which might make it tough for you to choose either one of them.
Read on to find out what works best for yourself.
1. If you want to lose weight…Hit the gym!
Intensive training or cardio-vascular exercises are particularly effective in shedding extra kilos as they keep your heart pumping fast, while also burning your calories. A single gymming session can be helpful in burning up to 3,500 calories in your body, which is equal to losing half a kilo of weight.
If you weigh 68-70kgs, a 30-minute yoga regime can help you burn about 85 calories, whereas if you perform a moderate-intensity exercise routine of 30 minutes on an elliptical trainer may end up burning up to 340 calories.
2. If you want to gain strength…Hit the gym!
Pull-up bars, barbells and other gym equipment are especially designed to build your physical strength. Gym training requires muscle contractions and stretching, and if you perform them regularly, your muscles contract more efficiently and for a longer time without injuring your tendons. This also helps in increasing your endurance and energy levels, while building stamina.
3. If you want to gain composure and balance…Practice yoga!
Yoga comprises of sets of meditative postures or asanas that can help in relaxing your tired muscles and mind. Unlike most exercise routines, yoga focuses more on achieving harmony of the mind, body and spirit rather than just giving you a fitter frame. Regular yoga practice can alter your body’s physical and emotional response to stress, anxiety, depression, and hypertension.
4. If you want to be flexible…Practice yoga!
Inflexibility in your muscles and connective tissues can cause poor posture in your body, resulting in various aches and pains. Yoga can increase your flexibility by loosening stiff muscles, which can eventually result in the disappearance of all bodily aches and pains. The contraction and stretching of muscles in yoga asanas help in improving the functions of your immune system as well. It also helps the lymphatic system of your body fight infections, destroy cancerous cells, and dispose of toxic waste products, thereby keeping you fit and healthy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
We are trying baby since last 4 months now and have not succeeded yet. We are bit stressed now. Is this normal? Does this takes time and we should keep on trying or should we consult a doctor?
I had sex on 22 to 25 day of my cycle and too mycrogynom from that day till now, I have missed my periods does it mean am pregnant.
Hi I'm 26 years old not married, I'm getting bleeding more than 1 week is it any problem pls help me.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The Ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.