Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rita SharmaYour feedback matters!
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
Birthweight of my baby boy was 2.75kgs and he now weighs 4.96kgs at 2 and half months. He was born on July 13th 2015 and has only breastmilk also his feeding time is hardly 15 mins on one side every 2 hrs during day and 15 mins every 4 hrs during night. Is his weight gain goin good as per his age? and is his feeding time too less for his age because I read that other children feed for longer time?
Dear Sir, Please impart advise about the cold and cough of baby and 52 years old lady. Once attacked does not relief early. How we get rid of aforesaid problem. With regards.
My 2.5 month old baby feed with bottle. Bec I cant produce enough breastmilk for him. He did not feed with spoon. If I sterilize bottle before and after use properly and use bpa free glass bottle then is it ok to use bottle.
Hi. My son is having tie tongue. He is 3.5 years old. My query is what is the correct age to treat it? What is the correct way to treat it? Is there any other complications in it? What kind of specialist doctor needed to treat it? Pediatric or ENT?
My son is 3 yrs and 3 months old and he is having bronchopneumonia from last year nov. And doctor treatment is going on doctor is giving antibiotics from last 3 months but it is not getting complete cure every month aft. Stopping medicines please ans antibiotics same problem is coming like fever cold and cough what to do I am very scared about My son health. Please suggest me
I have eczema from last 2 year. Firstly, pimple filled with water on hand comes out. After that when we destroy it a skin allergy was formed. If not proper care of wetting the hand the allergy will increase. Some doctor suggest that it is due to tension. From last 4 year i came to delhi , obvious tension increases? How i will take necessary action to destroy this disease completely?
Hi doctor my baby is 8 months old. I feed my milk to my baby. After 6 months from delivery I got menstruated. Yesterday I did masturbation. Because my husband is feared to have intercourse with me our baby is affected by it. So we try to avoid intercourse. Am not insert anything in to my vagina just foreplay. Am not doing this my vaginal become so painful. After masturbation only am so relief from that pain. Is there any problem to my baby or not. Please suggest we are having intercourse or not.
My 2.5 year child is having loose stools since yesterday. We observed small worms in his Shit yesterday, so we gave him 5 ml Zentel last night. Is the loose motions caused because of Zentel or do we need to give him some medication? His loose motions are slimy. please suggest some medication with dosage. Thanks.
Hello doctor, My baby is 10 months old she crawls very nicely and stands too but fears to walk and falls down. So what should I do to make her walk? Should I massage her back and legs and with which oil?
I have 3 months baby. How many hours a day sleep is required for baby & is there a particular time table or sleep schedule to be followed like sleep time / play time, please guide.
My child aged 16. He is not interested in study and not in play. He is very lazy. He don't like to following to any one. He don't has any hobby and not goal for his future.
My baby was born in eight months itself. But he is active and there is no problem with him so far. Will the be any problem in future?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 days and I have a chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.