Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rishidev YadavYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old have a sensitive tooth for the last two months. I have a slightly yellow coloured tooth after an injury in my childhood. In these many years now it is responding to hot or cold items. Please give me suggestions.
I'm 25 years old, in my childhood my upper font two teeth have been broken. Now I want to repair my both teeth, what should I do for this problem?
Naturally low in sugar and high in calcium, cheese helps strengthen our teeth. It also contains a protein called casein, which may help lower the risk of cavities. More than that, there is compelling evidence that cheese preserves the whiteness of teeth by fortifying the enamel that protects the pearly-white dentin behind it.
When we are not brushing, flossing, or gargling, saliva helps keep our mouths clean. It removes food particles, plaque, and other debris. Chewing gum, as long as it doesn't have sugar in it, stimulates saliva production and helps remove potentially harmful deposits. It is no wonder that the average family dentist recommends chewing sugar-free gum in between meals.
Once again, chewing anything helps increase the saliva in our mouths, but the foods we choose to chew should not contain sugar, and they should take a long time to chew. Celery meets these requirements. It is also quite fibrous, which means it breaks down into strands that naturally clean our teeth as we chew. We should also mention that celery is one of the few foods that has a negative-calorie effect. In other words, you burn more calories chewing and swallowing it than it contains.
Even if you have a clean mouth, it likely contains hundreds of millions of bacteria at any given time. While not all of them are bad, some attack tooth enamel and cause serious oral issues. Numerous studies have confirmed that raw onions have powerful antibacterial properties. Sure, they may give you bad breath. But a few raw onions on a sandwich or in a salad will also help you control marauding oral bacteria, which may mean fewer trips to your family dentist.
We're sorry vegetarians, but eating meat does have its benefits. As we mentioned, longer chewing times promote salivation that helps clean our teeth. And few things require more mastication than a big, juicy steak. In fact, chewing steak requires so much effort that it can actually strengthen our jaw muscles and our pearly whites. We should also mention that red meat contains phosphorous, which helps protect tooth enamel and bone.
Just like raw onions, cashews contain antimicrobial oils that have been shown to reduce the bad bacteria that leads to tooth decay. Testing has also revealed that the same nut oils may fight the bacteria that causes acne breakouts, making them one of the few family dentist and dermatologist-approved foods.
Dear sir/Mam My front teeth has broken in an accident. Now, there is huge pain. So please guide me, what should I have do for repair my tooth and losing pain.
If capping is done loose on teeth can it be corrected. It seems capping on my front 10 upper teeth is loose gap between gums (real and artificial). Air is passing what should I do?
A white layer (bacteria) on my tough causes bad breath. I am suffering this problem from past one year. What should I do?
Can augmentin 1000 amoxyclav be powdered and had? I underwent a dental surgery. Mouth opening and swallowing is difficult now. Please suggest me for that.
Hello sir, I want to know about rct test. Sir currently my rct is in process. And I have facing too much pain after 2nd round. Is there any medicine along with rct test which doctor gave after each round of rct.
Avoid Tobacco,this will be a big favor to your teeth. One, it will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications. Two, it will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco. For example, if you smoke a cigarette, you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.