Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reshma BasuYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old. I want take Viagra 100 or 50mg. During sex with my wife. Every month once. I was addicted for it. Should it any side effect on me? A person how much time take Viagra in a year? Because my wife not cooperate 100% during sex.
Sir suggest me ayurvedic medicine for weakness of my penis and to have tight erection and from premature ejaculation please.
Plasma glucose fasting - 244 mg/DL Plasma glucose 2 hr after meal- 312 mg/Dl I am sugar patient. I want a diet chart what I eat.
Hello.Actually i m from kolkata.But at present i m in rajasthan for my higher studies.As u all know rajasthan has been totally affected in swine flu.So i m a bit tensed for my health.So please sort me out with some simple precaution which i should take sitting here in my hostel only.
Previously he was habit of tobacco chewing. Smoking and alcohol. Now ge stop all this thing. Now today he is suffering digestion problem he told that whatever he take food light or heavy its not digest means stool color is brownies and in chest and food pipe. In mouth he fell burning. His family doctor told him that your food is not proper absorb on stomach due to more toxic in his body. Pls suggest him some medicine of homeopathy or ayurvedic or allopathy to bring out from his body a toxic and proper digestion thnx.
I .Meal Planning
- Eat smaller , more frequent meals
- Control carbs
- Ensure variety in diet - whole grain foods, fruits and vegetables daily
- Limit fats - 3-4 tsp/day
- Seasoning tips - use salt sparingly, avoid adding sugars.
II.Practical tips to make you meals healthier
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables- Except for few fruits like banana, mango, chickoo, jackfruit and grapes, and vegetables like potatoes,sweet potatoes , yam . ,both fruits and veggies are cornerstone of diabetes,- gives you vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Eat more whole grains- brown rice, ragi, bajra , jowar,wheat
Use healthy fats and oils- Choose- MUFA's - olive oil, canola oil , less often use PUFA- corn , sesame and safflower oil. Minimise SFA- high fat meat , dairy, coconut,
Choose heart healthy proteins- beans, peas and dals (good source of protein and fibre), Eat fish and shell fish 2-3times/weel, choose skinless, white chicken, nuts in moderation ( almonds , walnuts)
Select low fat dairy products- skim milk and its products like curd, paneer and low fat cheese
III.Healthy breakfast choices
- An egg white omelette with a bran paratha and fruit wedges
- Oats with low fat milk and spirinkling nuts and fruits
- Dalia and veggies upma with a bowl of fresh fruits
- Oats dosa with mint chutney and orange segments
- Ragi porridge with milk/buttermilk and a whole fresh fruits.
IV.Healthy lunch box ideas
- Healthysandwhich - brown bread with veggies no potato, low fat butter and cheese
- Salad warps- mix veg salads in a wheat chapatti
- Spinach and oats paratha,brown rice veggie pulao.
V.Snacking ideas to keep blood glucose in check
- Handful of nuts - 7-8 almonds and walnuts
- Raw veggies
- Vegetable soups
- Fruit bowl
- Cereal chivdabhel
- Wrap- salads,/ rajma with salsa sauce
VI.Choos.e your bevarages wisely
Stay away from, sugary drink, carbonated beverages, tea and coffee with sugar, syrup based drinks.
Choose from - plain water, unsweetened tea and coffee, low fat milk drink, green tea.
Why is Exercise imp-
- Improves blood glucose control
- Improves energy levels.
- Helps to lose weight and maintain body weight
- Helps in preventing Diabetes complication.
- Improves mental health by reducing stress,
- Strengthens bone and muscles
- You can do flexibility exercise like stretching, yoga, Aerobic exercise(brisk walk, dance, swimming, cycling etc), Strength training,.
Exercise should be performed 1-3hrs post meals, avoid workout at bed time to avoid hypoglycemia. (Do remember to hydrate yourself throughout workout)
Before exercise - make sure your sugar levels are normal - between 150mg/dl- 250mg/dl.
Urology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diseases affecting the urinary tract system and male reproductive organs. The organs that come under the scanner here are the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis). Though there is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men, urology also deals with certain women related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence. In fact, doctors who specialize in female urology gain detailed knowledge of the female pelvic floor together with intimate understanding of the physiology and pathology.
Here are 9 things you should know as a woman
1. Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
2. An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
3. Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
4. Walk the exercise path to good health: Exercises for your vagina like kegal are great when done right. You can connect with a practitioner who specializes in toning and the stimulation of pelvic floor muscles to treat incontinence.
5. Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
6. Know the difference between UTI and STI: Because of cross symptoms, one often gets mistaken for the other. So check with your urologist to understand the cause and cure of your particular problem.
7. Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
8. Women can get kidney stones too: This is true, especially when you forget to hydrate yourself in hot climates or high temperature situations.
9. Urology can solve some sexual problems too: Whether it's sexual dysfunction, low libido or trouble reaching orgasm, urology can play its part to help you out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.