Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renu YadavYour feedback matters!
Modern lifestyles lead to poor health in many ways. However, the use of simple and natural methods can significantly improve health and vitality. Purification therapy is a unique feature of Ayurveda involving the complete cleansing of body and thereby eliminating vitiated doshas. The technique effectively treats doshic balances in their advanced stages. Vitiated doshas causing blocked channels in a system, which needs purification, approach. Shirodhara is one of the great purification and rejuvenating therapy.
Shirodhara is an ancient ayurvedic healing practice performed in India for over 5, 000 years. The word Shirodhara breaks down into two ideas: Shiro, meaning head, and dhara which means flow. Together they form a concept that aims to bring physical and emotional balance by rejuvenating the spirit and preserving health. This is achieved through a relaxing technique in which warmed oil is poured over a client? s forehead for an extended period of time.
There are specialized forms of Shirodhara called tailadhara, ksheeradhara, takradhara and jaladhara.
Shirodhara works primarily on the mental sheath or 'manomaya kosha' as it is referred to in Ayurveda. Shirodhara is traditionally used to calm the nerves, harmonize vata constitutions, restore the nerves, release stored emotions, and purify the mind. In ayurvedic medicine, it is considered an important tool in the pursuit of higher states of consciousness. Shirodhara has been traditionally shown to help with fatigue, mental exhaustion, anxiety, insomnia, some mental disorders, headache, excessive thinking, nervousness, and many other conditions commonly affecting persons in today? s active lifestyle.
Benefits of Shirodhara:
Memory, nourishes hair and scalp, assists in providing sound sleep and calms the body and mind. Shirodhara is one of the most effective treatments for reducing stress and nervous tension.
Ultimate mental and emotional relaxation therapy beneficial for many diseases connected with the head, neck, eyes, ears, nose and throat beneficial for many diseases of the nervous system like nerve disorders, facial palsy, paralysis and ptosis (drooping) of the eyelids. Beneficial for curing long standing insomnia and schizophrenia beneficial for fits in epilepsy when used in conjunction with other medicines prevents hair lose, premature graying and cracking of hair relieves headache and burning sensation of the head nourishes and rejuvenates the body stimulates the nervous system giving sturdiness to the body improves digestion sharpens the sense organs improves the quality of voicegives strength to the neck and headimproves the health of the skincools the body and relieves pain. Invigorates the body and mind and stimulate cognitive memorieshelps relieve fatigue, tension, anxiety, anger, chronic headaches, rheumatism, hypertension, asthma, hair problems and stressdisperses negative electrical impulses that accumulate at the skull and hairline from stress. Renews the sweetness of liferejuvenates the entire face and softens worry linesopens the third eye of lord shiva by this therapeutic marma based head massageactivates the pituitary glandincreases spiritual awarenessregulates mood and depression disordersactivates the memory and stimulates the 6 and 7th charka which regulates our breathing patterns. Increases nutrition improves concentration, intelligence, confidence and self-esteem
Contraindications for Shirodhara therapy
Full stomach severe vatapeople with severe anxiety and combined control issues low blood pressurepregnancyrecent neck injuiryalcoholismbrain tumor abrasions or cuts on headrashes on forehead or scalpaversion to oil.
She is only 12years[approaching] old. But she have already big breast n excessive growth of hair in her genital part. And she tell me that last week she did masturbation. But she is not having periods. Why is this doctor? Did sexual behaviour starts early in 12? She is really behaving very sexually. She watches porn movies. Did that causes this? How can we reduce it? please help
Ayurveda works wonders in cleansing the blood by removing impurities and toxins, accumulated in various organs of the body such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and skin. It is equally effective in case of both healthy and unhealthy individuals. While the unhealthy person gets rid of the chronic diseases, the healthy person becomes fit enough to prevent diseases and stay physically and mentally fit.
Panchakarma: Panchakarma is Ayurveda's primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic treatments eliminate toxins from the body, they are: Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Shirodhara, and Nasya, The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
- Vamana: Vaman (Therapeutic Emesis) :] Therapeutic emesis is administered in patients suffering from derranged Kapha accumulated in Respiratory tract, Sinuses, Bronchial asthma, Psoriasis, Chronic Allergies, Obesity, Chronic Indigestion, Hyperacidity, Nasal Congestion and other skin disorders. Patient is advised to drink decoction of liquorice, or Acorus calamus root, or sugarcane juice – as per his body constitution and ailment he is suffering from – to the full extent and emesis is induced. Minimum 4-6 bouts of vomit indicates excellent purification.
- Virechana: Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation) : Virechan is given to patients suffering from Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation) : Virechan is given to patients suffering from Pitta dosha related diseases. It cleanses the GastroIntestinal tract thoroughly and voids off the Pitta toxins accumulated in the liver, gall bladder and small intestine. Purgation is given with medicines like Cows milk, Black currants, castor oil, etc.It is a safe procedure without side effects. Virechana helps to cure Chronic Fever, Diabetes, Asthma, Skin disorders such as Herpes, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia, Joint disorders, Digestive disorders, Constipation, Hyperacidity, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Headaches, Elephantiasis and Gynecological disorders.
- Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): The term 'Basti' stands for a pouch or bag. The procedure involves introducing ayurvedic liquid and herbal concoctions made of oils and milk through the perineum or anus or the vaginal opening in women in order to cleanse and heal the lower part of the body and remove the toxins accumulated in this part through the colon and urinary tract. Basti is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person. It provides treatment for: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility. It is always better to practice these under the advice of an expert ayurveda practitioner.
- Shirodhara: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is continuously poured on your forehead for about 30 to 45 minutes followed by a 15 to 20 minutes Abhyanga massage. Depending on your body type, milk, oil, buttermilk or herbal decoctions are used to boost up the therapeutic effect of the treatment. It provides deep relaxation to your central nervous system and rejuvenates it. Shirodhara oil regulates the functioning of your hormonal system too, eliminating ailments such as high blood pressure, migraine, anxiety and headaches. Medicated buttermilk massage treatment helps treat diabetes while medicated milk serves as a good remedy to insomnia as well.
- Nasya: Nasya or nasal administration is a procedure of cleaning the accumulated Kapha from the head and neck region. At first, the face, head and chest are massaged thoroughly using certain herbal oil which promotes perspiration. The excess mucus accumulated in the throat, sinus and head is drained out through the nearest opening- the nose. This treatment helps in treating sinusitis, headaches, migraine, Rhinitis, facial palsy, paralysis, insomnia, frozen shoulder and neurological dysfunctions. It is also effective in improving eyesight and memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I'm suffering from bleeding in urine since last four days. Whenever I'm urinate some blood and skin flows with urine and lots of pain n itching. I have UTI history. I'm on home made medicine but no any improvement occur. Is there any serious ? please suggest some medication.
Hi I am Dr. Archana Narula. I am a practicing Gyaenochologist in South Delhi
The areas of my expertise are infertility and women diseases.
Today I am going to talk to you about infertility in a married couple. The problem of infertility is on the rise in the urban areas and is a matter of grave concern. There are many causes which can lead to infertility in a couple.
The reasons could be stress related to career, it could be irregular menstrual history, it could be hormonal disturbances, it could be also erratic food habits and erratic sleeping patterns. The other reasons could be a late marriage and planning of a late pregnancy.
When a couple has had unprotected intercourse for about a year and is not able to conceive, we call that couple as an infertile couple and they need medical assistance.
When a woman comes to us with a history of not able to conceive, we put through a battery of test.
The first step could be taking her menstrual history, how irregular or regular are the periods. We also take into account the results of many blood investigations like the female sex hormones. This could be followed by a female pelvic ultrasound scan and lastly we also do a test called as hysterosalpingograph (HSG), this is the test which is done to know the patency of the tubes in the female reproductive system.
In the case of a male, the most important test to determine whether the male is infertile or not is the semen analysis. The semen analysis is a very simple test but is of very much importance. This could be followed by the ultrasound of the scrotal areas and even some male hormones like serum testosterone. When a couple has a problem of infertility, there are various techniques which are available to assist in a reproduction. Sometimes even simple counselling, even simple explaining of the fertility period can solve the problem of infertility but sometimes the couple can need assisted reproductive techniques, they could be IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination) IVF (In fertilization) and even surrogacy.
If any of you out there has such kind of problems, please be free to contact me or the Lybrate team through chat, mail, even video chat, video call or even you can come and meet me at my clinic, I am at South Delhi, Greater Kailash Part 1.
My Wife is 25 years old & She is pregnant since 2.5 months. Now a days she has been bleeding spots sometimes. What should I do? Kindly suggest.
I am just 16 and me partner too.We tried couple of times but failed to penetrate.Last time it was partially inserted and she started bleeding. Its very discouraging.
I am 27 yrs old. My weight is 58kg. My stomach is fatty. I have pcod problem and have treatment. I want to some lose my weight. Please give me diet chart and how could I lose my weight. Help me.
Hi, me and my husband ar planning for our second baby but I really really want to have twins this time. Please tell me the ways of increasing the chances of having twins.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend before 4 days. She got early periods today. Is this the sign of pregnancy. What can we do avoid pregnancy?
My last period happened 14 of September and I have no period now. I have cramps and white discharge also and my nipples are painful to touch. I tested today (20 October )urine pregnancy test but result shows negative. I want to know I am pregnant or not?
I had mild bleeding during sex with my fiancé which just got over soon after sex. Bleeding was extremely light like discharge and light brown in colour. Sex was also rough and was done after a span of 5 months. Doctor asked me to go for Pap smear. Results show moderate neutrophilic infiltrate. What does it mean? Was this bleeding due to infection or rough sex?
Hi Dr,I have got married 2 years back still I didn't yet conceived should I wait for some more time or should I undergo any treatment.
I am 30 years old and my wife is 28. We have 1.5 year old baby girl. Unfortunately my wife is pregnant and we want to terminate the pregnancy as my daughter is small. She missed her periods 6 days back and it is showing positive test on pregnancy test kit. Can you please help and suggest to have a safe medicine to terminate the pregnancy?
Yawning serves as thermoregulatory mechanism in other words it is like a radiator. The human brain takes upto 40 percent of body's metabolic energy. So it tends to consume more than other organ systems.
When we yawn the big gulp of air travels through the upper nasal and oral mucosa. When we stretch our jaw and mouth it increase the flow of blood to the skull. The deep inhalation through yawning cools the blood in the brain.
It mostly happen around bedtime or early in the morning as the temperature changes most at these times
What is the time of the month, when we can do intercourse without condom, and no chance of getting pregnant. Please also tell whether it is 100 %confirm or not, or either any chance of getting pregnant.
In first month pregnancy. My doctor have given me folic acid medicine to take. Can I take folic acid. What is folic acid.
Everyone wants to live happily in their lifetime but managing to live so is becoming a difficult task due to the stressful and uneventful life. But there are few rules could be followed with due principles and priorities of the facts in the life they are:
A. Breathing exercises to reduce stress and to lead a healthy life style
B. Physical activities like following stretching and strengthening exercises in stipulated time regularly to keep body fit as well as healthy
C. Atttempting newer experience like shopping trekking etc
D. Writing the experiences in the life like cultivating the habit of writing diary habits of every events
E. Listening music may reduces stress in mind and body
F. Moving or friendly with happy minded people
G. Avoiding drugs and alcohol
H. Cultivating regular habit of travelling every 3 or 6 months once with loved one's
I. Regular sleep pattern
J. Communicating in time of difficult periods with concerned rather having it in the mind for long time without any ego