Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Renu Raina Sehgal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Renu Raina SehgalYour feedback matters!
My period are very late this time otherwise it was normal May I know any medicine or natural way so tha I may get my period immediately?
I have missed my period, yesterday was my date. What medicines should I take to avoid pregnancy? In case I get positive results.
Hello doctor, I am 32 married male. I had unprotected anal sex with my wife. We both are loyal to each other and never had sex with other partners and we both are infection free. I washed my penis after sex with water. I just wanted to know is there any chances of getting infected with STD. And is it safe to have unprotected anal sex.
Hi My Friend is feeling pain in citrous from last week. She's feeling more pain when urination, she's worried and wanna know what may be the reason for pain and cure.
I had TAH and BSO (Hysterectomy) done on 21st 2015. I resumed normal work on 24th itself, surgery was painless, medicines administered till 31st Dec'15. Do not lift heavy weights etc. I had no b. P. No sugar, ECG was normal. I am doing swimming now in Ganga water almost daily and itching pain inside the horizontal incision subsides. At times I get some itching sensation i. E. Tingling sensation inside. But it is not at all unbearable. I live mostly on fruits and liquid diet. Breathing rate being 3 to 4 times per minute. Should I take any medicine? Please advise me in this regard.
My Amh is 0.31 and Fsh is 26. I have Vitamin D deficiency .i m 36 year old .trying to conceive .i have 1 missed abortion .Doctor said to go for Ivf with use of donor egg and meanwhile she prescribe 3 months medication of evaserve .endogest for 12 days .progynova. Is it not possible that I can use my own egg and conceive naturally.
I was taking norethisterone tab from 22nd December to 27th December, then I had unprotected sex on 29th and 30th December. After that I got my periods on 31st December. This month 31st January I didn't got my periods yet. Is this a side effect of norethisterone or am I pregnant?
I am 20 years old female. I have stomach pain in my period days. I take pain relief. Is that right can I take pain relief or it is harmful. What should I do now.
14 February ko Maine apne bf ke saath first time sex Kia Tha Bina kisi protection ke kuch pregnancy issue na ho iske lie next day Maine 72 pregnancy control medicine le Lia .problem ye h ki one month ho gae pr abhi tak mere period nhi hue. Pregnancy test v Kia pr wo negative aaya. Mujhe dar lg RHA h ki Kya problum. Please help me.
Modern women want to have it all, in personal and professional life. They want to experience the joy of motherhood but not the pain associated with normal delivery. For such women, epidural analgesia during labour is a blessing. Epidural analgesia/anaesthesia is given to pregnant women during childbirth. Epidural painkillers stop the pain signals transmitted nerves from uterus. This stops the pain sensation of labour. For epidural analgesia, a catheter (small tube) is inserted into the epidural space in the spinal cord. It is through this tube that the drugs (painkillers) reach the desired nerves.
Types of Epidurals:
Epidurals can be
- Injection with top-ups: Once given, epidurals help to relieve the pain that arises due to contractions. When the epidural starts to wear off, top-ups or refills are used. The refills can last for 1-2 hours.
- Combined Spinal Epidural: Compared to the regular epidurals, the combined spinal epidurals are powerful, quick, and more effective. Here too, epidural painkillers are made to pass through the catheter, once the first injection wears off. It is also known as Walking Epidural.
- Continuous infusion (patient-controlled epidural analgesia): Here, the other end of the epidural catheter is attached to a pump. This pump continuously infuses the painkillers into your back. For an effective response, top-ups may be used. Many hospitals allow patients to control the pump.
Merits and demerits of having an epidural--
- Epidurals make the delivery smooth and hassle free.
- Epidurals are relatively safe as only a small fraction of the medicine reaches the baby.
- Women stay fully awake and experience no pain during the cervix dilation. This enables them to push the baby out with more energy.
- Depending on the requirement, the dosage of epidurals can be adjusted.
- Epidurals help to lower the cases of C-section delivery.
Though epidurals make childbirth easy, one cannot overlook its demerits.
- Infections can sometimes occur.
- Sometimes epidural analgesia can have a patchy effect, causing some pain to persist.
- Though rare, epidural can result in nerve damage.
- Epidurals bring about a fall in blood pressure. At times, this can be risky for the baby.
- Nausea, headache, itchiness, backache, soreness are the common side effects of epidurals.
- Epidurals relax a woman, thereby reducing their urge to push the baby out.
Thus, they may take longer than usual to push the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.