Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rekha Sharma
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have hair problem for last 6 mnth and what is its relation with testis or testosterone? If I will remove my one testis is really grow my hair!
I recently took a haemoglobin test and it is at 8.2 (normal female range is 12-14). What should I do to increase the levels? I'm 21.
During pregnancy, flu (influenza) can impose serious health implications for both the mother and the child. Due to pregnancy, the risk of developing complications like pneumonia are very high, which can pose as a problem during childbirth. Miscarriage, low birth weight, premature birth are some of the major issues, which might develop if the mother has suffered from flu during her pregnancy. Although flu vaccination during pregnancy has certain risks, it has been observed that in most cases the benefits of inactivated influenza vaccine outweigh the risks. However, Live attenuated influenza vaccine is not recommended at all during pregnancy.
Recommendations across the world suggest that prevention of influenza by administration of inactivated influenza vaccine is the best intervention in pregnancy. The vaccine for Flushould be administered before the onset of flu season. RANZCOG, NHS UK, RCOG, FOGSI recommends inactivated flu vaccine for all the pregnant women unless there are any contraindications.
Taking inactivated influenza vaccine can be beneficial in multiple ways:
1. Prevents maternal complications: During pregnancy, the heart and lungs go through extra stress. Pregnancy can also severely impact your immune system. Opting for a inactivated flu vaccine can decrease significantly, the chance of falling severely ill due to flu.
2. Prevents pregnancy problems due to flu: Getting infected by flu during pregnancy can increase the chance of miscarriage during childbirth. Administering inactivated flu shots can prevent miscarriage as well as premature birth and low birth weight.
3. Protects the baby after birth: Infants have a huge risk of getting infected with flu after birth. But as vaccines cannot be administered to them until they are 6 months old, it is the best recourse to opt for inactivated flu shots during pregnancy as the antibodies pass onto the child from the mother via placenta. The child can hence be protected from such diseases.
Often, one fear about the vaccine, is the development of Gullain Barre syndrome. This is very rare and the risk of GBS are higher following influenza like illness. Also, if the patient is allergic to eggs they are advised to consult a physician. Flu vaccines have traces of egg protein in it. Certain precautions are taken after studying the patient's medical history. The doctor may keep the patient under observation. Or in certain instances the physician might suggest alternative flu vaccine, which do not contain egg protein. Physicians decide it after studying any prior allergic reaction.
As per the WHO SAGE position paper, from 1990 to 2009 the vaccine adverse event reporting system database in USA reported only 20 serious adverse events following administration of trivalent influenza vaccine to an estimated 11.8 million pregnant women. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have started coughing for continuously 2 to 3 months when a season changes from Summer to rainy season or rainy to winter season? What should I do? I have shown to many doctors and done chest x ray and blood test but found nothing. What to do now. Doctors are saying its a kind of allergy, even they have given prescription. But after taking that also, I have never got relief and my coughing is continuously on for next 2 to 3 months. Please give suggestions.
My penis is curved to the left hand side when it becomes erect. I just want to know whether I'l face any sexual problems due to curved penis in future. I masturbate twice or thrice a week.
I am experiencing itching and rashes in whole body since six months. Other day, it goes away after taking medicine, but then after few days, it comes back. And sometimes with swelling in hand or feet or face. The same cycle is going on. Please help.
I am 21 year old female having 55x25x47mm cyst in my left ovary of volume 36ml. Is it harmful? What should I doo.
A healthy relation with your partner, both in and out of bed is of utmost importance for your mental health. Premature ejaculation is a condition that males suffer from. It basically occurs when semen springs too soon during sexual activity. There are various stages of sexual response and excitement. When the semen comes out due to orgasm in the early stage, it is usually known as premature ejaculation. There are many ways to deal with this.
Ayurveda is also an efficient way for treating this ailment. These are a few tips to prevent permanent ejaculation:
- Herbal Drink: There are many herbs that aid the treatment of various diseases and symptoms in Ayurveda. You can mix powdered asparagus with warm milk and boil it for about ten minutes. This drink can be ingested twice a day for greater efficacy. You can add soaked and peeled almonds to this concoction as well.
- Diet: You can include ingredients like almonds, ginger, saffron and cardamom for fighting premature ejaculation. Eggs are also a good source of protein that can help in preventing this condition. Garlic and drumsticks can also be used in one's diet for this condition to abate. Fresh fruits, honey and cow's milk are some of the most important parts of a person's diet when treating premature ejaculation. Further, you must have nourishing food at least thrice a day in order to ensure that your body is getting a routine and regular supply of all the vital nutrients and vitamins that can help in maintaining balance in the body, especially as far as the various doshas as concerned.
- Yogic Poses: There are many Yogic postures and poses that can help people suffering from this condition. The shoulder stand or the Sarvang Asana, as well as others like the Halasana or the plough and the Matsya Asana or fish, can help in relieving the symptoms of this ailment.
- Supplements: Ayurvedic medication like Shilajit can also be used for building immunity and tackling the problem of premature ejaculation.
- Massages: Hot oil massages with the help of a trained hand can help in activating all those dormant areas that are not contributing to a well functioning body. This can help in treating premature ejaculation as well.
During the process and tenure of the medication and treatment, Ayurveda generally recommends that the patient should abstain from all stimulation and sexual activity so that the efficiency increases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.