Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Reena Jain
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Reena JainYour feedback matters!
For years I have been practicing as a psychotherapist in different parts of the world and what I have noticed is that no matter what kind of relationship or marriage a couple are in, when they end up in my office it's always for the same reason: they want to be happier, healthier and more-connected even though the issues can vary - money, sex, infidelity, in-laws, children etc.
Despite this each relationship is completely subjective and no clear cut rules can be executed on it, yet following certain guidelines may help proceeding happily in a relationship.
If you are struggling in your relationship (and if you are reading this article there is a big chance you are unless you are one of my friends..or both) you might find it helpful to follow some of these ideas:
1. Love yourself - You must love yourself before you can love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy. Accepting yourself fully as you are and showing yourself this same unconditional love will provide protection, healing, and confidence to work on your shortcomings.
2. Adopt a positive lifestyle - There are many different ways in which you can embrace a more positive lifestyle - practice affirmations, express gratitude, meditation, exercise... just find something that helps you unwind and enjoy life. And most importantly - keep doing these things repeatedly.
3. Empathize with your partner - The ability to empathize is what inhibits us from just going through life doing whatever we want, without any regard for others. It is what makes compromise in a relationship possible. If I realize that something I've done has hurt you (because I can empathize with your pain or unhappiness) I will hesitate to do that again.
4. Take responsibility: Don't try to figure out who's right - When couples come for therapy, one or both tend to think that the primary problem is their partner. Both people co-create the climate of the relationship. And both need to do some things differently to create the marriage or relationship they both really want. If your intention is to create a more positive world for yourself and those around you, it's up to you to have the thoughts, moods, and actions that will create that world.
5. Stay connected - When there is distress in the marriage or relationship, one or both usually feel some emotional disconnection. Frequently, sexual passion diminishes as well. (However, sometimes one partner will try to increase frequency of sex in an effort to feel connected.). And often, people will busy themselves with work or kids instead, or do other things to either try to feel connected or to avoid being alone with the person with whom they feel the pain of disconnection
6. Express thoughts, feelings, and wishes - Resentment can build when couples sweep things under the rug, so be vulnerable and don't bury negative feelings, but try to express them in a respectful way.
Opening up to your partner can make you feel vulnerable and exposed, but it is the most important part of an intimate relationship. In Daring Greatly, Dr. Brene Brown defines vulnerability as uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure. Given this definition, the act of loving someone and allowing them to love you may be the ultimate risk. Love is uncertain. It's risky because there are no guarantees and your partner could stop loving you. Exposing your true feelings may mean that you are at a greater risk for being hurt or criticized.
7. Try new things together - Boredom can be a major obstacle to lasting romantic or companionate love.
Psychological research has suggested that couples who experience the most intense love are the ones who enjoy participating in new or challenging 'self-expanding' activities together.
8. Preserve your independence - Dr Perel, in her popular TED talk explains that neediness and caretaking in long-term partnerships - which can easily result from looking to the partnership for safety, security and stability - damper the erotic spark. But if couples can maintain independence and witness each other participating in individual activities at which they're skilled, they can continue to see their partner in an ever-new light.
If after trying the above you are still struggling with your relationship, make sure you go and see a couple therapist.
Two couples talking in one couple's living room...
One says to the other, 'The work being done on your marriage.. are you having it done or are you doing it yourselves? In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If we have unprotected sex one week before the menstrual date, & if I did not get period till my date, is there any chances of getting pregnant. Kindly help.
Am 8 month completed pregnant women. My doc told to me my baby is over weight. What should I do decrease the weight of baby? How to avoid c section.
Carboxytherapy refers to the cutaneous and subcutaneous administration of carbon dioxide gas [CO2] for therapeutic purposes. Carboxytherapy originated at the Royal Spas of France in 1932 with the treatment of patients afflicted by peripheral arterial occlusive disease. Studies have demonstrated that carboxytherapy improves skin elasticity, improves circulation, encourages collagen repair, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and destroys localized fatty deposits.
How Carboxytherapy Works
For Dark Undereye Circles: Poor circulation and vascular pooling beneath the lower eyelids is the main cause of dark undereye circles. Carboxytherapy works by injecting a small amount of CO2 just beneath the skin to increase circulation and collagen formation in the lower eyelid.
For Stretch Marks: Carbon dioxide causes the formation of new collagen and later thickens the skin to improve the stretch marks appearance and texturally damaged skin. Carboxytherapy will help to improve the colour of white stretch marks and helps to tone down the inflammation of new ones.
For Scars: Carboxytherapy triggers the healing process to produce collagen to the affected area, leading to faster and more complete healing.
For Hair Rejuvenation: When carbon dioxide is injected in areas where hair is thinning or shedding, it will help to improve circulation of the scalp. Carboxytherapy promotes blood flow to the area by causing vasodilation of vessels in the area to help hair follicles grow healthier and thicker.
For Cellulite: Carbon dioxide gas is directly toxic to the fat cells, causing it to burst. In turn, the liquefied fatty substance is removed naturally by the body. Carbon dioxide also helps to increase blood flow, which stimulates collagen production and will further improve skin tone.
For Fat/Spot Reduction: Carbon dioxide widens the blood vessels of the treated area. It will increase blood circulation which leads to a fast administration of oxygen and nutrients to the affected area. Carbon dioxide also mechanically breaks membranes of fat cells which are then eliminated naturally by the body.
How is Carbon Dioxide Therapy performed?
Carboxytherapy is a non surgical technique where by CO2 is infiltrated into the subcutaneous fat via the smallest needle available (30G X ½ in). From one injection point the carbon dioxide diffuses easily into adjacent tissues so you won't feel like a pin cushion. Treatments take 15-20 minutes.
How many Sessions are required
For Dark Undereye Circles: Depending on how sever the dark circles are 1 to 6 sessions are required spaced a week apart. The results usually last 3 to 6 months.
For Stretch Marks: Newer or mild stretch marks should be treated for 2-4 weeks once per week. For older or more severe stretch marks should be treated once per week for 3-12 weeks.
For Scars: 3-12 sessions are needed spaced once a week apart.
For Hair Rejuvenation: A minimum of 12 sessions are needed once every 7 days initially. Maintenance is required.
For Cellulite: Depending on the Severity of the problem area being treated usually 6-12 treatments are needed spaced a week apart. Maintenance may be required based on lifestyle and eating habits.
For Fat/Spot Reduction: Usually 6-12 treatments are needed spaced a week apart depending on the severity of the area being treated.
What is the down time?
Carboxytherapy is a technique with very little downtime. Injections are insufflating CO2 gas which is a natural gas produced by the body itself. The body has all the systems to eliminate this amount of CO2 in a few minutes. Although immediate visual effects of gas injections maybe important, almost 100% of patient leave the office with nothing anyone notice. No downtime for Dark undereye circles, stretchmarks, cellulite, Fat reduction, scars, and hair rejuvenation. Patients must know that 20% of the sessions may results in bruises which may take 4-8 days to resolve completely. Compared to laser procedures or other aesthetics treatment, carboxytherapy is probably one of the treatments with shortest even null time.
When Can You see results
For Dark Under eye Circles: You will see results after 1 treatment. A series of 6 treatments spaced a week apart is required to achieve great results.
For Stretch Marks: Results are immediate. The tissue improves and the skin becomes firm and smoother.
For Scars: Results may be apparent after every treatment however most clients are satisfied after a series of 6 or more sessions.
For Hair Rejuvenation: After the treatment, immediately it increases the blood supply right away and patients will notice dramatic results when combined with other hair loss treatments. Optimal results are seen with maintenance after 6 to 12 months.
For Cellulite: Noticeable results are shown within 3 treatments
For Fat/Spot Reduction: Immediate results are noticeable after the first treatment. For optimal results, 8-10 sessions are required for localized fat reduction with carboxytherapy.
Is the Treatment Painful?
The treatment is not painful. Some patients can experience a light tingling sensation near the injection site. It disappears within a matter of seconds. As a result of the increased circulation the area surrounding th injection site may feel warmer for 10-20 minutes. Clients usually do not feel anything when treating scars as there are no nerve ending in scar tissue.
The only potential side effect is bruising at the injection site. This is most common on the arms and legs.
Hi, I am 24 male recently got married with my girlfriend (age 35), 1. I want to know is this OK to mary with high age of girl or what are the effects that occur in our life due to such age difference? 2. We are planning for sexual intercourse at our honeymoon, but we are very scared of pain when hymen breaks. Can she bear that pain and we continue with sex at same time and what can we do on immediate basis if pain increases in such situation? Is there any first aid that we should carry with us at our honeymoon? Please help me with all the answers. Thank you!
She will get more pain during periods bt she gets regular periods. She can not walk at that time were too lean any solution to stop paining without taking tablets?
After 3 months post C section delivery, my wife is facing pain in both legs I.e. Sciatica nerve pain emerging from hips and also having tight belly with mild pain on pressing the belly. Please suggest the diagnosis and line of treatment?
Hello doctor I'm 21 years old. I've ovarian cyst and also over weight. I had sex with a boy on October, and I'm not receiving my periods from October its 3rd month. So I take pregnancy home test kit on 1st month and on December both shows negative result. But I'm scared because periods are not coming, is there any chance of pregnancy? Please help me please.
Hi I am 27 years old and trying to conceive. If we had sex up to the day of ovulation but not on and day after ovulation. Still I can be pregnant. My ovulation date is 1st march and I had sex upto 29th feb.
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage / abortion, infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.