Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravi Sautha
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi SauthaYour feedback matters!
My daughter having hypothyroidism Since 5 years. Her t3 t4 levels are within The range. But her tsh level at beginning Is 24, then 15, 12. Three months back it is 0.19. Now it is 6.20.she using thyro norm 75 mg. Kindly advise how much is the correct dosage.
Today my father vomited blood after eating rice. He is sick suffering from body pains from 3 days. He is a regular alcoholic drinks nearly 750 ml per day. What should I do please help me.
I'm feeling tennis elbow pain around my right elbow and lower biceps while playing badminton. How to get rid of it completely?
Whenever he do running, his leg gets swelling and it doesn't go before a month, x ray is okay. What to do?
My father has got sudden pain on left leg knee. And won't able to walk. Please provide some solutions for this. Thank you. I have share basic information of my father.
Sir I have neck, back and head pain. What can I do? Sir some time my mouth is smelling even I brushed my teeth what can I do for it. Sir please send your suggestion My heart is biting so fastly even my blood pressure is normal.
I am 63 years old man I am suffering from pain in my right leg heal, the pain is increased after more walk pain is also more in the morning. Please give me some solution for this problem.
I have swelling at my middle finger of left hand and its not recovering from last 3 months what should I do? This swelling at start point of middle finger.
I am 35 year old. My problem is about one year, when I go for potty. I have very much pain on my the back side. What to do Dr.
If you are about to undergo a knee replacement surgery, it is important to know the extent of pain that it involves, and the recovery period that follows. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and a patient needs a lot of time to adjust to the replacement of his knee. The time of recovery depends on the patient and form of surgery that has been undertaken. The steps of recovery after a knee replacement surgery are as follows:
- After the surgery, you will be given painkillers which you can self-administer using a switch. You may also require an oxygen mask or blood transfusion.
- You may require crutches and should walk within a frame. The ability to get back to walking without any help depends on the patient.
- You will be taught exercises for strengthening your knees in the hospital by a physiotherapist.
- It is likely for you to experience some initial discomfort during exercising and walking, as your legs may become swollen.
- Putting on a passive motion machine may be beneficial in restoring movement in your knees when you are lying in bed.
- It is likely for you to spend a period of three to five days in the hospital, based on your condition and its progress.
- An enhanced recovery program may be suggested by your surgeon in which you may start walking from the surgery day itself.
Recovery at home
- It is normal for you to feel tired and fatigued at home in the beginning. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and the tissues and muscles around your knees require time to heal properly.
- You should arrange for a person who would help you while you go out for a few weeks after the surgery.
- It is very important for you to practice the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist. This is a vital part of speedy recovery and you should not avoid them.
- You will be able to stop depending on crutches or walking frames and go back to your regular activities and schedule, six weeks after the surgery.
- The swelling and pain associated with the surgery may take around three months to depart.
The recovery process usually continues for two years after undergoing the surgery. During this period, scar tissue heals and your muscles get restored through exercises. It is recommended for you to avoid any kind of extreme sports or movements in which there is a risk of falling, such as mountain biking, or skiing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.