Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
I am 36 years old is it safe to walk on treadmill on incline no. 10 and speed 7.5. Would walking on incline would do bad effect on knees.
My age is 52 years woman, of late I feel Knee pain, when I bend and do namaskarams and clamping stair case, if I spray some pain reliever I get some relief. Please advice me if there any exercise, I am taking calcium regularly.
I am 22 year old boy. For last 1 week I am facing severe pain in my calf muscle. It pains hard after I woke up from my sleep. And also cause trouble when I sit at a place for sometime. I do not know the reason why its happening. Kindly guide me and lemme know how I can get relief from this pain. Thank you.
I have a complete ACL tear .My activity level is high. I heard there is a non surgical repair way. How does that work? I want a complete recovery since i'm a sportsperson .Shall I go with reconstruction surgery?
Hi, this is PREMKUMAR from Vijayawada. I have been facing the problem back pain from last 30 days. What is the reason getting pain frequently. What is the solution for that.
I am 53 years old I have continuous slight pain on the back/end of my right lung. I use wishky daily evening 150 ml what should I do?
I have a lower back pain when I work with computer - or sit for longer hours. Pls advice what is the best way to deal with this.
I am 50 year Old diabetic patient and is controlled sugar level but I have pain in joints i. E shoulders and legs please suggest me should I take some calsum presently I am taking glisephase g2 one in morning and evening. Onglyza 5 in mid day meal and diatal also and which calsum I should take ?
Taking knee replacement surgery to the next level
When the world is driven by technology, can we as surgeons can be far behind?
Let's see what does technology has to offer to a knee replacement surgeon?
Precise alignment and balancing of the new knee implants is imperative for its long time survival - that's where technology kicks in. The computer helps us to accurately define the axis and the angles so that your new knee fits well and is placed within millimeters of defined scientific parameters. It reduces the chances of human error towards the placement of the new knee implants. If the implants are not aligned well it leads to pain, poor function and early loosening and failure of the surgery. This technology has lead to an improvement in the precision factor of the surgery and made the results more predictable and reproducible.
How is it different from the conventional/regular knee replacement surgery and what advantages can you derive from the procedure?
A number of benefits can be derived from computer navigated knee replacement surgery such as:
1. It enables us to make smaller incisions with minimal soft tissue dissection occurring as well. As a consequence, there's greater protection of your quadriceps tendon and muscle during the procedure which helps in early rehabilitation.
2. Bone cuts are more precise in nature as well as are reproduced in a highly clear manner imparting greater accuracy and fit of the implant.
3. In a computer navigated knee replacement the ligament balancing is done in a highly precise manner which ensures the longevity of the new knee.
4. It eliminates the need to place a rod inside the intramedullary bone canal of the thigh bone, thereby, decreasing chances of postoperative bleeding and embolism.
5. In complex cases involving deformity of the thigh or leg bones due to previous fracture, excessive bowing, and trauma implants such as plate and screws in situ, traditional alignments systems are difficult to use. In these cases, computer navigated knee surgery is the most preferred method as all these doesn't pose any challenge.
The outcome is a better performance of the replaced knee, both short and long-term in nature.
Related Tip: What kind of treatment does your knee pain require?