Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ramandeep Kaur
Treatment of Infertility
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ramandeep KaurYour feedback matters!
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi, I want to know more about 'Salt therapy which is a new boom in india to cure ENT issues, skin deceases & autoimmune disorders. Can I know how it is performed on a patient?
I had a miscarriage on Dec 20, 2016. My cycle is all messed up since then, its about 36 days long. Previously it was exact 29 day. Trying to conceive for last three month but no success. How and when my cycle will be back to normal again?
I took abortion kit last night and had bleeding after 3 hours I was bleeding till morning n afternoon slightly n not much so should I take more of misoprostol? Please suggest me.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.
Doctor after my period someday a transparent liquid is coming from my vagina. And also if my husband used to stimulate me then also it is coming. Can you tell me doctor is good and why it is coming.
Intestinal parasites-Tape warm, ring warm, thread worm, Whip worm........You would have heard about them.
We all are living in an environment full of toxins and Parasites. Toxins makes our immunity weak, let the parasite get entered into our blood and get settled in our gut. And now whatever good we are having is not nourishing us, but firstly to our tiny unwanted guest.
The signs of a parasite can often appear unrelated and unexplained. It is typically seen, parasites causes more constipation in patients than diarrhoea, but some parasites are capable of changing the fluid balance in your gut and causes diarrhoea. Trouble sleeping, skin irritations, mood changes, and muscle pain can all be caused by the toxins that parasites release into the bloodstream. These toxins often cause anxiety, which can manifest itself in different ways. For instance, waking up in the middle of the night or grinding your teeth in your sleep are signs that your body is experiencing anxiety while you rest. When these toxins interact with your neurotransmitters or blood cells, they can cause mood swings or skin irritation, Rashes or Itchiness.
Few others signs are:
- Iron-deficiency anaemia
- Itchy bottom
- Worms in stool
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Wheezing or cough
- Irritability and general weakness
You can get infected by:
- Walking barefoot in the garden, playground or any infected soil; for example, hookworm larvae burrow through the skin of bare feet.
- Ingesting worm eggs through eating fruits, vegetables, grains, fish and meat contaminated with roundworm or whip worm.
- Washing fruits and vegetables with contaminated water.
- Transfer of the parasitic worms from pets to owner.
- Coming in contact with the soil that has been contaminated with human faeces from an infected person.
- Not washing hands with soap and water after defecating. Open air defecation also increases the risk of worm infestation.
Worm infestation affects normal growth in children and can cause malnutrition in adults too. Thus, it is recommended to de-worm babies in every six months after they turn one. De-worming medication kills adult worms but not the eggs + new infection form above mentioned sources makes repetition of the dose in every six months vital, even in adults too.
In Ayurveda, there are natural remedies for de- worming. That are safe and effective:
- Ajwain (carom seeds): Ajwain seeds taken with jaggery dissolved in cold water early in the morning expels worms during defecation.
- Castor Oil : Take 1 spoon Castor oil and eat 10 gm Sugar on an empty stomach. One of the best remedy for all intestinal parasite. (It can raise the frequency of defecation)
- Bael (Bengal quince, wood apple): The fruit kills the worm within the body which is then expelled with stools.
- Palasha (flame of the forest): Effective in treating roundworms. Take the seeds with buttermilk twice daily.
- Tulsi (sweet basil): Seeds of Tulsi in water or even chewing the leaves on an empty stomach is an effective remedy for all parasitic worms, including tapeworm.
So protect yourself and your loved ones from intestinal parasites. Keep your gut Happy and yourself Healthy.