Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rakhi KuldeepYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years and my weight is 95 kg. My height is 5.9. Please help me to reduce my weight and make a good diet plan.
I am fat and I don't have good height so what should I do age 17 running I want to lose my fat and want to grow my height.
Hello sir, my problem is I eating any one or two sweets pimples are coming in face, back and shoulders in all top body. And in pimples coming yellow water and small yellow stones (chimu) after its converting moles. Plss tell me what to do.
Sir my question is I am 20 year old and my weight is almost 62 kg but my problem is I have a big tummy fat how can I reduce it please give me your tips to reduce my fat.
I am doing PG, I have joined hostel because of change in water, hair is falling heavily. Please suggest me solution for this.
I an suffering for chronic migraine pain before last 3 year. Please give me ideal treatment of release if pain.
Patients with diabetes are likely to suffer from nerve damage. This condition is known as diabetic neuropathy. An increase in the blood-sugar level can damage nerve fibres, especially in the legs and feet. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication for people suffering from diabetes.
Types of neuropathy
- Peripheral neuropathy: This is the most frequently occurring form of diabetic neuropathy. It can affect the legs, feet, hands and arms of a person. Some of the common symptoms include numbness in the leg or arm, cramps, reduced reflexes and muscle weakness. This is accompanied by other problems such as joint pain, ulcers, and deformities.
- Autonomic neuropathy: This part of the nervous system controls the intestines, heart, stomach, lungs, eyes and sex organs. Diabetes can wreak havoc in these vital organs. Some of the common symptoms include bladder problems, vomiting, nausea, erectile malfunction, fluctuation in body temperature, decreased or increased sweating, and irregular heart rate.
- Radiculoplexus neuropathy: This form of neuropathy affects the nerves in areas such as the thighs, legs, buttocks, etc. This condition is mostly witnessed in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. The symptoms are often observed on one side of the body, which includes abdominal swelling, pain in the thigh, hip and buttock, weight loss, difficulty in getting up from a particular position.
- Mononeuropathy: This form of neuropathy attacks a particular nerve and is mostly found in older adults. It doesn’t have any long-term implications. Some of the symptoms include paralysis of the face, pain in the chest, difficulty in focusing the eye, and pain in the foot.
Risk factors of diabetic neuropathy
- Being overweight: An increase in body weight increases the chances of diabetic neuropathy. A body mass index (BMI) of greater than 24 is considered to be alarming for a patient suffering with diabetes.
- Smoking: Smoking narrows the arteries, thereby reducing the flow of blood to the feet and the legs. This increases the chance of diabetic neuropathy.
- Kidney disease: Diabetes can cause great damage to the kidneys, which increases the level of toxins in the body. This situation can aggravate to diabetic neuropathy.
- Poor control of blood-sugar levels: A poor control of blood-sugar levels is the biggest risk factor of diabetic neuropathy. Keeping the blood-sugar level under control helps the nerves to maintain a healthy condition.
Common complications of diabetic neuropathy
- Digestive problems: Nerve damage can lead to diseases such as diarrhoea, bloating, nausea, vomiting and a loss of appetite. It can also result in a disease called gastroparesis; this is a disease which doesn’t let the stomach empty at its usual rate.
- Limb loss: Gradual nerve damage can affect the limbs of the body. Diabetic neuropathy slowly damages the soft tissues and the skin, which eventually results in the loss of a limb. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..
I am suffering from a high fever from last 1 month. I have taken paracetamol twice but its noy working for. please refer me some medicines so that I can feel fresh again. please also do refer some medicines to increase weight.
I am 35 years old male having very less face hairs few in both chins very few in my jaws. How shall I have medication for face hairs growth.
My head is heavy every day. I feel stress could be the reason. Can you suggest any anti stress medicine?
What is the reason of decolonisation of hair. Please suggests me what to do to solve it. What to do to maintain health.
I am having back pain from 7 days this makes me workless and I am really tired of it pls suggest some idea.
Hi I am very fat person could you please tell me how to reduce my weight without decreasing the food and without excrecisisng. Please, mama is me thank you for your support.
I'm a 1st year medical student, I'm not able to put my effort in studies, I'm deviating towards games and other activities, my exams are near, still I'm not at all studying, now getting stressed, so please give me suggestions to avoid extra activities than studies and getting interest in studying.
What is the treatment for nodes on neck. I have nodes on both side of my neck. Pet scan reports Neck Nodes: Pet Images: No abnormal FDG uptake within head and neck region. There is no hypermetabolic lymph node. Level 1A - 5 MM, Level 1B - left-5 mm, right- 5 mm, Level 2A Left- 6 mm, right 8 mm, Level 2B-left 4-4, mm, right - 4-5 mm Thorax: There is no hypermetabolic focus in lungs, mediastinum or axilla. Physiologic myocardial uptake is present. Abdomen and pelvis: Mesenteric nodesL few upto 5 mm Para-aortic nodes upto 7 mm Additional findings on CT Uterus- Small 2 cm intramural fibroid. Kindly suggest suitable treatment Thank you doctor
At the time of 5 days period there is no chance of pregnancy. Is there any other chance before and after the period not to get pregnant.
You can exercise for healthier gums as well. Gently bite down so as to make sure that your teeth make a clinking sound when they meet. Repeat this 30 to 40 times continously. This exercise will stimulate the flow of blood and will keep your gums healthy.